Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins

Lucy absolutely destroys Speedy 😂😂😂

Burnnnnn lol

Its funny how I don't mind speedy as an AFL commentator but for Football (A-league matches especially) he is cringeworthy with obvious cliches and being to melodramatic.

Last edited:

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla

Lucy absolutely destroys Speedy 😂😂😂

Far out Lucy has not missed there! And it's hard to disagree with her, Brenton loves to talk himself up.

Although it also seems a bit hypocritical given her public outcry about the abuse she has copped via social media.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Burnnnnn lol

Its funny how I don't mind speedy as an AFL commentator but for Football (A-league matches especially) he is cringeworthy with obvious cliches and being to melodramatic.

Agreed but the Lucy going on about Speedy needing a pat on the back all the time is laughable considering her efforts.

She non stop talks herself up let alone makes stuff up on her podcast.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Far out Lucy has not missed there! And it's hard to disagree with here, Brenton loves to talk himself up.

Although it also seems a bit hypocritical given her public outcry about the abuse she has copped via social media.

To be fair, the backlash and abuse she copped during the WC for her player pronunciations was extremely nasty and toxic. Speedy to his credit, remained calm and responded to that tweet with civility.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
To be fair, the backlash and abuse she copped during the WC for her player pronunciations was extremely nasty and toxic. Speedy to his credit, remained calm and responded to that tweet with civility.
Oh no doubt, she was right to call it out. I just don't think you can do that and then call someone a serial sycophant whose incessant self-adulation has become insipid.

The background context from someone on Reddit:

"On a radio show, they were talking to Stajcic about how the mariners were going. Then at the end they played a tongue in cheek clip with Brenton Speed pronouncing his name. Stajcics says he gets it 10/10 correct, whilst Lucy Zelic gets it only 9/10 correct. The whole thing is not serious.

Then Lucy Zelic decides to s**t on everyone in a reply saying if you haven't heard me pronounce his name, then none of you have ever watched womens football."

Or, more succinctly:

"Stajcic: Brenton Speed gets a 10/10 for pronouncing my name

Speedy: Thanks Stajcic, I've been putting the effort in, and it means a lot to get positive feedback

Lucy: * YOU I DID IT FIRST AND IF ANYONE DISAGREES WITH ME THEN YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN WATCH WOMEN'S FOOTBALL."

That is when Speedy came in with that first tweet and Lucy decided to be a ******* moron for no reason. I used to like Lucy but the more I hear from her the more I find her a massive *******.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche

"On a radio show, they were talking to Stajcic about how the mariners were going. Then at the end they played a tongue in cheek clip with Brenton Speed pronouncing his name. Stajcics says he gets it 10/10 correct, whilst Lucy Zelic gets it only 9/10 correct. The whole thing is not serious.

Then Lucy Zelic decides to sh*t on everyone in a reply saying if you haven't heard me pronounce his name, then none of you have ever watched womens football."

Or, more succinctly:

Speedy: Thanks Stajcic, I've been putting the effort in, and it means a lot to get positive feedback

Lucy: fu** YOU I DID IT FIRST AND IF ANYONE DISAGREES WITH ME THEN YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN WATCH WOMEN'S FOOTBALL."

That is when Speedy came in with that first tweet and Lucy decided to be a ******* moron for no reason. I used to like Lucy but the more I hear from her the more I find her a massive *******.
Her brother is worse. He’s gone down massive conspiracy rabbitholes

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Then Lucy Zelic decides to sh*t on everyone in a reply saying if you haven't heard me pronounce his name, then none of you have ever watched womens football."

Or, more succinctly:

Lucy: fu** YOU I DID IT FIRST AND IF ANYONE DISAGREES WITH ME THEN YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN WATCH WOMEN'S FOOTBALL."

Yep this 100%

Lucy lost it.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Just fold already.
FB_IMG_1614132921652.jpg

Back