Media A Challenge To Tarkyn_24 - UPDATE: Tarkyn_24 has ACCEPTED the challenge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well here we are on the home straight of the regular season, with the finals race hotter than ever.

The Sin City Swamprats host the Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium, a clash between two dominant clubs between S25-S31 with a storied rivalry in recent years, only the winner will have any hope of making finals.

As if the occasion could not get any bigger they is an intriguing subplot on an individual level as well.

After returning early on in this season, Hall of Fame, former administrator and legendary goalkicker okeydoke7 has recaptured his best form on and off the field in S33 after a very extended absence. Notably, outscoring the ladder leading Gumbies all by himself in Round 9. He has recorded 34 goals to date this season leaving him on 895 career goals coming into this round.

After a few quiet games, Okey has run through the midfield the last couple of weeks. Most recently finding his form with 23 disposals, 8 tackles and notably 3 goals roving. I can safely say he is ready to return to the full forward post for Round 17 as he looks to put through goal 900 against his original club and help keep the Swamprats' slim finals hopes alive.

okey-png.1406712

On the flip side, Tarkyn_24 has had an unassuming season at CHF averaging less than 10 disposals per game and kicking 11 goals from 16 matches. The league's all-time leading goalkicker achieved a historic feat late last season booting through his 1000th career goal in Round 15 against the East Side Phoenix, completing a
three-season long, 64-goal pilgrimage documented meticulously by Hate each step of the way.

In the Season 30 interview with Hate, Tarkyn_24 declared himself "definitely the best." And described Okeydoke7 as one of his favourite opponents.

"I am definitely the best. I hold the record for Fred Medals, and before this season actually had a resoundingly good strike rate in performing during seasons where I spent the whole year at full forward. My best memories though stem from the rivalries and competitions that you do establish with others. Okeydoke and Mooch are probably my favourite career opponents in the sense that you share the experience of playing full forward and your performance really being on the whim of the simulator on any given day, and both are great fun to talk sh*t with."

Now the stage is set, the script writes itself. We have here a unique opportunity to write another chapter into Qootball's most storied player rivalry. I hereby issue as challenge to Tarkyn_24 and the Demons to play fullback in Round 17 and go head-to-head with Okeydoke7.

Will Tarks successfully prove that he is indeed, indisputably, unequivocally, DEFINITELY the best by preventing his closest goalkicking rival from getting a milestone? Or will Okey kick a bag of 5+ goals against his original club, archrival and Number 1 fan Headless to bring up the magical goal 900 to become only the second player to reach the mark?

This is a heavyweight clash for the ages and one that this season deserves.

manangatang , Tarkyn_24 make it so.

Fight_Card_299_web.png

Well here we are on the home straight of the regular season, with the finals race hotter than ever.

The Sin City Swamprats host the Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium, a clash between two dominant clubs between S25-S31 with a storied rivalry in recent years, only the winner will have any hope of making finals.

As if the occasion could not get any bigger they is an intriguing subplot on an individual level as well.

After returning early on in this season, Hall of Fame, former administrator and legendary goalkicker okeydoke7 has recaptured his best form on and off the field in S33 after a very extended absence. Notably, outscoring the ladder leading Gumbies all by himself in Round 9. He has recorded 34 goals to date this season leaving him on 895 career goals coming into this round.

After a few quiet games, Okey has run through the midfield the last couple of weeks. Most recently finding his form with 23 disposals, 8 tackles and notably 3 goals roving. I can safely say he is ready to return to the full forward post for Round 17 as he looks to put through goal 900 against his original club and help keep the Swamprats' slim finals hopes alive.

okey-png.1406712

On the flip side, Tarkyn_24 has had an unassuming season at CHF averaging less than 10 disposals per game and kicking 11 goals from 16 matches. The league's all-time leading goalkicker achieved a historic feat late last season booting through his 1000th career goal in Round 15 against the East Side Phoenix, completing a
three-season long, 64-goal pilgrimage documented meticulously by Hate each step of the way.

In the Season 30 interview with Hate, Tarkyn_24 declared himself "definitely the best." And described Okeydoke7 as one of his favourite opponents.

"I am definitely the best. I hold the record for Fred Medals, and before this season actually had a resoundingly good strike rate in performing during seasons where I spent the whole year at full forward. My best memories though stem from the rivalries and competitions that you do establish with others. Okeydoke and Mooch are probably my favourite career opponents in the sense that you share the experience of playing full forward and your performance really being on the whim of the simulator on any given day, and both are great fun to talk sh*t with."

Now the stage is set, the script writes itself. We have here a unique opportunity to write another chapter into Qootball's most storied player rivalry. I hereby issue as challenge to Tarkyn_24 and the Demons to play fullback in Round 17 and go head-to-head with Okeydoke7.

Will Tarks successfully prove that he is indeed, indisputably, unequivocally, DEFINITELY the best by preventing his closest goalkicking rival from getting a milestone? Or will Okey kick a bag of 5+ goals against his original club, archrival and Number 1 fan Headless to bring up the magical goal 900 to become only the second player to reach the mark?

View attachment 1407606
S6LJRQx.png

Tarks :)

This is a terrific idea. The only worry is whether Tarks can restrain his natural attacking inclinations to actually defend.

If mang and Tarks take up the challenge (noting iirc mang is the Dees champion full back) I hope whoever posts up the game does so in a manner befitting the import of the match up.

If Tarks has even a morsel of courage, he would play full back this week.

So I expect to see him lining up at CHF.
Why don't you play full back instead?

Five goals from full forward is surely a breeze for you. Give yourself a challenge.

Go on.

Do it.

Five goals from full forward is surely a breeze for you. Give yourself a challenge.

Go on.

Do it.
Typical Headless deflection.

This is why you won’t win the Beez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, dear. Sounds like our dear friend okey isn't confident enough to kick goals when not planted in the forward goal square.

A shame.
Typical Headless deflection.

This is why you won’t win the Beez.

Go on.

Do it.
Are you saying that a legend like Tarkyn_24 is not even capable of keeping Okey below 5 goals?

Surely if Tarks is so superior to Okey then Okey would struggle even to get a kick.

Hate unsure if you have any record of this, but will this be the first time in history where Tarkyn_24 and okeydoke7 Have gone head to head in a direct match up?

Could be history in the making here..m

okey-png.1406712

View attachment 1407606
As a great man once said, "Do it, do it, do it!!!"

TARKYN_24 ACCEPTS THE CHALLENGE
If Tarks has even a morsel of courage, he would play full back this week.

So I expect to see him lining up at CHF.
Oh are the Swampies playing you at full forward? News to me.

But sure whatever idgaf

I just hope Tarkyn_24 pays more attention to his opponent than that time he let Pie 4 Life run off him and kick a goal from FB.
God damn it I was catching up to come in to say “can day from experience it’s not hard to kick outscore a leading full-forward from full-back”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back