A-League Finals Week Two - Semi Finals!

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder how full Optus Stadium will be for the GF. There won't be a shortage of bandwagoners but not sure if they can go close to selling out. Might depend on how high the ticket prices are.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Wonder how full Optus Stadium will be for the GF. There won't be a shortage of bandwagoners but not sure if they can go close to selling out. Might depend on how high the ticket prices are.

It should sell out or get close too, their hasn't been one that hasn't yet in the A-league.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United

I’d say it’ll sell out. Adelaide United managed to and the difference between capacity at AO and Optus isn’t as big as the difference between populations of Perth and Adelaide.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Surely the final would be a Sunday night game, allows free air time with no AFL or NRL.

As for the crowd gotta think it goes close to a sell out. Adelaide got 50k, Brisbane 50k 3 times in 4 years. Newcastle sold out.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Surely the final would be a Sunday night game, allows free air time with no AFL or NRL.

As for the crowd gotta think it goes close to a sell out. Adelaide got 50k, Brisbane 50k 3 times in 4 years. Newcastle sold out.

If SydneyFC win the Grand Final will be on Saturday night due to Sydney having an ACL match on the following Tuesday.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don't want to sh*t on the game on Friday night but I'm not sure I have seen a worse amount of penatlies in my lifetime. Only 3 or 4 actually had conviction when they stepped up. If they didn't practice penalties it sure as hell showed.

Good to see Perth go through, pitty they have to play the final at Optus though. Once again the spectacle of the season is at a ground not fit for football. Would have preferred to have seen it at the WACA.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Don't want to sh*t on the game on Friday night but I'm not sure I have seen a worse amount of penatlies in my lifetime. Only 3 or 4 actually had conviction when they stepped up. If they didn't practice penalties it sure as hell showed.

Good to see Perth go through, pitty they have to play the final at Optus though. Once again the spectacle of the season is at a ground not fit for football. Would have preferred to have seen it at the WACA.

lol the WACA you are kidding right? That joints a shithole and doesn’t even hold more than 30k and it doesn’t even have full seating.

Besides there has only been one soccer match played at Optus stadium and from all reports the viewing was pretty good.

The stadium will sell out or close to it’s 60k capacity and it will be fantastic!

All these nuffies complaining against playing at oval stadiums ffs do you want the game to grow or not? be thankful we have these beautiful stadiums to showcase the leagues biggest day!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
looking forward to tonights and starting to get nerves. I think it will be another tough match that might just go to penalties.
Going to be a big Big Blue. Nerves are going strong here as well.

All the best (last nice thing I can say to a Vic till after tonight) in the game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
lol the WACA you are kidding right? That joints a shithole and doesn’t even hold more than 30k and it doesn’t even have full seating.

Besides there has only been one soccer match played at Optus stadium and from all reports the viewing was pretty good.

The stadium will sell out or close to it’s 60k capacity and it will be fantastic!

All these nuffies complaining against playing at oval stadiums ffs do you want the game to grow or not? be thankful we have these beautiful stadiums to showcase the leagues showpiece event.
I went to the game at Optus, not sure who you spoke to but they're lying. It's not great to watch football at.

If you think playing at oval stadiums is going to grow the game then you're kidding yourself. Not sure I've read a stupider comment on soccer in this country.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I went to the game at Optus, not sure who you spoke to but they're lying. It's not great to watch football at.

If you think playing at oval stadiums is going to grow the game then you're kidding yourself. Not sure I've read a stupider comment on soccer in this country.

You’ll get more people in at Optus 60k in fact and it will present well to a TV audience is what I was trying to say. it will help grow the game to the average observer who couldn’t give a rats whether the match is played at an oval stadium or not.

Last edited:

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
My issue with Optus is it kinda destroys our home ground advantage. The blokes have played a total of one friendly match there.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
What's the deal with Subiaco oval? They still place WAFL there, right?

It's not an idea shape for football, but I would've thought the 42,000ish capacity would've been just about right. And I'm old enough to remember the joint coming unglued in the 99/00 NSL grand final.

Well, the first half anyway ;)

Now I think of it, there were some fair similarities between that grand final and Friday night's game...

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
What's the deal with Subiaco oval? They still place WAFL there, right?

It's not an idea shape for football, but I would've thought the 42,000ish capacity would've been just about right. And I'm old enough to remember the joint coming unglued in the 99/00 NSL grand final.

Well, the first half anyway ;)

Now I think of it, there were some fair similarities between that grand final and Friday night's game...

Zero chance, that ground has had its video screens removed amongst other things. Besides the new stadium is bigger & more modern

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is the coverage not in HD? Love it how I can stream it in HD but the FTA channel isn't HD. 2019 in Australia.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I love that you're not allowed to sneeze in the direction of a goalkeeper in the A-League... until you are.

3 minutes before we were reminded that we're playing league's golden child (and that we're dealing with Slater on commentary) :rolleyes:

Back