A Great Round of Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't be further away from what actually unfolded

And then the backtrack

Well I don’t think anybody predicted it like this. We all thought lions are contenders. Looks like they still can’t play at the MCG. They aren’t winning the flag.

I doubt you’ve ever been right about anything

Right about Dees depth. No May no Dees. Gawn is also a non factor, won without him. Thought he was meant to be their most important player lol. Jackson did well, can he keep it up? idk probably not on his own. Credit where credit is due though. But I don’t think he’s $1m 7 year deal player.

What are you most excited for?

Round 15

Thursday, June 23
Melbourne v Brisbane Lions 7:20PM MCG

Friday, June 24
West Coast Eagles v Essendon 6:40PM Optus Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn 7:00PM Marvel Stadium

Saturday, June 25
Carlton v Fremantle 1:45PM Marvel Stadium
Geelong Cats v Richmond 4:35PM MCG
Sydney Swans v St Kilda 7:25PM SCG

Sunday, June 26
North Melbourne v Adelaide Crows 1:10PM Blundstone Arena
Collingwood v GWS Giants 3:20PM MCG
Port Adelaide v Gold Coast Suns 4:10PM Adelaide

jJkTDg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That must be the one I was thinking of. I thought it happened once in the final round, but obviously not quite.

Last round 1987 was...the positions not decided until the last kick of the North/Blues game, and Geelong dumped out of the 5 with a 3-point loss to the Hawks at KP.

Last round 1987 was...the positions not decided until the last kick of the North/Blues game, and Geelong dumped out of the 5 with a 3-point loss to the Hawks at KP.
Plus Demons made finals for first time in 23 seasons in dying moments.
Could have 50,000 seasons and will never repeat a round like it again.
Was one freak afternoon of football.

Last round of 1981, all the teams in top half of ladder meet another team in top half of ladder.
Fitzroy inside the top five on 13 wins at that point with Richmond only outside on percentage and Hawks on 12 wins but playing the bottom placed Demons that only had one win to season at that point. So if Tigers and Lions both lose, Hawks could thrash Demons and had potential to leap frog both into the finals. Fitzroy had to play top of ladder Magpies in last round at Victoria Park so Tigers and Hawks finals chance still very much alive.

Essendon were third and Cats fourth and would meet to decide the all important double chance that only the top three sides had. Essendon were on 15 game winning streak in season at that point.
Second placed Carlton were playing 6th placed Richmond. If Carlton win and Pies lose, Carlton grab top spot and first week off in finals. If they lose, it possible they find themselves in Elimination Final the next week. If Fitzroy lose to Pies at Pies traditional home and Tigers win the Tigers take Lions spot in the finals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back