The Law A dingo (or dingoes) took her baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Because. It. Works.

What doesn't work is people who do it badly, and defence counsel who do their job badly.

I think you'll find that these three words to which you attach full stops are lacking the basics required for them to constitute discrete sentences. Maybe you should have paid more attention in English lessons. Is it possible your concentration on scientific pursuits has left you unable to articulate what you mean? It's a bitch that even if you think scientifically, you still depend on language to explain that thought to others. Good try though.

So, what you are saying is that the scientific method works perfectly, until people become involved?

I'm saying it works perfectly until people do it badly. Ignoring known false positives for a test is not science. It is incompetence. This is why we need good science teaching in schools. So people can twig that something may be amiss if they hear "this test reveals if there is blood present" but not "and, after 20 years of use, nothing else that we know of will give us a positive result".

What does science tell us about the coroner's verdict that 'a dingo did it'? And what does science have to say about the coroner being 'emotional' when she delivered her verdict?

Was aghast to discover they would begin literally shouting at me - "dingos don't do that"
This argument has always staggered me. The most well-trained domesticated dog will attack a child without any provocation, wild dogs need even less. The argument was always made that dingos were some noble form of dog that never attacked humans. The idea was fanciful.

Since then there have been numerous dingo attacks (as noted by rdhopkins2 above), some of which have killed people. Each time it has happened a proposed dingo cull has been resisted by locals. People really can be stupid when it comes to dogs.

Wasn't Fraser Island in the news for dingo attacks a few years ago? Let me guess tourists feeding them and dingoes getting too used to humans and expect all human contact will deliver food? Then an outcry when one too dependent on human contact gets too lazy to hunt and instead has a nip at a human?

This argument has always staggered me. The most well-trained domesticated dog will attack a child without any provocation, wild dogs need even less. The argument was always made that dingos were some noble form of dog that never attacked humans. The idea was fanciful.

Since then there have been numerous dingo attacks (as noted by rdhopkins2 above), some of which have killed people. Each time it has happened a proposed dingo cull has been resisted by locals. People really can be stupid when it comes to dogs.

Re reading that post of mine reminded me how I had started praying every night for the truth to be revealed. Also reminded me of the vilification and abuse that was heaped on anyone who ventured the opinion that the decision was unsound. The sustained outpouring of hatred against Lindy Chamberlain or anyone trying to put a case for her was very disturbing in my experience.

The strangest things about the whole story was the supernatural way the matinee jacket that exonerated her was found. It was weird, like those prayers had been answered.

True. I have been knocked over when walking and bitten without provocation. Each time the reaction was "My little muffins wouldn't hurt a fly. You must have done something. Another time I closed my front gate on 2 pit bulls who stod in attack mode stiffened up and bared their teeth. Their owner's reaction "Don't worry their harmless."

Even adorable cute labs (who I love) I would be very wary leaving alone with a child. So many things can go wrong.

Dingoes are a wild pack animal FFS. I know what my money is on more likely to happen.

I read that and for the life of me I can't see any evidence of any attempted "snatch".

Her mother, Christine Dwyer, told ABC radio the dingo then tried to drag her daughter backwards but “only got six inches”.

“She tried to crawl away and was crying, and it just ran back in and grabbed her on the back and buttocks,” Ms Dwyer said.

Snatch | Define Snatch at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/snatch
Snatch definition, to make a sudden effort to seize something

or

Urban Dictionary: snatch
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snatch
The second most horrific sounding nickname for the human female's genitals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that and for the life of me I can't see any evidence of any attempted "snatch".

Her mother, Christine Dwyer, told ABC radio the dingo then tried to drag her daughter backwards but “only got six inches”.

“She tried to crawl away and was crying, and it just ran back in and grabbed her on the back and buttocks,” Ms Dwyer said.

Snatch | Define Snatch at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/snatch
Snatch definition, to make a sudden effort to seize something

or

Urban Dictionary: snatch
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snatch
The second most horrific sounding nickname for the human female's genitals

CIA fingerprints all over it.

True. I have been knocked over when walking and bitten without provocation. Each time the reaction was "My little muffins wouldn't hurt a fly. You must have done something. Another time I closed my front gate on 2 pit bulls who stod in attack mode stiffened up and bared their teeth. Their owner's reaction "Don't worry their harmless."

Even adorable cute labs (who I love) I would be very wary leaving alone with a child. So many things can go wrong.

Dingoes are a wild pack animal FFS. I know what my money is on more likely to happen.
Dog are good animals but a massive % of their owners are morons.

Dog are good animals but a massive % of their owners are morons.

People in my street have a couple of little yappy dogs that are constantly out barking and nipping at people.

The other day when I put the bins out two ran up and started yapping at me and the bloke came over and asked if one had nipped me. I said no and he told me how they are being protective because one has pups but they're not allowed off their driveway. Well clearly if they are in my front yard they are off your driveway * face, how about investing in a fence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back