A-League Finals Series-GRAND FINAL SUNDAY 5pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Should mention that I felt like throwing up after we went 1-2 down in penalties.

Vukovic's save was incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nup.

i knew it was FC's night when Troisi's shot rattled the inside of the post and then across goal without crossing the line in 2H of ET. That was the moment for Melbourne and it didn't happen for them. I was still swinging my dick after Wilkinson missed. The crowd, the confidence, the buzz....It just felt like it was going to happen.

The key moment for me was Valeri finally picking up his yellow. It gave the Sydney midfield and Ninkovic in particular a bit of breathing room. Carney's trickery and Simon winning just about every contest, or receiving the free built upon that.

As I've said on SFCU.....congrats to Melbourne for stretching the premiers all the way. It was 'anti-football,' but that's how they were going to win it. They are our 'true' rival. Both clubs have western suburbs and city as local distractions, but the sky blues vs the big V is Derby d'Oz. I go to Melbourne every season to watch an interstate away game, and that game is always against Melbourne.

As I've said on SFCU.....congrats to Melbourne for stretching the premiers all the way. It was 'anti-football,' but that's how they were going to win it. They are our 'true' rival. Both clubs have western suburbs and city as local distractions, but the sky blues vs the big V is Derby d'Oz. I go to Melbourne every season to watch an interstate away game, and that game is always against Melbourne.

Arguably the stupidest thing I have seen said about the game. Wow.

Arguably the stupidest thing I have seen said about the game. Wow.

A Muscat game plan built around cynical fouls interrupting the flow of the match, right down to Georgievski's infringement on Carney on the edge of the box. But well done Melbourne on attempting to claim the championship on their own terms. Unlike 2015, it didn't work.

And yet has been said by fans, media and players

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

A Muscat game plan built around cynical fouls interrupting the flow of the match, right down to Georgievski's infringement on Carney on the edge of the box. But well done Melbourne on attempting to claim the championship on their own terms. Unlike 2015, it didn't work.

4 more fouls (32-28), 1 more yellow card (6-5) and made 2 more tackles (30-28). When you consider that possession was 55% - 45% I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

Love to see these articles claiming such wide sweeping generalisations on the game. Have heard of sore losers before but sore winners is a new one to me.

4 more fouls (32-28), 1 more yellow card (6-5) and made 2 more tackles (30-28). When you consider that possession was 55% - 45% I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

Love to see these articles claiming such wide sweeping generalisations on the game. Have heard of sore losers before but sore winners is a new one to me.

it's an observation of how this match was approached by the opposition compared to just about every other match this season......including the other 3 against melbourne.

lies, damned lies and statistics. the intent on hindering the play-making of sydney is evident from the beginning.

Last edited:
1920x1200_o7ozh9w8gt6q1oggy4uvtekrn.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf? Holosko raked someone in the face and should've been off - pretty much anywhere, anytime that is a red card.
What are you complaining about?

wtf? Holosko raked someone in the face and should've been off - pretty much anywhere, anytime that is a red card.

How about that hack job by two Sydney players on Rojas in the lead up to Berishas goal? Thank god the ref called play on.. and Bes took the full advantage.

That foul is only "anti football" if you're a ******* commenting on a game of football despite knowing nothing about the game.

That's a foul that, given the situation, most of the worlds best defenders are very, very happy to concede.

Of course Georgevski isn't in that class - it's why he's playing for Newcastle next year - but to say it's an example of "anti football" or even a "cynical" foul is ignorant as *.

No complaints, never were. Observations. You could re-read the original post and first reply from one of your sore mob who picked out one term in an otherwise post of respect, but I couldn't give a * really. SYDNEY FC are PREMIERS and CHAMPIONS. It must hurt, but it's up to your lot to deal with that.

No complaints, never were. Observations. You could re-read the original post and first reply from one of your sore mob who picked out one term in an otherwise post of respect, but I couldn't give a **** really. SYDNEY FC are PREMIERS and CHAMPIONS. It must hurt, but it's up to your lot to deal with that.
Adelaide United?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back