Scandal A league endorsed rort

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood has 3 Friday night games...only one a 'home' game, our traditional 'home' game against the Dogs at Etihad!

We play eight night games, Melbourne are scheduled for six night games.

Since when was a night game a better slot than a day game? What is wrong with afternoon footy at the G?

And LOL at Melbourne fans wanting to be Rewarded for finishing 9th......yeah, great achievement that.

When its constantly Sunday it's rubbish.

And of those six, literally 1 in Melbourne. This is a fixture that stuffs the fans

Of the teams that played finals in 2017 Geelong, Richmond, Adelaide, West Coast, Port Adelaide and Essendon ALL got 3 double ups against non finals sides.

Aren't the Adelaide double ups Carlton, Port, Melbourne, GWS and Richmond? Only 2 non finals sides (and 1 was out on % only).
Correct.

Adelaide get Richmond GWS and Port Adelaide.

Port Adelaide double up against Adelaide Essendon West Coast.
West Coast get Port Adelaide, GWS and Sydney.
GWS get Sydney West Coast Adelaide
Sydney get West Coast GWS Geelong

Richmond must be upset that they got 3 finalist double ups given Essendon and Geelong get looked after with just 2.

Non finalist gets s**t time slots. Shocker.

If you want prime time finish top 4, or at least consistent finalists. As it stands, Melbourne are just as likely to be putrid next season as Collingwood Carlton or Bulldogs.

Saints finished 9tb 2016 and I’m glad they didn’t get good time slots in 2017...

Correct.

Adelaide get Richmond GWS and Port Adelaide.

Port Adelaide double up against Adelaide Essendon West Coast.
West Coast get Port Adelaide, GWS and Sydney.
GWS get Sydney West Coast Adelaide
Sydney get West Coast GWS Geelong

Richmond must be upset that they got 3 finalist double ups given Essendon and Geelong get looked after with just 2.
lol. We both got the same amount from band 2, which is teams 7-12. Ours finished 9th (and should rise) in the Dees and Essendon got the Hawks whom they often get twice as traditional rivals. Hardly looked after.

Carlton finished third from the bottom in the season that's just finished. I've no wish to kick a club when it's down, and indications are that this may be another tough season for the Blues, but how on Earth do they deserve four Friday night fixtures? Collingwood and the Bulldogs have similarly been awarded extra Friday games, my club finished ninth, missing out on finals by less than one goal, and we have a single Friday night game for the year. The scenario makes absolutely no sense to this rational observer.
Make finals and then maybe you can have some Friday night games

Hawks with a dream fixture.
Avoid WC in WA, Adelaide in SA.
3 interstate away games.
1 team from the 8 goes to Tassie.

Surprised the North/Hawks game isn't scheduled down there.

I think that it was part of the deal that it wouldn't be north/ Hawks if we only played them the once.

A league endorsed rort. No one has had a look at the Tassie games this year.

Let's go through the list of the most unpopular teams down here for next season.

GCS (Playing in Launny)
GWS (Hobart again. 3rd or 4th time)

Ripping start

Brisbane (Launny again 9TH TIME SINCE 2008!!!!!!!)
Freo.....NO!!!!!!!!! Wow. I am shocked
Port (Launny)
WCE(Hobart. 3rd time as well)
Crows No, but they made the grand final so.....

The ONLY Victorian teams down here are the Saints(who seem to travel here every year) and Carlton(who are terrible but they are at least new). so of the 7 games we could have got, we got 5 out of the worst 6 teams. And we have NEVER had Collingwood or Essendon play down here (H&A) in 20 years.

How much do we pay for the privilege of watching the Lions every year? Its time we stop that and give the AFL the finger until they respect us. It's a damn joke.

Carlton went to Launceston in 2016. Saints get a bit because I think of how they were previously in Launceston. I think crows went down there when we started in tassie and not since (highly likely to be wrong)

Carlton has had an awful two years of fixtures. Anybody that thinks the AFL is still looking after us is kidding themselves.

The amount of shitty Sunday games we got recently was a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. We both got the same amount from band 2, which is teams 7-12. Ours finished 9th (and should rise) in the Dees and Essendon got the Hawks whom they often get twice as traditional rivals. Hardly looked after.

Played them once/ year from 2011 to 2017 with exception of 2016 (jab jab game).

A league endorsed rort. No one has had a look at the Tassie games this year.

Let's go through the list of the most unpopular teams down here for next season.

GCS (Playing in Launny)
GWS (Hobart again. 3rd or 4th time)

Ripping start

Brisbane (Launny again 9TH TIME SINCE 2008!!!!!!!)
Freo.....NO!!!!!!!!! Wow. I am shocked
Port (Launny)
WCE(Hobart. 3rd time as well)
Crows No, but they made the grand final so.....

The ONLY Victorian teams down here are the Saints(who seem to travel here every year) and Carlton(who are terrible but they are at least new). so of the 7 games we could have got, we got 5 out of the worst 6 teams. And we have NEVER had Collingwood or Essendon play down here (H&A) in 20 years.

How much do we pay for the privilege of watching the Lions every year? Its time we stop that and give the AFL the finger until they respect us. It's a damn joke.
We arent exactly over the moon about missing out on playing games in Melbourne either mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carlton has had an awful two years of fixtures. Anybody that thinks the AFL is still looking after us is kidding themselves.

The amount of shitty Sunday games we got recently was a joke.
When you include the gift of multiple friday nights im sure you will be right.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well who doesn't love watching Carlton getting flogged on a Friday night game always a great way to start the week granted not that they deserve them neither do Melbourne
This isn’t 2015 with the dickhead known as Mick Malthouse.

We were very competitive last year and our Friday night fixtures should be rather competitive. Clearly the AFL expects us to remain this way and perhaps improve.

The only real headscratcher is the Sydney one. Could easily be a repeat of R23 this year where we got spanked.

Carlton finished third from the bottom in the season that's just finished. I've no wish to kick a club when it's down, and indications are that this may be another tough season for the Blues, but how on Earth do they deserve four Friday night fixtures? Collingwood and the Bulldogs have similarly been awarded extra Friday games, my club finished ninth, missing out on finals by less than one goal, and we have a single Friday night game for the year. The scenario makes absolutely no sense to this rational observer.
Yep its joke.

But the AFL are not shy in showing their favour for teams.

How are some clubs supposed to grow when they get minimal free to air games and are stuck playing sunday afternoon all year?

Yep its joke.

But the AFL are not shy in showing their favour for teams.

How are some clubs supposed to grow when they get minimal free to air games and are stuck playing sunday afternoon all year?
Win footy games.

The AFL is always going to give consideration to teams that attract a lot of attention. There’s not a sporting league in the world who doesn’t do that.

3 of them are away games, who cares?

Eagles rorted again. New stadium and mostly sunday afternoon fixtures and they give us a shitty Thursday night game. We have the best lighting stadium in the Southern Hemisphere and the AFL doesn't make use of it
I love Thursday night games
But I otherwise agree with you
No surprise though- it's not as if we got a good draw in 2016 (when we earned it after 2015)

lololol. why cant the afl have a fixture where u play each side once + your biggest rival again (crows v power) and 4 different teams over 4 years.
for example:
year 1 double ups for the crows: power, eagles, swans, roos, dees
year 2: power, pies, bombers, cats, suns
year 3: power, hawks, lions, giants, saints
year 4: power, dogs, blues, dockers, tigers
year 5: reset of 4 different teams
the double ups should be drawn (champions league style) each year. not so hard is it.

Eagles rorted again. New stadium and mostly sunday afternoon fixtures and they give us a shitty Thursday night game. We have the best lighting stadium in the Southern Hemisphere and the AFL doesn't make use of it

The AFL are not responsible for that stuff up with the bridge, when will it be fit for walking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back