AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Very uncity like, grind the pressure and score 2 against the flow. Thrilled to be turning the corner - just took a pandemic for the cards to fall into place.

Andy Harper was pulling for WU with all his commentary - and bozza was backing him, even though they were only marginally better at that point (55/45).

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Very uncity like, grind the pressure and score 2 against the flow. Thrilled to be turning the corner - just took a pandemic for the cards to fall into place.

Andy Harper was pulling for WU with all his commentary - and bozza was backing him, even though they were only marginally better at that point (55/45).
Yeah they had dominance of play and field position but city looked dangerous on the counter the entire match.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
giphy.gif

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lack of quality, inability to break teams down in the final third?

For the nix and roar in the first round certainly. Western United look easily the third best in the comp and it took some great goalkeeping and defending to deny them.
Just a shame that in general the finals have been just a bit dour.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
For the nix and roar in the first round certainly. Western United look easily the third best in the comp and it took some great goalkeeping and defending to deny them.
Just a shame that in general the finals have been just a bit dour.
I'd argue they looked the best, think the frequency of games they had to play was a bit too much.
First goal and sit back is a winning strategy unfortunately.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd argue they looked the best, think the frequency of games they had to play was a bit too much.
First goal and sit back is a winning strategy unfortunately.

To be fair yes if Hooper plays for the nix in that one we maybe see a different result. A bit more experience around Scott McDonald for the roar and we maybe say the same for them.
Looking the best for a fair chunk of the games but just unable to finish off the job with the final ball.

Even though Western United had the toughest schedule, they didn’t look tired for most of tonight. Better side in the first half for sure.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
To be fair yes if Hooper plays for the nix in that one we maybe see a different result. A bit more experience around Scott McDonald for the roar and we maybe say the same for them.
Looking the best for a fair chunk of the games but just unable to finish off the job with the final ball.

Even though Western United had the toughest schedule, they didn’t look tired for most of tonight. Better side in the first half for sure.
Yeah heaps of great build up from the Roar was very impressive without the goal to show for it.
I thought Western moved it into the front 3rd very well. Their mids so clean on the ball, switching it but struggled to get anything from it. Summed up a bit by Burgess indecision.

My biggest issue with the a league has always been finishing or inability to do so, summed up by guys like Sotirio and Wales.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah heaps of great build up from the Roar was very impressive without the goal to show for it.
I thought Western moved it into the front 3rd very well. Their mids so clean on the ball, switching it but struggled to get anything from it. Summed up a bit by Burgess indecision.

My biggest issue with the a league has always been finishing or inability to do so, summed up by guys like Sotirio and Wales.

Yes ideally they are guys who shouldn’t be starting 11. But they both play as subs in full strength teams as well. Wales got his chance again because of Susaeta not being around post-COVID. He has scored goals on the run but generally ineffective ever since teams have figured out not to let him run onto long throws or kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back