Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
aleague.png

adelaide-united-downed-western-sydney-wanderers-3-1-to-claim-their-maiden-hyundai-a-league-title_1mki4nplbmhxo1lm3gte981zrn.jpg

Final standings for the season.

upload_2017-4-18_14-18-38.png

Congrats to Sydney FC on their title win.

-----
Coming up this week are two big elimination finals.

upload_2017-4-18_14-22-23.png

Brisbane Roar vs. Western Sydney Wanderers - 2-1 (25k)

A rematch of the epic between these sides in last years finals.
Brisbane will want to inflict some revenge and i think overall they have been the better side this year.
I think they will get a tight win in an entertaining match.

Melbourne City vs. Perth Glory - 1-1 (4-3 on pens) (15k)

Games between these sides have usually been very high scoring.
Outside of the very bottom sides these two have the worst defense's in the league.
Perth is very damaging in attack and City were as well, but i feel less so of late. (to predictable?)
I'll go out on a limb and predict both sides to really work on their defense this week and end in a draw.
Fornarolli to win City to game on pens.

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
aleague.png

adelaide-united-downed-western-sydney-wanderers-3-1-to-claim-their-maiden-hyundai-a-league-title_1mki4nplbmhxo1lm3gte981zrn.jpg

Final standings for the season.

View attachment 359064

Congrats to Sydney FC on their title win.

-----
Coming up this week are two big elimination finals.

View attachment 359065

Brisbane Roar vs. Western Sydney Wanderers - 2-1 (25k)

A rematch of the epic between these sides in last years finals.
Brisbane will want to inflict some revenge and i think overall they have been the better side this year.
I think they will get a tight win in an entertaining match.

Melbourne City vs. Perth Glory - 1-1 (4-3 on pens) (15k)

Games between these sides have usually been very high scoring.
Outside of the very bottom sides these two have the worst defense's in the league.
Perth is very damaging in attack and City were as well, but i feel less so of late. (to predictable?)
I'll go out on a limb and predict both sides to really work on their defense this week and end in a draw.
Fornarolli to win City to game on pens.

That's why I didn't want anyone else doing it... great work mate!

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wait what there is a finals series ??

Like last week I'd hope defence plays little part in the games, otherwise there's bound to be some MKR repeats I can watch.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Castro is fit and firing unlike the game last year so I fancy us. My first visit to AAMI Park for a Glory game too. Can't wait to be in the away end with 'The VAG' (Victorian Association of Glory fans.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd be very surprised if either away side was to win.

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Come on City. My post in the General Chat thread sums up how I'm feeling ATM:

I've been following this team since it was just an idea 6 years ago and I've lost count of all the big name players that were meant to be all but signed. Players like Ronaldinho, Karagounis, Holt, Beckham, Lampard, Neil, Barton and Augustine Sokan.

I've heard Munn come out countless times talking a big game saying stuff like we're looking all around the globe for our new manager only to promote the worst out of our two assistant coaches. Saying we've signed a big name striker who is still staring in internationals only to reveal Michael "what's a offside?" Mifsud. Tweeting there's a huge announcement coming only for us to extend Clint Bolton's contract for another season.

I've been told by the club we're going to play a friendly against Inter, that the Heart isn't for sale, that we'll play sexy, winning football with an emphasis on youth development amongst countless other statements only to be let down time and time again.

I actually wonder why I still follow this rabble but yet I'm still here, still making massive trips to AAMI Park and around the country, still pouring my cash into the club and the terrace and supporting the team, only to be devestated. I don't know why anymore.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's because of days like last May for me, all the **** you deal with melts away when that whistle goes and you win a trophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 29, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bungaree FNC
Come on City. My post in the General Chat thread sums up how I'm feeling ATM:

I've been following this team since it was just an idea 6 years ago and I've lost count of all the big name players that were meant to be all but signed. Players like Ronaldinho, Karagounis, Holt, Beckham, Lampard, Neil, Barton and Augustine Sokan.

I've heard Munn come out countless times talking a big game saying stuff like we're looking all around the globe for our new manager only to promote the worst out of our two assistant coaches. Saying we've signed a big name striker who is still staring in internationals only to reveal Michael "what's a offside?" Mifsud. Tweeting there's a huge announcement coming only for us to extend Clint Bolton's contract for another season.

I've been told by the club we're going to play a friendly against Inter, that the Heart isn't for sale, that we'll play sexy, winning football with an emphasis on youth development amongst countless other statements only to be let down time and time again.

I actually wonder why I still follow this rabble but yet I'm still here, still making massive trips to AAMI Park and around the country, still pouring my cash into the club and the terrace and supporting the team, only to be devestated. I don't know why anymore.
You've been loitering around the City forum too long with an attitude like that.

redstarforever_

80nineninety1
Apr 8, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
red star bgd, man utd, bvb
WSE no doub up for it. had it not been for theo big save in the 6th min it would've been game over by now. however, brisbane are certainly still far from done here. hopefully, they will equalise and then go all the way to a penalty shoot out ;)

edit; 1-1 (mclaren)

redstarforever_

80nineninety1
Apr 8, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
and there we have it. gratzz Roar

great game (so many 'almost' goals) esp that wanderers missed, great penalty shoot out and just a very entertaining game to watch.

as for refereeing, well, what's to say other any fvcking *ed cvnts.
i don't understand why or where the hell was video ref tonight..?

anyway, as a neutral the overall perfect game i hoped to see.

redstarforever_

80nineninety1
Apr 8, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
guess there goes also any hope of a Sydney derbi although it's fair to say roar were the better team pretty much in all aspects all season and the slightly more deserving side to go through anyhow.

btw, does anyone have the official crowd numbers tonight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back