A Carlton Bigfooty/SFA team? Who wants to be involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to the Hurricane's demise in the BigFooty/Sweet FA league, I am considering building a team from scratch. It will only involve Carlton supporters of course, so if you'd like to chip in post your thoughts in this thread.

The board in question:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=30

All the information you need regarding the league/trading/teams etc is on that board. If you want to go into specifics, just PM Mobbenfuhrer or post on the board. Once we get enough people, we can then start talking about positions, numbers, who will we poach from other teams, etc. I'll be the president/captain and if any Blues supporters already in teams - I ugre you to join us. We do have plenty of money to throw around (and no, sorry, no paper bags will be involved). ;)

You have until the 1st of May to sign up (for those who aren't in any teams. For those already in teams, remebering that no delistings are interclub tradings are allowed after the 28th of April so until then those already in teams can quit/get delisted and join the new team. This is because it's at a more covenient date. However, I might take in late applications providing that there are still spots to fill in. I'll make the date the 10th of May. In the meantime, let's talk about positions, what the name of the team will be, what number you want and so fourth.

BTW, full-forward position is mine - along with #7. ;)

*** IMPORTANT ***
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application is on a first come, first serve basis. Your preferred position and number will be given to you but to get it you must be the first one to request it (however, some positions will vary from time to time depending on individual and team form but most of the time you'll be playing where you specified). We need 18 people in the starting line-up, then 2 on the interchange then 5 emergencies. So that's 25 people required.

I'll be the president/captain/coach/recruiting officer in the beginning but I'll probably give the two latter roles up (if anyone is willing). The decision of vice and deputy captains will be for later once we get enough applications. Just remember, if you miss out on a spot in the playing group, off-field roles might still be available (players can have off-field roles too - but non-players can too).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Also as a side note, for those that will be recruited... you will have to quote my recruitment of you and show a sign of approval that you do indeed want to be a player of this new Carlton team. Do that in this thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109881

Just go with the flow.

Hmmm... team name? Suggestions, anyone? We need more! Something that's catchy, honest and original. Think of something that will let the opposition stand up and recognise us as not only a real entity but one that they will learn to respect and fear.

Suggestions, queries?

I'll be in it but last time I checked I was still on the Darkness Eternal team. A transfer will have to be arranged.

Since #7 is taken, I'll go #1 and go in the midfield.

Thrawn i would love to play for your team, i'm listed as a player in one of the other SFA team called the Razors. I have asked the captain of the Razors to arrange a trade for me that transfers me from there to the Carlton SFA team.

I will have number 25 and if possible would i be able to play at Centre Half Forward or in the midfield?

PS- When should i be traded to the Carlton Team?

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by BluEs_FaN_2003
Thrawn i would love to play for your team, i'm listed as a player in one of the other SFA team called the Razors. I have asked the captain of the Razors to arrange a trade for me that transfers me from there to the Carlton SFA team.

I will have number 25 and if possible would i be able to play at Centre Half Forward or in the midfield?

PS- When should i be traded to the Carlton Team?

Thanks. :)

Yep, CHF is available! So is your number... as for when, well first we need enough people and second we need a catchy name. Any suggestions here would be most welcome.

I'll probably go to TBV and CSC and ask if they'd like to join in. Hopefully by then we'll have a team ready and raring to go. :)

Originally posted by The Old Dark Navy's
I'll be in it but last time I checked I was still on the Darkness Eternal team. A transfer will have to be arranged.

Sorry to interrupt here, but the Darkness Eternal team has folded so ODNs I think you're a free agent! I'll just bring up the link......yes here it is!

Again, sorry for invading the Carlton board I'll be on my way now! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team so far.
PHP:
F:   xxxxx                Thrawn #7                xxxxx 

HF: xxxxx        Blues_Fan_2003 #25       teknodeejay #12 

C:   xxxxx        koutawalker #38              Curley #24 

HB: xxxxx         tim_smith321 #6              xxxxx 

FB: xxxxx                 xxxxx                        xxxxx

R:   xxxxx       The Old Dary Navy's #1      Sheik Mathious #11

IC:  xxxxx                 xxxxx

Emerg: xxxxx     xxxxx    xxxxx    xxxxx     xxxxx
Muesli still needs to pick a position.

Hmmm we need like 17 more people to complete the full squad.

How are we going to get 17 people by 1st May or whenever the deadline for trading is...??

I'm in as long as I don't have to do anything:D

I'll take the right forward pocket (or the left half forward flank as a backup) and the number 17

This is the team so far... (I don't know what position and number TheSheik wants, he still has to post what number and position he wants. Muesli also needs to post what position he wants)

F: - muesli #4 ?? - Thrawn #7 - Ryan8024

HF: - Koutaman43 #2? - Blues_Fan_2003 #25 - teknodeejay #12

C: -_______ - koutawalker #38 - Curley #24

HB: - TheSheik #?? - tim_smith321 #6 -_______

FB: -_______ -_______ -_______

R: -_______ - The Old Dark Navy's #1 - Sheik Mathious #11

IC: -_______ -_______

Emerg: -_______ -_______ -_______ -_______ -_______

For those of you who don't know what the SFA Fantasy Footy Comp is and don't know how it works then listen up: The SFA Fantasy Footy Comp is a fantasy footy competition which consists of a number of teams made up of different supporters, from each of the BigFooty Team Forums.

The game is easy as and simple... you don't have to do anything. Just sit back and check out the results of the games which is generated by random numbers and stuff like that on a program which a Big Footy member runs (the person who owns the competition), and then he posts the results of the each teams' games afterwards. It's pretend of course, or else it wouldn't be fantasy footy

So if you want to join just post the position you want to play in and what number you want and VWALAH!, that's all you need to do. We have 14 positions left vacant, so there's heaps of spots to be filled. :)

F: - muesli #4 - Thrawn #7 - Ryan8024 #17

HF: - Koutaman43 #2 - Blues_Fan_2003 #25 - teknodeejay #12

C: - next_afl_player #43 - koutawalker #38 - Curley #24

HB: - TheSheik #?? - tim_smith321 #6 -_______

FB: -_______ -_______ -_______

R: -_______ - The Old Dark Navy's #1 - Sheik Mathious #11

IC: -_______ -_______

Emerg: -_______ -_______ -_______ -_______ -_______

Remove this Banner Ad

Back