A-League Finals Week Two - Semi Finals!

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I love that you're not allowed to sneeze in the direction of a goalkeeper in the A-League... until you are.

3 minutes before we were reminded that we're playing league's golden child (and that we're dealing with Slater on commentary) :rolleyes:
Almost needs to be obstruction but not sure what you can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I love that you're not allowed to sneeze in the direction of a goalkeeper in the A-League... until you are.

3 minutes before we were reminded that we're playing league's golden child (and that we're dealing with Slater on commentary) :rolleyes:
Completely fair goal

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I'm not even arguing whether it was or wasn't fair - I'm saying that it gets paid a foul 9 times out of 10 in the A-League because our referees typically think you can't even glare too meanly at a keeper.
Well you can't blame the refs here. It's bloody Beath and he hates us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
How is that not offside? The VAR didn't even look at it. What's the point of it.

Jeffy38!

All Australian
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
How is that not offside? The VAR didn't even look at it. What's the point of it.
I don't really think that's offside. Would be a poor call if they did. Mvfc just can't do a thing right in this game.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't really think that's offside. Would be a poor call if they did. Mvfc just can't do a thing right in this game.
He was in an offside position when the ball was played and was in the line of vision of the keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
lol the WACA you are kidding right? That joints a ****hole and doesn’t even hold more than 30k and it doesn’t even have full seating.

Besides there has only been one soccer match played at Optus stadium and from all reports the viewing was pretty good.

The stadium will sell out or close to it’s 60k capacity and it will be fantastic!

All these nuffies complaining against playing at oval stadiums ffs do you want the game to grow or not? be thankful we have these beautiful stadiums to showcase the leagues biggest day!
Will not get close to selling out, and it is is an awful venue for soccer. Not to mention you lose any sense of atmosphere and the active support is nullified. I don't think that is how you grow the game. I hope I am wrong but I feel sunday might be a bit embarassing for us.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will not get close to selling out, and it is is an awful venue for soccer. Not to mention you lose any sense of atmosphere and the active support is nullified. I don't think that is how you grow the game. I hope I am wrong but I feel sunday might be a bit embarassing for us.
Should have kept it at NIB. Sold out 22k and had the place pumping. Now, they may get 35k and it'll look empty with no atmosphere.

Jeffy38!

All Australian
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Can we get better commentary as well! They are boring as all hell!!

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So the VAR is checking a penalty and upholding the decision within ten seconds when it's a line ball call? F*ck off.

apollo_creed

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Me See Tea Tea
If you need anymore confirmation as to the corrupt nature of the A-League look no further than the fact they upheld that penalty decision before.
It was as blatant as it gets and he just dragged him down. Good luck Perth, you're up against it!

Top Bottom