A Lachie Neale Brownlow would be a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won by about 90 points...... pretty sure there was nothing sacrificial about it.
Are you serious you obviously watch him play a lot :rolleyes:

He dislocated his shoulder in the preliminary versus Geelong, went back on when we were struggling and laid some crucial tackles but missed the GF owing to the injury.

We fear him so much that our plan is to let him run around on his own. Last 3 games 114 disposals combined losing margin of 115 points. How's that for logical. He's a soft free loading seagull with zero impact. But sure you keep living in magical land in a world of make believe. At least the leprechauns believe you.
Or maybe you just back in the great team you have to win the ball? That’s the way I see it. Neale got enough of it last night and did the most he could against a damn good side. Why can’t people just leave it at that? Stupid thread. Absolute nonsense.

The whole premise of the Brownlow is a joke. Until players from non midfield positions are rewarded it’ll remain an award for possessions. It’s like everything in footy now; all this SuperCoach crap that rewards players who accumulate touches.

Franklin in 2008 kicked 100+, and Cooney won the medal. Scarlett, Enright, Rance etc etc have they never had a better year than Cooney or Woewodin?

It’s a joke.

He dislocated his shoulder in the preliminary versus Geelong, went back on when we were struggling and laid some crucial tackles but missed the GF owing to the injury.
But...... Richmond, and but...... Jack Graham

I don't sit comfortably with him suddenly being touted as the best player in the league just yet.

Fyfe, Danger, Martin etc etc don't give it that quickly.

I'd put Fyfe above him and Neale still but both way ahead of Danger
Hahah fyfe , the bloke who can't kick properly . Na dusty is way better and just a lot more damaging . Neale as I said is good but dusty is simply better with his disposal when it counts

Dusty does the maximum damage and stands up when it counts . He is the best atm.

Out of curiously, how can you comfortably lead the lead in score involvements and third in metres gained (only one other mid in top 10) and considered to have no impact?

This is an incredibly bad opinion piece. Neale has comfortably been the best player in the comp this year.
Anyone who genuinely thinks along these lines has no idea about footy.

He is

1st in the league for score involvements
3rd in clearances
3rd in meters gained
8th for inside 50's

All on top of averaging a goal a game as well this season

Claiming he is not damaging just shows you have a low footy IQ
you know that there is still a whole round to go. they update the stats after every game so you cant use those rankings until everyone has played. he would still be up there though

I don't sit comfortably with him suddenly being touted as the best player in the league just yet.

Fyfe, Danger, Martin etc etc don't give it that quickly.
Fyfe and Danger can't kick.

Martin isn't doing enough this season to even get close to Neale but would be the best easily if he got back to 2017 form.

Currently he isn't so shouldn't even be in the discussion.

Well, he's actually not. Not even close.

Could be if he pulls his finger out.
Hahaha yeah ofc , keep being salty mate. He's the most damaging player in the comp and also the best , was a beast yesterday
Guess he is that good that a close to.bog performance is still not pulling his finger out so that's fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now how did I know this would be a Richmond supporter thread.

Should we just give it to Dustin now AND get his statue up in the middle of the MCG? Yes, thats right, in the middle of the field, arm outstretched so he can give the dont argue for the rest of time as players run into his bronze, outstretched arm.

Hahaha yeah ofc , keep being salty mate. He's the most damaging player in the comp and also the best , was a beast yesterday
Guess he is that good that a close to.bog performance is still not pulling his finger out so that's fair enough
AFL coaches would say otherwise.

I'd trust their judgment more than a random Richmond fan on Bigfooty.

Dustin easily can be the best, but currently he is not.

I agree but score involvements is a misleading stat. IT depends significantly on the quality of the team you play for.

For example, Brisbane players are first, second and third for score involvements this season. Do we believe Brisbane have the 3 most damaging players in the comp? They have 2 more players in the top 20, including Jarrod Berry. That's 5 players before my club has a single representative. That's because Brisbane score often (albeit behinds).

If you play in a low scoring team, or have an inefficient forward line, or play a defensive brand of football, or incompetent team mates, your score involvements will be low through no fault of your own.

You can have the exact same possession in the same way but one team will have the capability to score from it and one team won't.

I would say given the forward line (and team) Nat Fyfe and Tom Mitchell had in their Brownlow years compared to the all out attack of the Brisbane side this year, you can't hold that against Mitchell and Fyfe. I mean, does anyone believe Nat Fyfe is not a damaging player?

Brisbane has 3 players inside the top 10 for Score Involvements Per Game, yes. Neale leads those.

Brisbane aren't even in the top 5 in the league in points per game as a team this year, which kind of indicates that their scoring drives are very much dictated by those 3 players.

The Lions don't exactly have a star-studded, dominant forward line. They've got one player inside the top 50 for goals per game (Charlie Cameron), and three others averaging 1.1-0.9 goals per game. Their most prolific contested marking forward (Daniel McStay) is averaging 0.75 goals per game. Neale himself is their 3rd leading goalkicker, at 1 per game.

Neale is the Lions' main driver in attack, and one of the best in the league this year.

AFL coaches would say otherwise.

I'd trust their judgment more than a random Richmond fan on Bigfooty.

Dustin easily can be the best, but currently he is not.

Not sure he can will be 30 next season. Still capable of a purple patch like now but a consistent season like 2017 - 2019? Time is catching up with Dusty and the Tiges

Brisbane has 3 players inside the top 10 for Score Involvements Per Game, yes. Neale leads those.

Brisbane aren't even in the top 5 in the league in points per game as a team this year, which kind of indicates that their scoring drives are very much dictated by those 3 players.

The Lions don't exactly have a star-studded, dominant forward line. They've got one player inside the top 50 for goals per game (Charlie Cameron), and three others averaging 1.1-0.9 goals per game. Their most prolific contested marking forward (Daniel McStay) is averaging 0.75 goals per game. Neale himself is their 3rd leading goalkicker, at 1 per game.

Neale is the Lions' main driver in attack, and one of the best in the league this year.

Score involvements count behinds. Therefore, Brisbane's total score per game is irrelevant. They lost by 41 last night and only kicked 3 goals but the score involvement stats would be similar as they had the same number of 'scores' as Richmond. Same goes for the goals per game stats you offered. Brisbane play a much more attacking brand of footy and score more regularly than most other clubs. Their total score isn't as high as some as their goalkicking accuracy is the worst in the league.

As you yourself mentioned, they have 3 players for score involvements in the top 10 in the league - that's a lot! It isn't because those 3 'do all the work' either. They have 5 players in the top 25 - in an 18 team comp, 2 would be above average - 5 is unprecedented. As a point of comparison, my own club doesn't have anyone in the top 25.

I'm not knocking Neale whatsoever. He's an absolute gun and the best player in the comp this year. He is also damaging. Just you made the comparison to Nat Fyfe and Tom Mitchell in their Brownlow years on the 'score involvement' stat and I just pointed out that score involvements is largely dependent on the quality and attacking intent of the team you play for.

How do you know Melbourne players wouldn't do the same thing? Why does playing s**t automatically get equated to not trying or having any heart? There are SOME examples but they are very few and far between, of players going out there and not putting in effort but for the most part you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that is out there not giving their all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back