A-League Finals Week One - The Elimination Finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Finally some meaningful matches to look forward too.. Two big Elimination finals to kick off the Finals series.

Friday 3rd May 7:50pm
(3)Melbourne Victory V (6)Wellington Phoenix - AAMI Park Melbourne

Sunday 5th May 7:00pm
(4)Adelaide United V (5)Melbourne City - Hindmash stadium Adelaide

The lowest ranked winner will play Perth Glory in semi-Final one the other winner to play Sydney FC
in Semi-Final two.

Predictions: Victory 2-1 Adelaide 2-0

Enjoy the football.

Sydney vs Victory is gonna be one hell of a semi final

Corica and SydneyFC might be shitting bricks. No doubt the mental scares from last years match would be running through their heads and they wouldn't want a repeat would they?

This is gonna be fun next week! We will be primed for this match. Can't wait!

Ola!!!

Chipping the keeper on that angle! ******* ACE!

Just on that goal..

I could never imagine an Aussie striker chipping the keeper like that on such an angle. Pure instinct and football smarts. And that first touch just mint!

That was a world class goal if ever I saw one.

Most A-league strikers would have shot at the keeper, try to pick out a team mate (even if there wasn’t one to pass to) or turn to open the angle and gets his shot blocked by the in coming defender.

Just shows the difference in class and development where everything Toivonen has learnt and experienced is pure instinct.

I envy for the day our youth development can produce a Toivonen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corica and SydneyFC might be shitting bricks. No doubt the mental scares from last years match would be running through their heads and they wouldn't want a repeat would they?

This is gonna be fun next week! We will be primed for this match. Can't wait!
I doubt it, theyve found some form and are playing better than you guys currently. Will be a cracker game though.

As for today....... **** timeslot and it wont allow me to get to the game, but ill be watching somewhere

I doubt it, theyve found some form and are playing better than you guys currently. Will be a cracker game though.

As for today....... **** timeslot and it wont allow me to get to the game, but ill be watching somewhere

I think you guys will win easy, have been in good form lately too. Yeah s**t time for a football match don't know why the FFA persits with 7pm Sunday timeslot worst time of the week. What's the crowd estimate gonna be though? Hopefully a big crowd still to get you guys over the line.

Congrats to the idiots at the FFA.

Wellington
- R27: Sunday night in Perth
- EF: Friday night in Melbourne

Winner of Adelaide v Melb City
- EF: Sunday night in Adelaide
- SF: Friday night in Perth

Amateur hour.
Probably why we rested players against Perth once we found out City won 5-0.

On the game itself, * me it's stunk. I really don't need another 30 minutes of this.

It's almost Monday and the winner of this has to play in Perth on Friday, that is in less than 4 days and 23 hours time. Ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back