List Mgmt. A Fair Stretch Or Not?

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is he averaging more goals?

Look, maybe we try to trade him, but he's been a 45+ goal forward for us for the last four years, we can sell him to a change of environment - Port's not a bad idea as suggested earlier

We should really be asking for a first rounder, maybe a late one, but a first nonetheless

This year "yes".

Himmelberg hasn't played in a losing, won 5 out of 5.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Look, maybe we try to trade him, but he's been a 45+ goal forward for us for the last four years, we can sell him to a change of environment - Port's not a bad idea as suggested earlier

We should really be asking for a first rounder, maybe a late one, but a first nonetheless

As strange as this sounds.. goals aren't the most important thing out of a forward

Burtonsgottago

Premiership Player
May 5, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Harsh critics around here. JJ has been down this year no doubt but up and running he’s a 50+ goal forward and backup ruckman. That’s a pretty handy player. He’ll hit form soon enough. EH has got him covered for effort but JJ is a better kick. He’s not completely useless. He pantsed Rance last year. Yes, he deserves to be dropped but short memories...

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
No room if grundy comes.

Why would we pay for Grundy now? We should have bought him 4 years ago, now we have ROB.

Anyway, JJ is good but he may be superfluous.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why would we pay for Grundy now? We should have bought him 4 years ago, now we have ROB.

Anyway, JJ is good but he may be superfluous.

They say sauce has dried up.

Himmilberg to play Mcgoverns role. Grundy could teach Rob plenty.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
They say sauce has dried up.

Himmilberg to play Mcgoverns role. Grundy could teach Rob plenty.

Or, Rob could just do the role he's already doing?

What's he going to teach him, if we just put him back in the 2's?

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
For me, it all comes back to the fact that you can't trade a contracted player if they don't want to go. Yes, you can tell them they won't get games if they stay, but they can't do anything if the player calls their bluff and tells the club, "Too bad, I'm sticking around anyway."

And whilst my comment is not about the thread......With everyone saying contracts are worthless then given Jenkins could do as WTF suggests it means that contracts are not worthless. So if a player wants to break his contract it can only be done with the clubs approval. Of course the question could be raised "does Jenkins want to sit around in the twos" or ör would we want to hold onto a player that wants to go". But contracts are not worthless.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Harsh critics around here. JJ has been down this year no doubt but up and running he’s a 50+ goal forward and backup ruckman. That’s a pretty handy player. He’ll hit form soon enough. EH has got him covered for effort but JJ is a better kick. He’s not completely useless. He pantsed Rance last year. Yes, he deserves to be dropped but short memories...

Jj was always terrible in the ruck. People needs to stop using this as a point in his favor

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
And whilst my comment is not about the thread......With everyone saying contracts are worthless then given Jenkins could do as WTF suggests it means that contracts are not worthless. So if a player wants to break his contract it can only be done with the clubs approval. Of course the question could be raised "does Jenkins want to sit around in the twos" or ör would we want to hold onto a player that wants to go". But contracts are not worthless.

How would he go in the 2's rucking most of the day and having someone jumping into him?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Or, Rob could just do the role he's already doing?

What's he going to teach him, if we just put him back in the 2's?
If we have Grundy, I'm not really concerned where ROB plays

To suggest we don't go for Grundy because we have ROB is like saying we don't go for Cripps because we have CEY

If we have Grundy, I'm not really concerned where ROB plays

To suggest we don't go for Grundy because we have ROB is like saying we don't go for Cripps because we have CEY

Pretty much, you trade ROB the moment you sign Grundy.

No, you trade Jacobs

Jacobs is retiring end of this season.

That said, there would be no point whatsoever in keeping ROB, nor would he want to stay in that situation. Trade, and try to get something back to try to offset the bounty of getting Grundy.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jacobs is retiring end of this season.

That said, there would be no point whatsoever in keeping ROB, nor would he want to stay in that situation. Trade, and try to get something back to try to offset the bounty of getting Grundy.
I hope you're right...oh both counts (nothing against ROB, but it would mean we have BG)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Otten will go before Jenkins does. Jenkins won't get traded before trade week (obviously). Otten will be delisted before that - probably the day after our final game of the year. Hartigan might be able to pinch hit in the ruck (but again is shorter than Jenkins), but can he play forward? The guy has kicked 1 goal in his career. He may struggle to get a gig in defence next year if we have Talia, Keath and Doedee all fit, and I can't see him being much cop as a regular in the forward line.

Harto has only played half a quarter in the forward line. Extrapolate his goal rate out and we’ve got one hell of a forward.

ThePrideOf

F*& the power
Aug 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Package up the high draft pick and Jenkins for Brody Grundy abc pay Brody 1.5 mil a year and part of Jenkins contract.

Done get it signed

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
What arguments do you have to discount his 60 goals last year?

reality.

Plus the fact that last year is last year.

This year Himmelberg has kicked more goals per game than JJ despite still finding his feet at the level.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

No chance whatsoever that we get a first.

Back