A champion team beat a team of champions.

Remove this Banner Ad

bigmaxi

All Australian
Nov 11, 2006
hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roosters
For all the froth and bubble on how the bloods do it and how tight they are together , their internal code of doing the right thing for each other , blah blah blah . They just got their pants pulled down by a better TEAM!! So trade ya heart out Sydney , chase down the big guns but it will be for nought for we are the MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS , WE LOVE OUR CLUB AND WE PLAY TO WIN .........TEAMWORK IS THE THING THAT TALKS ......ALL FOR ONE !

Oh and for the AFL who desperately want another flag for the Sydney Swans , we are really sorry , NOT !

Calling Sydney a team of champions is a bit over the top. They're just a lowly struggling team who needs all the assistance they can get .... well at least the AFL thinks this.
I know , just a bit of poetic license on a Sunday morning , but Jesus they so think they are and so does the press.

Oh and for the AFL who desperately want another flag for the Sydney Swans , we are really sorry , NOT !

You can just imagine the emergency breakfast meeting between Gillon McLachlan and Andrew Demetriou this morning.

GM: "I thought you said you fixed it so Sydney would win the next 5 flags"?
AD: "I don't understand it. I've done everything to bring Hawthorn down, but they keep stuffing up my master plan"
GM: "Well, what are we going to do now?"
AD: "I know ... we'll give them extra room in the salary cap and make up some fictitious name like ....... cost of living allowance"
GM: "We've already tried that"
AD: "Oh .... well how about an ambassador allowance ... we'll pretend the players and the team actually means something to the people of Sydney"
GM: "Done that too".
AD: "FFS Gillon, just make up something else and sell it to the public. Those clowns eat bullshit like popcorn. I've proven that, many times"
GM: "I need your help AD, I'm not as good as you at being a devious prick"
AD: "Haven't you done anything?"
GM: "I instructed the umpires not to hand out too many frees to Hawthorn, and the tribunal now have this insufficient force clause for whenever a Swans player gets done. I've also greased the palms of the media so they turn a blind eye to the whole fiasco"
AD: "Yes, you need this now Franklin is at Sydney. It was fun giving him a tough time at Hawthorn, but we can't do that now".
GM: "Players like Gunston and Lake are copping it now, but it's not enough, the Hawks are still winning"
AD: "The way we've structured things, Sydney will be able to pick up the player of their choice each year for the next 10 years, so that should strengthen them, and we've also made sure any other club in future will struggle to pick up any quality players in the draft"
GM: "Yes, yes, I know that .. but we need more. What can we do NOW to stop the Hawks".
AD: "Well, in 2012 we took away their Friday night preliminary final and gave it to Sydney instead, allowing them an extra 24 hours preparation .. but Sydney could be minor premiers this year, so we can't do that again ....."
GM: "I know what i'll do!!! Starting immediately, Sydney get 2 extra players on the interchange, double the rotations, and other clubs can only have 16 players on the field at all times".
AD: "Well done my son, you have learnt from the master well. Sydney's future is assured, and the game is in good hands".
GM: "Thanks master ... see you in prison".
AD: "Ah, why did you have to spoil it and bring up Essendon?".

It was a fantastic win, no doubt
But do we really need these type of threads, maybe if we're lucky enough to go back2back we can revisit the question?
Let's not forget it was a very close, tense game right till the end, and it's fair to say we will meet them again some time in September

Let's just enjoy the victory, but keep it in perspective

It was a fantastic win, no doubt
But do we really need these type of threads, maybe if we're lucky enough to go back2back we can revisit the question?
Let's not forget it was a very close, tense game right till the end, and it's fair to say we will meet them again some time in September

Let's just enjoy the victory, but keep it in perspective

Was showing my son how this all works and having some fun on a Sunday morning over breakfast , don't spoil it , the treads are like the game , not going to cure the planet just helping to colour our world a bit , well beating Sydney will stop global warming and bring peace to the Middle East but aside from that .............

Sydney are far form a team of champions. In fact, I am of the opinion that their best 22 has some serious holes in it and can be exploited, as we did last night.

Franklin - champion.
Goodes - very good player, not the great player he once was.
Reid - overrated.
Tippett - see Reid and add 9.8%
Kennedy - very good player, not a champion.
K Jack - see Kennedy
Parker - very good young player with upside.
Richards - a good but exploitable player.
Grundy - as per Richards
Hanneberry - see K Jack and Kennedy.
Smith - gun small defender.

Malceski and McVeigh are elite talent.

And most of the rest of them are good role players within a system that allows them to play their part. This team of champions nonsense is a myth perpetrated by the media and inflated by COLA which allowed them to recruit Tippett and Franklin.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back