A-League Finals - The Semi Finals

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's a difficult decision either way. If the game is moved to Sydney it would likely not be at Campbelltown, but instead at kograh or leichhardt (Campbelltown is pretty far away from Sydney proper so it would be quite a neutral venue)

I would still prefer it to be played behind closed doors in Melbourne, we deserve that much at least for finishing top of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I would still prefer it to be played behind closed doors in Melbourne, we deserve that much at least for finishing top of the league.

Ultimately the decision will be out of City's hands, The APL are the ones that are going to take the financial hit on this with no crowds and so they will need to weigh in the options if moving the match will make it a viable option (which it will be).

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ultimately the decision will be out of City's hands, The APL are the ones that are going to take the financial hit on this with no crowds and so they will need to weigh in the options if moving the match will make it a more viable options (which it will be).

Money before fairness. Yep seems legit. Play it in Adelaide or Bris Vegas if need be.

I have no worries about beating The Cows in NSW, but the principal of it all stinks.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Money before fairness. Yep seems legit. Play it in Adelaide or Bris Vegas if need be.

I have no worries about beating The Cows in NSW, but the principal of it all stinks.

I suggested Canberra will be a good option too.
Principal's have been thrown out the doors these past 15 months nothing should surprise us anymore with all the loopy decisions and rules during this pandemic.
I know it sucks for City fans and this decision most likely will mean the Grand Final isn't going to be played in Melbourne next week either if City win. But such is the state of the World today that we just have to live with these decisions!

Just enjoy that the games are still going ahead I guess.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I suggested Canberra will be a good option too.
Principal's have been thrown out the doors these past 15 months nothing should surprise us anymore with all the loopy decisions and rules during this pandemic.
I know it sucks for City fans and this decision most likely will mean the Grand Final isn't going to be played in Melbourne next week either if City win. But such is the state of the World today that we just have to live with these decisions!

Just enjoy that the games are still going ahead I guess.

I didn't think we were going to win the GF anyway, given 3 of our best players are away on Socceroos duties.

It sucks, but I have always rated the Premier's Plate higher than the Toilet Seat anyway.

Smurfs Championship to lose from here imo.

Seasoned pros who always come good come during the playoffs (helps when all of their best players are internationals too)

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Kograh it is

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I didn't think we were going to win the GF anyway, given 3 of our best players are away on Socceroos duties.

It sucks, but I have always rated the Premier's Plate higher than the Toilet Seat anyway.

Smurfs Championship to lose from here imo.

Seasoned pros who always come good come during the playoffs (helps when all of their best players are internationals too)

We lost 3 players as well.

Have a cup of concrete.

Well within you’re right to care more about the plate.

I, and most other fans going off the ratings, care more about the toilet seat.

Last edited:
Crowds unlikely at AAMI with the AFL fleeing town.

Macarthur are a huge chance. Could host the semi, and playing a city side minus 3 best players.
Maybe. Minus more than the 3 Socceroos, looking at last week’s match

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
And I hope Sydney belt them by more than 4.

Though unlikely
IMG_2259.jpg

Back