A Footy Show Spin The Wheel Episode, 2001?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gw2_James

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So back in 2001, the afl show had decided to visit the North Dandenong Junior football club to host a spin the wheel episode. Aparently the people in attendance were totally wild on national tv and caused abit of controversy which lead to the football club being disgraced and frowned upon by the other clubs.

I was playing at the club at the time, and i had just found out recently that i was in attendance at the spin the wheel. I honestly have no recollection of this happening as i was about 6 or 7 years old at the time, i was hoping maybe someone might remember that particular episode of spin the wheel, or if its even possible to track down that episode somehow. Its a long shot, but i guess it might be worth a try.

I hope I've posted this in the correct section, i have no idea where i would post this, so i apologize if its in the incorrect section.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hahaha yep I was there that night. It was out of control. They didn’t even send Billy, we got Danny Southern instead.

Gw2_James

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hahaha yep I was there that night. It was out of control. They didn’t even send Billy, we got Danny Southern instead.
Oh wow, cant believe i am seeing this now. I found some footage of this, although its hardly anything.

skip to 3:09.

What do you remember from the night? I was young so i dont remember much, but i was definitely there haha. I thought it was in 2001, this happened in 2000! I miss my days playing for the north dandy sharks, i still walk around the grounds every now and then.

Gw2_James

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What actually happened?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sorry for the really late reply, completely forgot i had posted this haha. Firstly this was back in 2000, not 2001. I dont remember much as i was young, but my parents and friends told me many years ago, that things got out of hand, people got drunk, fights broke out, police were called, supposedly gangs showed up to cause trouble, just the town going absolute bananas really haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back