A Hostile Environment - #FEARTHEROAR

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be there. Just keeping a low profile but still perversely intrigued by the atmosphere.

Going to be unique, perhaps more supporters for one club in a stadium in VFL/AFL history.
Don't keep a low profile mate. Footy is all about supporting your team. Be proud.
Having said that, if you win I think you will get hurt :p

It's an opinion shared by almost everyone who grew up in a place where there is an alternative code of football. How can you simultaneously sing and follow the play properly? You can't. They are singing because there's nothing worth watching happening on the pitch.
I'd agree with that 10-15 years ago but with the way the game is played these days I totally disagree. When over half the players on the whole field swarm the contest these days there's plenty of continuous stoppages and lull moments.
That's a good point, something the league needs to consider. At least we haven't descended to flares and destroying seats.
Fair enough, it's just an opinion. I just thought when somebody made a post showing great Dortmund yellow and black crowd shots, and their atmosphere is epic that a response in..."Only difference is AFL is exciting and we don't need gimmicks to pump up a boring game" was pretty ignorant and unnecessary. The AFL is filled with tacky gimmicks, and soccer can be an excellent game to watch for a lot of people. Plus, I'm sure that there are flares and seats being broken in Aussie rules on that point.

But, it doesn't matter, this thread is about Richmond and this is about footy. I'm all for the loud 19th man style crowd. I hope it is the norm week in week out.

Last edited:

Choco Williams has been trying to hammer the point for the past few weeks.

We have a fearsome following to more than rival the 19th man in Adelaide but where they get louder as their team is under pressure we all shut up and start oohing an ahhing instead of cheering and yelling.

Choco said get off your asses and let the team know you are behind them even if you slip 3 or 4 goals behind. The team being encouraged is never beaten and you have to remember its up to us to help the umpires to see those holding the ball decisions and free kicks to us, if we stand around like stunned mullets we are no support to our team.

We need to review how we follow our club. Love how the Balmy Army and the English and international soccer fans have songs and short chants they like to use all of the time. Maybe a short piece from the eye of the tiger. I am sure we are not all crap singers.

For those of you going on the weekend be sure to be noisy even if we do stumble at some stage.

Choco Williams has been trying to hammer the point for the past few weeks.

We have a fearsome following to more than rival the 19th man in Adelaide but where they get louder as their team is under pressure we all shut up and start oohing an ahhing instead of cheering and yelling.

Choco said get off your asses and let the team know you are behind them even if you slip 3 or 4 goals behind. The team being encouraged is never beaten and you have to remember its up to us to help the umpires to see those holding the ball decisions and free kicks to us, if we stand around like stunned mullets we are no support to our team.

We need to review how we follow our club. Love how the Balmy Army and the English and international soccer fans have songs and short chants they like to use all of the time. Maybe a short piece from the eye of the tiger. I am sure we are not all crap singers.

For those of you going on the weekend be sure to be noisy even if we do stumble at some stage.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think the big difference (cause) is more cultural.

In WA & SA, they're used to being 90%+ of the crowd, so can make idiots of themselves knowing that everyone around them feels the same way.

In Vic, we're used to the 'away' crowd being big, and that quite likely there will be an opposition supporter nearby, so we're more likely to pull our heads in and give them their due if their team is up.

It's also why, for all the talk about bad crowds in Vic, we never come close to the behavior of the WA & SA mobs.

Will be like a funeral if we lose, could be quite bizarre if it's a blowout by the last quarter and 89,000 Tiger supporters leave the game early to avoid the rush.
I would like to think even if we are getting done in the last quarter, we will stay and cheer and acknowledge the team for giving us more joy than we could ever have imagined this year - just like we did at VFL Park on that sad wet day in 1995.

I would like to think even if we are getting done in the last quarter, we will stay and cheer and acknowledge the team for giving us more joy than we could ever have imagined this year - just like we did at VFL Park on that sad wet day in 1995.
no room for this kind of thinking

winners go home and * the prom queen

we are gonna lift her dress and give her a good seeing to

When we're behind at any stage perhaps the cheer squad needs to start up a chant like this one -

'We are down
But we're not out.
Come on Tigers
Time to shout!!!
Now SHOUT!!!

Tigers! Tigers!

Just an idea...

Tiger Tiger burning bright
under the mcg floodlights
time to Scream with all your might
give theses giants a sense of fright

yell and booh and yellow and black
tiger train is on the right track
run through the banner the noise is immense
hairs on the back of the neck,feeling so tense
run to the punt road end the tiger army errupts
90,000 tigers sucking all the atmosphere up

Nation anthem is over and again the mighty roar
Bounce the ******* ball cant take this anymore
Nank to cotch to dusty sinks a sixty meter bomb
Over the goal umpires head lifts the tigers throng
Reverberation around the stands a noise like no other heard
Back to middle rinse repeat dusty with his 2nd and 3rd
And at the end we'll stand as one united in victory
Never again will there be a night like we had at the M C G

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As loud as we will be on Saturday, We don't hold a candle to how loud and hostile an English Premier League game is, I have been to many live EPL games and it makes the atmosphere at the Geelong Richmond game same like the GWS and Eagles game..

As loud as we will be on Saturday, We don't hold a candle to how loud and hostile an English Premier League game is, I have been to many live EPL games and it makes the atmosphere at the Geelong Richmond game same like the GWS and Eagles game..
That's nice dear.

I'm in. Can't wait to be a part of the loudest club on the planet :cool:

Not there yet

Sen reporting the KC Chiefs hold the record at just shy of 142 decibels.

To beat that we have to be louder than Nostradumbass wrx when hes cruizing lygon street playing his fav 90's techno

Probably in an indoor stadium. They probably added some noise on the pa :cool:

Yeah nah

images

Not there yet

Sen reporting the KC Chiefs hold the record at just shy of 142 decibels.

To beat that we have to be louder than Nostradumbass wrx when hes cruizing lygon street playing his fav 90's techno

142 decibels is damn loud.

AC/DC

In the early 1980s these Aussie maniacs were hell bent on becoming the world’s loudest band, fueled in large part by Angus Young’s Gibson SG-powered wall of amps. During the Back in Black tour, the group turned in a series of concerts at a whopping 130 dB. Complaints from promoters, however, moved the group to drop things down a few notches to the mere bone-crunching volume they play at today.

I remember going to ACDC's Back in Black concert at the Myer music bowl and it was damn loud at 130db.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back