Media A Captain’s Knock

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that you wait until I leave the League before writing this, but hey so brave of you The Filth Wizard.

Also the feeling is mutual. You are so full of sh*t, and the biggest fake person on this site. You say things in threads, but mean something different. The 'true politician'.

Anyway cheers, I am well, the break from here has been great.

Oh, I've told you time and time again how annoying you were, you know that. The question is asked to every captain, I'm not going to pussy foot around it and pretend everybody here is brilliant.

Also as far as I can see you're still on the Bears list so as a current player you're as fair game as anyone.

Glad you're feeling better though.

Oh, I've told you time and time again how annoying you were, you know that. The question is asked to every captain, I'm not going to pussy foot around it and pretend everybody here is brilliant.

Also as far as I can see you're still on the Bears list so as a current player you're as fair game as anyone.

Glad you're feeling better though.
I probably shouldn’t have gone out of my way to tag him :$

Sportsy gone, bono gone.

Mental note - Don’t become The Filth Wizard ’s least favourite poster
Were you around when okeydoke7 criticised a rule change Filth made as admin, used the said rule to demonstrate a loophole, but then Filth changed the disrepute rule retroactively to allow him to charge okey with disrepute, prevented him from posting relevant evidence from a PM which ultimately led to okey being driven into retirement? :D

Were you around when okeydoke7 criticised a rule change Filth made as admin, used the said rule to demonstrate a loophole, but then Filth changed the disrepute rule retroactively to allow him to charge okey with disrepute, prevented him from posting relevant evidence from a PM which ultimately led to okey being driven into retirement? :D

Nope, think it was before my time

Well that's not entirely true. The committee (or tribunal of the time) charged him with disrepute. As admin I had no vote. The only thing that happened in a PM was a miscommunication which led to an assumed "green light". I am on record though as saying it was my biggest regret as admin, that the circus was bigger than intended and it killed the tribunal initiative.

Were you around when okey charged the whole league with disrepute and put a hanging sentence over everybody never to criticise simmers again, in reaction to criticism leveled against boncer after the S19 premiership? Things were looser back then. Fortunately I was able to use my admin powers the next Christmas and released the entire league (including okeydoke) from any suspended sentences hanging over their head from unfair disrepute charges, in what I consider my second biggest Christmas gift to the Sweet FA.

Well that's not entirely true. The committee (or tribunal of the time) charged him with disrepute. As admin I had no vote. The only thing that happened in a PM was a miscommunication which led to an assumed "green light". I am on record though as saying it was my biggest regret as admin, that the circus was bigger than intended and it killed the tribunal initiative.

Were you around when okey charged the whole league with disrepute and put a hanging sentence over everybody never to criticise simmers again, in reaction to criticism leveled against boncer after the S19 premiership? Things were looser back then. Fortunately I was able to use my admin powers the next Christmas and released the entire league (including okeydoke) from any suspended sentences hanging over their head from unfair disrepute charges, in what I consider my second biggest Christmas gift to the Sweet FA.
Nah I find the okey version of reality far more satisfying.

You orchestrated a master plan to ruthlessly eliminate your biggest critic from the league on a Media Monday thereby earning the infamous moniker The Fuhrer Wizard.

HEEEEEIIIIILLLL

Nah I find the okey version of reality far more satisfying.

You orchestrated a master plan to ruthlessly eliminate your biggest critic from the league on a Media Monday thereby earning the infamous moniker The Fuhrer Wizard.

HEEEEEIIIIILLLL

HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND!!!

Ignoring TFW’s revisionist response to you, the above was absolutely true, and I thank you for posting it. I did get to a point a couple of seasons later where I decided I didn’t care about any consequence, so I posted all PMs in a media thread to prove that my version of events from the time were entirely correct. Some read it and understood, others didn’t care two seasons later. I could go through TFW’s response to your post and point out the direct lies/misrepresentations, but I actually found that posting my media piece a couple of seasons later was all that I needed to get over it. It was cathartic. And given I didn’t get banned from the league and site for posting all of the PMs, I feel like TFW probably agreed somewhat that it could die a death there in that thread.

I do need to criticise the second half of the post though. The way you’ve described it does make it sound bad. And I do chuckle when it’s described in that way - sounds Boncer like (not my style).

Context is important. Given the historical simmer/premiership connection, match threads with a simmer involved were becoming absolute cesspits for abuse towards simmers. The claims were simple yet personal - the simmer is a cheat, the team is cheating because of the simmer, look at the simmer’s stats etc etc etc. It was incessant and got a lot more nasty than what i described.

The actual simmers (the people behind the personas) over a couple of seasons were quitting/describing the impact on their mental health. The banter wasn’t questioning their persona, their league presence, their posting style - the banter was questioning their integrity as a person while doing a job helping the league.

So I made a couple of changes.

First, there was the warning to the league. Everyone was advised that, moving forward, there would be zero tolerance for this kind of bullying banter towards a simmer as it questioned the person, not the persona. As this was impacting almost every match thread, everyone was considered to be warned via the thread, and any subsequent breach would see them charged and suspended with bringing the game into disrepute. Keep in mind that the key rule of the Sweet FA at the time was that banter is about persona, not the person, and a determination was made that calling a simmer a cheat was questioning the person behind the role.

Later, Instead of one simmer from one team, we would have multiple simmers and a rotating simulation system. This eliminated the possibility of cheating and, subsequently, the ‘banter’ which was hurting some of the people willing to give up their time.

It’s fine that you don’t agree with it, and certainly there’s a chance that I communicated it too harshly, but it was done to look after some of the people who gave up their time for the league and to address a real problem in the league at the time. To my knowledge, I don’t think it’s been an issue in the 11 seasons since I issued that warning and then made those changes, so I’d say that it worked out alright in the end.

Note that instead of changing rules mid season to retroactively charge a rival with a trumped up charge because they outsmarted and embarrassed me, I instead gave the entire league apt warning that this particular offence would now be treated with zero tolerance and that everyone had been officially warned under the disrepute rule, meaning that it would be suspendable in future.

People talk about my ego but that’s a persona I have worked on here.

in my role, I didn’t tolerate the abuse of other people who cared about the league and did a job for the league.
You didn’t tolerate the abuse of your public reputation despite privately conspiring with me, as proved when I leaked your PMs :)

Ignoring TFW’s revisionist response to you, the above was absolutely true, and I thank you for posting it. I did get to a point a couple of seasons later where I decided I didn’t care about any consequence, so I posted all PMs in a media thread to prove that my version of events from the time were entirely correct. Some read it and understood, others didn’t care two seasons later. I could go through TFW’s response to your post and point out the direct lies/misrepresentations, but I actually found that posting my media piece a couple of seasons later was all that I needed to get over it. It was cathartic. And given I didn’t get banned from the league and site for posting all of the PMs, I feel like TFW probably agreed somewhat that it could die a death there in that thread.

I do need to criticise the second half of the post though. The way you’ve described it does make it sound bad. And I do chuckle when it’s described in that way - sounds Boncer like (not my style).

Context is important. Given the historical simmer/premiership connection, match threads with a simmer involved were becoming absolute cesspits for abuse towards simmers. The claims were simple yet personal - the simmer is a cheat, the team is cheating because of the simmer, look at the simmer’s stats etc etc etc. It was incessant and got a lot more nasty than what i described.

The actual simmers (the people behind the personas) over a couple of seasons were quitting/describing the impact on their mental health. The banter wasn’t questioning their persona, their league presence, their posting style - the banter was questioning their integrity as a person while doing a job helping the league.

So I made a couple of changes.

First, there was the warning to the league. Everyone was advised that, moving forward, there would be zero tolerance for this kind of bullying banter towards a simmer as it questioned the person, not the persona. As this was impacting almost every match thread, everyone was considered to be warned via the thread, and any subsequent breach would see them charged and suspended with bringing the game into disrepute. Keep in mind that the key rule of the Sweet FA at the time was that banter is about persona, not the person, and a determination was made that calling a simmer a cheat was questioning the person behind the role.

Later, Instead of one simmer from one team, we would have multiple simmers and a rotating simulation system. This eliminated the possibility of cheating and, subsequently, the ‘banter’ which was hurting some of the people willing to give up their time.

It’s fine that you don’t agree with it, and certainly there’s a chance that I communicated it too harshly, but it was done to look after some of the people who gave up their time for the league and to address a real problem in the league at the time. To my knowledge, I don’t think it’s been an issue in the 11 seasons since I issued that warning and then made those changes, so I’d say that it worked out alright in the end.

Note that instead of changing rules mid season to retroactively charge a rival with a trumped up charge because they outsmarted and embarrassed me, I instead gave the entire league apt warning that this particular offence would now be treated with zero tolerance and that everyone had been officially warned under the disrepute rule, meaning that it would be suspendable in future.

People talk about my ego but that’s a persona I have worked on here.

in my role, I didn’t tolerate the abuse of other people who cared about the league and did a job for the league.
You didn’t tolerate the abuse of your public reputation despite privately conspiring with me, as proved when I leaked your PMs :)

This is why you're so missed. A light hearted gibe about the looseness of the admin role and now I need to have a nap after the response. We needed more of you in S30 :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that you wait until I leave the League before writing this, but hey so brave of you The Filth Wizard.

Also the feeling is mutual. You are so full of sh*t, and the biggest fake person on this site. You say things in threads, but mean something different. The 'true politician'.

Anyway cheers, I am well, the break from here has been great.
Thanks PhenomenalV1.

This is why you're so missed. A light hearted gibe about the looseness of the admin role and now I need to have a nap after the response. We needed more of you in S30 :D
I never write a short post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back