A-League 2020/21 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
People realise that Optus Sports haven't produced a ******* thing except intro and outro panel shows, right?

The notion that Optus would be "better" when you can't have any idea what their production would be like is ridiculous.

Their HD streaming content of the J League/Champions League and Premier league is sure as s**t miles better than the piss poor and tinpot efforts of Fox Dorks/Kayo and their HD coverage of the A League and Asian Champions League.

All that should matter is the quality of the games being broadcast/streamed, I very rarely watch intro and panel shows, especially on Fox, Simon Hill is a self-righteous 🎛, Robbie Slater and Andy Harper have the most annoying voices ever, and Bozza is only good value when he is having a massive meltdown (over VAR or refereeing issues etc)

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Their HD streaming content of the J League/Champions League and Premier league is sure as sh*t miles better than the piss poor and tinpot efforts of Fox Dorks/Kayo and their HD coverage of the A League and Asian Champions League.

All that should matter is the quality of the games being broadcast/streamed, I very rarely watch intro and panel shows, especially on Fox, Simon Hill is a self-righteous 🎛, Robbie Slater and Andy Harper have the most annoying voices ever, and Bozza is only good value when he is having a massive meltdown (over VAR or refereeing issues etc)

Thats fine when taking the feed off an overseas broadcaster, if Optus want the A-League rights they’ll need to pay for and supply the broadcast. Do they have the money and the invested interest? personally I think it would be a step backward for the league, it will isolate a lot of fans and cater for a group (eurosnobs) that don’t care for the local product.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Thats fine when taking the feed off an overseas broadcaster, if Optus want the A-League rights they’ll need to pay for and supply the broadcast. Do they have the money and the invested interest? personally I think it would be a step backward for the league, it will isolate a lot of fans and cater for a group (eurosnobs) that don’t care for the local product.

At this stage, it's important to get as much funding into the FFA to help some (struggling) club's out and hopefully invest more into the Academy and Grassroots side of the game..

If Optus can provide more money (and the FFA spend/use it wisely as I suggest) for the TV rights, it's a no-brainer for me..

By improving the quality of the Grassroots and facilities for The Next Generation of young players, we will improve the quality of the A League and Socceroos as a whole. That is how I strongly feel !

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Being a Jets fan is always interesting..... :p

I really wish we had someone stable as an owner for once.....
The last 2 have started pretty well before struggling financially. Need a good consortium, with an established group of businesses to their name.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean, some promotion would be handy too...
Same problem every year. They dont promote anything outside of the aleague bubble but people in that know the info already, nothing is catered to people on the fence. Wont win new fans this way...

Pricing needs to be adjustable too. No use charging $30 when the stadium wont even be half full. Have to find the price point that fills stadiums on each timeslot. $30 v MV on a friday is fine, $30 v CCM on a sunday in the heat is not. Aleague fails this every single season

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Same problem every year. They dont promote anything outside of the aleague bubble but people in that know the info already, nothing is catered to people on the fence. Wont win new fans this way...

Pricing needs to be adjustable too. No use charging $30 when the stadium wont even be half full. Have to find the price point that fills stadiums on each timeslot. $30 v MV on a friday is fine, $30 v CCM on a sunday in the heat is not. Aleague fails this every single season
I'd like to think when the clubs properly control all factors they'll figure it out but... They technically do have control 🙈

HulkSmash

Just a bit outside...
Jan 7, 2020
Rent-free in your head
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
The last 2 have started pretty well before struggling financially. Need a good consortium, with an established group of businesses to their name.

Tinkler just got lucky repeatedly. Read Boganaire and you'll see what I mean.
Lee got hit by the China-US trade war badly.

We need a consortium willing to stick it out for the long haul. You'll get a captive market and a lot of passionate, loyal supporters.

Apparently the independence won’t happen til the 15th December

The A-League's own Independence Day :p

yIaTWm4.gif

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Adelaide United can advise midfielder, James Troisi, has terminated his contract with the Club.

Director of Football, Bruce Djite, said: “It’s very disappointing to have James come to us and request a termination of his contract so close to the commencement of the season.

“It is vitally important that we have players at Adelaide United who want to be a part of the Club.”

Troisi made 13 appearances for the Reds and scored one goal.

Everyone at Adelaide United thanks James for his time at the Club.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The "fox sports" season launch hasn't landed too well among fans, and apparently the ffa and the clubs (especially those who weren't invited).

Apparently Troisi is going to land in Parramatta.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not surprising! rumours are his off to the Wanderers!

Absolute snake of a bloke. Changes clubs every year, surely at some point you find somewhere you want to stay and who wants to keep you yet he hasn't in a decade long career. Says it all IMO...

Dumb of us to let him walk for free and too late to find replacements. McGree and Troisi out, who came in? Neither replaced adequately

Hope we still have that Chinese import /s

Absolute snake of a bloke. Changes clubs every year, surely at some point you find somewhere you want to stay and who wants to keep you yet he hasn't in a decade long career. Says it all IMO...

Dumb of us to let him walk for free and too late to find replacements. McGree and Troisi out, who came in? Neither replaced adequately

Hope we still have that Chinese import /s
We Victorys called it when he left melbourne. Couldnt believe the support he got in adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back