Portfolio Deleted Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the overall format and the way the lists are set out, but the pixelated club logos are holding the designs back: at the moment they're 'pretty good', with clearer logos they'll go to 'great'.

Also, putting the players club logo to the left of their name on the TOTY will help it look cleaner (it sounds strange, but adding some colour will make the names more visible: at the moment they all get lost amongst each other)

Keep up the good work though, you're definitely heading in the right direction :thumbsu:

You're saying it's spelt 'alasdair'? Are you ok it's 'alastair' my guy 'alasdair' isn't a name man but thx for the feedback

On TA-1024 using BigFooty.com mobile app
* you're right, I don't know what I was going on about. Sorry, swear it was spelt that way for some reason. Play on.

I think one of my mates spells his name like that.

the pixelated club logos are holding the designs back
Very much agree with this, probably not all that noticeable on something like those logos which will be very small on a phone screen, but if you are working with anything larger you will 100% be able to see the compression going on.

img_20190421_173348_503-jpeg.659980
You might want to work something into your system to show multiple clubs for a single coach (or player). Sure, Mick Malthouse was a premiership coach with Collingwood, but he also coached the Eagles to a couple of flags too which is important info to convey on a list like this.

This graphic seems out of place with the other pieces which feel like they are all very much inspired by the classic channel 10 broadcast package, perhaps using the same team branded strips from the other graphics would work better and inject that life that SparkleNarkle was talking about. When you think about it, people really just want to see which players from their club are in there and team colours are the most effective way of communicating that.

Very nice presentation overall.
Apart from some of the lists, which I would argue with, I'd only have one possible change.
Where the person listed is from a bygone era, the heritage logo from that era would be interesting.

EG For John Coleman, use the one with the two flags and football
1555958994536.png
Simon Madden would be the shield with plane.

PS Not that John Coleman is rated as the best Essendon player ever (Dick Reynolds), let alone the 2nd best ever.

Very nice presentation overall.
Apart from some of the lists, which I would argue with, I'd only have one possible change.
Where the person listed is from a bygone era, the heritage logo from that era would be interesting.

EG For John Coleman, use the one with the two flags and football
View attachment 660233
Simon Madden would be the shield with plane.

PS Not that John Coleman is rated as the best Essendon player ever (Dick Reynolds), let alone the 2nd best ever.
Oh yeah thanks very much good suggestion. Also I must say Dick Reynolds was incredible, but him being #1 in Essendons champion list is partly due to his coaching. Coleman was incredible. Was it 538gls in 98gms? imo he's number 1 but I respect Ur opinion

On TA-1024 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd put the Eagles top 5 as:

1. Chris Judd
2. Peter Matera
3. Dean Cox
4. Glen Jakovich
5. Ben Cousins

Matera is severely underrated:

2x Premiership Player
1x Norm Smith
5x All Aus
1x Club Champion

(Plus he was in the Italian team of the century, which counts for a lot)

Not sure if you're posting here as self-promotion or if you're after feedback.

But if you are after feedback, you need to use higher resolution base images - it all looks very pixelly. I mean overall it looks good but if you are trying to improve then yeah, probably needs higher res graphics and just an all-round cleaner look, backgrounds are a blurry mess and there's a lot of heavy bevel/emboss going on whereas modern design often goes for flat with minor shadowing/bevels.\

Decent font to work with, FWIW.

I'd put the Eagles top 5 as:

1. Chris Judd
2. Peter Matera
3. Dean Cox
4. Glen Jakovich
5. Ben Cousins

Matera is severely underrated:

2x Premiership Player
1x Norm Smith
5x All Aus
1x Club Champion

(Plus he was in the Italian team of the century, which counts for a lot)
Plus, I think 2 Brownlow Runner Ups

Remove this Banner Ad

Back