Rumour A Lace Out Chat with Ricky Nixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not the 1st time Tricky Dicky has been spruiked on BF for a chat-with, or a poddy. Strange considering not many are interested, and there are so many folk of integrity out there who know more about footy.

Low hanging fruit?
Or fallen rotten fruit?

"To say Ricky Nixon is one of the most polarising people in the modern history of the AFL would be an understatement. Ricky Nixon revolutionised the role of the player agent and represented the best of the best including Wayne Carey, Gary Ablett, Ben Cousins, Tony Lockett, and Matthew Richardson. Yet for all the highs in his 30 plus year career as a player and agent, there were the lows; lows of which he still get reminded of daily from an unforgiving public.

Ricky Nixon joins Lace Out host Chris Pepper for an chat about his thoughts on the current state of the game, the phone call that started his player agent career, the original 'Men For All Seasons' calendar and how it almost lost him a BMW, the toughest deal he participated in, who stuck by him and he calls friends, his stand-up comedy career, his charity work, and much more. And wait until you hear from the member of the public who crashed our chat to tell us his thoughts on Ricky."

Listen to the full interview: https://anchor.fm/lace-out/episodes/Episode-37-A-Chat-With-Ricky-Nixon-e3po9l

Hardly an interview. A back slapping session would be a more accurate description but some interesting points nonetheless.

Only trouble is you have to be able to believe anything Ricky says. Doesn't work for me on that basis alone.

Why don't you have a listen and then make your mind up.

Clearly very bitter, which whilst it might be understandable, it hasn’t done him any good.

And way too much “back in my day” to him. I don’t know whether he realises it or not, but a large part of the reason he doesn’t recognise the competition we have today he because of the “entrepreneurial spirit” that he and others brought to it.

I listened to the whole thing. It seems like Ricky got one of his mates to pretend he was a fan and interrupt the interview to blow smoke up Ricky’s ass. One of the funniest pods I’ve heard

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back