A-league 2019/20 Off Season Thread - News, Rumors, Signings etc..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how much Bes has left in the tank. Predicting he will be playing for Dandy Thunder within 2 years.
Players with his belief will always think they have more to give, and he will always find a way to score a goal.

But I'd say the same thing.

Any chance WUFC sign Archie :)

The way they're going with all these old farts won't surprise me.
In all seriousness I think this is a good signing for WU it would give them a good platform to start with to attract attention and fans especially if Berisha can bang them in. They are struggling for members and fans not even 2k members yet which is a worry my local footy club has more members! hopefully Bes can be Bes and give the club the focus it needs in a good way!

The best thing for Western United would be Berisha to score against Victory and absolutely give it to the Victory fans. I doubt he would but it would certainly get some sort of rivalry going.

Whats the point in starting to advertise everything when the 2 biggest sports are going to get all the air time. From what I have heard every one within the sport is happy to hold fire until after the gfs (with some starting on monday next week). And as was said on bill and boz last night the people who follow the football, and some casual observers who like to keep an eye on it (myself included), who have an idea when it is starting. I do hope they go all out in order to get as many people as possible to know what is happening (which I gather is what is occuring) but I do understand fully that it is better to wait

"Wait 'til the grand finals are over" is spin for not wanting (or being able) to spend money. It starts 5 days after the NRL finishes.

"Wait 'til the grand finals are over" is spin for not wanting (or being able) to spend money. It starts 5 days after the NRL finishes.

I think you will see everything pick up from this week. It is probably not the best time for the start of the season, and the nrl running a week longer would not help. From all reports the clubs are now willing to spend a lot more money now the league is independent. The only way we will know how it works is towards the middle of the season. I am quite happy to let them do it in a proper and informative manner.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

NRL always ends on the Sunday before the first Monday of October.

It is usually on the same weekend as the afl grand final. I am not using it as an excuse but I do understand why they would want to wait, and from what i have heard and seen there is a pick up on the promo of the league. All we can do is to see how things go during the coming weeks.

Oh boy just gets worse...

A-League pulls plug on national ad campaign
A nationwide A-League radio ad campaign for the launch of the new season has been scrapped after clubs couldn't agree on a strategy.
Kevin Airs Oct 1 2019 2:38PM
Football Federation Australia has previously booked slots on Australian Radio Network stations nationwide as part of the marketing blitz that heralds the start of the new season each year.
However this year the plug was pulled at the eleventh hour after a split between clubs and the FFA over the ARN strategy.
In previous years, the FFA alone has made the call on the campaign on behalf of the A-League.
But it's understood that this season, in the wake of the club owners taking control of the A-League, the campaign also needed to be signed off by each of the clubs too.
The media agency used by the FFA apologised for the late decision which was partly caused by the delays created by having to involve every club.
The new system made the approval process "much more difficult" by having to factor in 10 more viewpoints as well as the FFA's overview, they said.
And they also revealed the clubs couldn't agree on the direction of the campaign, saying some considered a proposed series of ads featuring Craig Foster as being aimed at the wrong demographic.
Clubs wanted to target young families and Foster's involvement was perceived by some as being too sport-specific and male-orientated.
Now several clubs have decided to stick with working with local stations instead, while the FFA has pulled the plug on the national radio campaign.
The radio ad campaign budget was also reduced after a change of heart by the FFA and club bosses to also include an ad campaign on free to air television too for this season.
The axe falls on the campaign as new print ads from Foxtel for their summer of sport ignore the A-League and football entirely, with a focus on motorsport, cricket, rugby, NFL and basketball.

The FFA have been contacted for a response. The A-League season launches a week on Friday.

Oh boy just gets worse...

A-League pulls plug on national ad campaign
A nationwide A-League radio ad campaign for the launch of the new season has been scrapped after clubs couldn't agree on a strategy.
Kevin Airs Oct 1 2019 2:38PM
Football Federation Australia has previously booked slots on Australian Radio Network stations nationwide as part of the marketing blitz that heralds the start of the new season each year.
However this year the plug was pulled at the eleventh hour after a split between clubs and the FFA over the ARN strategy.
In previous years, the FFA alone has made the call on the campaign on behalf of the A-League.
But it's understood that this season, in the wake of the club owners taking control of the A-League, the campaign also needed to be signed off by each of the clubs too.
The media agency used by the FFA apologised for the late decision which was partly caused by the delays created by having to involve every club.
The new system made the approval process "much more difficult" by having to factor in 10 more viewpoints as well as the FFA's overview, they said.
And they also revealed the clubs couldn't agree on the direction of the campaign, saying some considered a proposed series of ads featuring Craig Foster as being aimed at the wrong demographic.
Clubs wanted to target young families and Foster's involvement was perceived by some as being too sport-specific and male-orientated.
Now several clubs have decided to stick with working with local stations instead, while the FFA has pulled the plug on the national radio campaign.
The radio ad campaign budget was also reduced after a change of heart by the FFA and club bosses to also include an ad campaign on free to air television too for this season.
The axe falls on the campaign as new print ads from Foxtel for their summer of sport ignore the A-League and football entirely, with a focus on motorsport, cricket, rugby, NFL and basketball.

The FFA have been contacted for a response. The A-League season launches a week on Friday.

Ffs. This is beyond ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFA really trying to hold on to any last bit of power. Guaranteed what they sent out was rubbish and left no time for clubs to alter or comment.

This actually tells you everything you need to know about the FFA and how out of touch they are.

Media Person for Ads: Craig Foster (love the guy but not going to get non-football people interested)
Media: Radio (who listens to radio?)

Would have been better off paying for Youtube ads featuring Nelly Yoa kicking a ball in the can.

This actually tells you everything you need to know about the FFA and how out of touch they are.

Media Person for Ads: Craig Foster (love the guy but not going to get non-football people interested)
Media: Radio (who listens to radio?)

Would have been better off paying for Youtube ads featuring Nelly Yoa kicking a ball in the can.
There isn't a sporting entity in the world run worse than the A-League. Olympic boxing is less incompetent

No. He's one of the biggest flogs in Australian football. Will leave as soon as something 'better' pops up

& by 'better' I mean a bench spot in some backwater euro league.

Paper is reporting our players have been told he's signed.

He would want to perform, he has almost an entire fan base to win over.

Whole different sort of pressure coming back to Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back