D. Motlop -> Essendon

----------

J. White -> Essendon

(Trade unsure)

----------

McVeigh -> Sydney

Saddington -> Essenedon

----------

Very unlikely these will occur, but just a few i heard yesterday.

Originally posted by Nandoz
Stevens -> Essendon

Jacobs (+ pick) ->Port

----------

S. Harvey -> Kangaroos

D. Motlop -> Essendon

----------

J. White -> Essendon

(Trade unsure)

----------

McVeigh -> Sydney

Saddington -> Essenedon

----------

Very unlikely these will occur, but just a few i heard yesterday.

ive heard saddington one aswell...

jacobs ones seems k...white for solly possibly

harvey would have to be with mcgrath and picks

Essendon would clean up.

Saddington for McVeigh would be theft.

Motlop for Harvey and I will burn down Arden St.

An ok HBF and a late first round pick for a 23yo star midfielder?

Re: Re: A few to consider... (Don fans)

Originally posted by Lloydy!
ive heard saddington one aswell...

jacobs ones seems k...white for solly possibly

harvey would have to be with mcgrath and picks

I agree harvey would have to be with a pick (high one). From watching McGrath play a few games i dont think well be wanting him and the kangaroos confirmed the other day that they wont be doing a deal involving shane harvey and motlop in the one trade.

Originally posted by Nandoz

----------

McVeigh -> Sydney

Saddington -> Essenedon

----------

More like:

McVeigh -> Sydney

Pick 31 -> Essendon

I know Essendon fans seem to think McVeigh is worth more than that, but I just can't see the Swans giving up much for another small/medium defender/tagger.
Why?
Kirk, Crouch, Mathews, Fixter.
At best McVeigh would be a bench player for the Swans. If his desperate to go home we'd have him, but it would be on our terms.

id think picks would be in that and maybe henneman, from all accounts i hear mcv and bolts are signing soon

What has Motlop done to be rated higher than Harvey ?

I don't want White - oldish and injury prone + too expensive.

I hope we keep McVeigh.

I don't want to pay more than 325k for Stevens. There are many midfielders better than him around the league.

Mcviegh just re-signed so he isnt going anywhere.

We dont need saddington anyway. He is a kpp player at sydney..anywhere else he is a 6"4 flanker.

I like motlop but we would need a lot more than shane harvey to get him.

Stevens..well most people know how i feel about that overated midfielder.

White's knees are nearly as bad as garry hockings so no thanx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Russian
Obviously you're a fan, why and what do you think he's worth in trading terms?
not much, will most likely get picked up late in the draft or play crap level footy somewhere.

they are both very crappy trades for us. Personally i would take Jacobs or Solomon over White anyday. He is 27 and coming off a shocking year, whereas the other 2 are 23 and coming off the best seasons. I would rather get M Allan for a happy meal rather than pay thru the nose for White.
If we were to trade both players, Jacobs + Solomon, i would have thought the club would want pick 5 + a youngster/fringe player.

Inside sources tip a relatively decent trade for Koula, apparently five or six clubs have shown interest. After his finals performances with Westies I doubt any team who's had an eye on him would be leaving him for the draft, and if they do, I think they'd be thinking it a risk.
I'm not predicting a bidding war, just a quiet certainty to stay in the AFL. Anyone who has seen him play a few games in '03 would be wondering why he didn't get called up by the Power, and he's definitely shown enough for AFL selection.

Originally posted by Groucho
What's Harvey done to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Motlop?

Well... he did kick 4 goals in one game... that shows he has ability.

So remind me what Motlop did????

Originally posted by Rogue Bomber
Well... he did kick 4 goals in one game... that shows he has ability.

So remind me what Motlop did????

26 Possesions (18Ks, 8HBs), 3 goals, 4 behinds, one hitout, 8 marks and 5 tackles.. Not to mention the fact he also managed to get 2 free kicks and give 1 away.. this was in one game (admittedly, it was round 22 against Carlton when the Roos beat em by 124 points, but great stats all the same)

Go Roos

Originally posted by tashibatts
26 Possesions (18Ks, 8HBs), 3 goals, 4 behinds, one hitout, 8 marks and 5 tackles.. Not to mention the fact he also managed to get 2 free kicks and give 1 away.. this was in one game (admittedly, it was round 22 against Carlton when the Roos beat em by 124 points, but great stats all the same)

Yep... they are good stats alright... have just dived for AFL 2003 book to see more...

Harvey is a year younger. Daniel hadn't done much by the end of last year. Young Harvey has been deliberately held back at Essendon because he clearly wants to be somewhere else. Let's face it, if he was half as good as Brent, wouldn't you be pi**ed if he was running around in another guernsey???

It's not potential either... it's attitude. He will be very very good for the Kangaroos. (And Daniel will end up over in SA at some stage anyway).

Originally posted by tashibatts

Go Roos
fair enough that he has done more than harvey at the moment but this is only one game and as you said it was against carlton. north are saying no deal will be done, to try and strengthen there trading position, but i think the trade will go ahead, with exchange of draft picks taking place (perhaps essendons 2nd round for norths 3rd round) to even it up. both talented players with potential, yet to prove themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back