AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Least I watched David Villa live and score for Melbourne City.. For some reason the CFG here in Australia don't seem keen on bringing a big name overseas star as a marquee player

I'd say they've been getting the balance right over the last few seasons. Quality youth, good domestic & international senior players with a few excellent players.

I'd rather that then getting a former star on a farewell tour, taking a huge paycheck, disrupting the team style & flow.

I still think one of our best teams was the FFA Cup winners the attacking lineup produced some beautiful football Mooy, Bratton, Brandan, Fornaroli, Nobilio - we just couldn't defend well enough.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Beat me to it. All you can hope for victory is that he can build a good side and not leave them with a young, inexperienced squad, while his off in Europe for 6 months.

how long was his contact at Perth before he left? Victory has given him a three year deal! I don't know if he'll skip half way through and leave the team dry like he did at Perth that's my only concern with him. Not concerned he'll bring his sons either wil be an improvement on our current squad ;).

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Le Fondre is back!

IMG_2037.GIF

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
How can Sydney afford him, Bobo, Ninkovic etc. Incredibly creative bookkeeping...

I'd say Le Fondre's contracted would be back ended. He'll be on minimum for the remainder of this season. Next season will be hard keeping everyone I'd say. Still through I'm sure they will be going through a little rebuild too. Wilkinson might call it quits and Kosta too.

is Kosta's contract up end of this season or next General Giant? That might free up some space to fit Le Fondre in

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd say Le Fondre's contracted would be back ended. He'll be on minimum for the remainder of this season. Next season will be hard keeping everyone I'd say. Still through I'm sure they will be going through a little rebuild too. Wilkinson might call it quits and Kosta too.

is Kosta's contract up end of this season or next General Giant? That might free up some space to fit Le Fondre in
He was also only out on loan to Mumbai, always a Sydney fc player.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Almost 100% sure he only had a 2 year deal which would end this season. Thank Christ. What a car crash that was.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

As a human being, I really hate the ongoing humanatarian crisis going on in Myanmar, but a buy is good for us.

It won't happen this year, but I am very confident we will be the next A League club to win the ACL.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

As a human being, I really hate the ongoing humanatarian crisis going on in Myanmar, but a buy is good for us.

It won't happen this year, but I am very confident we will be the next A League club to win the ACL.
You should be, not sure if you will be though.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

Settle down with the predictions dude, btw

"United's departure would send City straight into a single-leg play-off with Cerezo Osaka either on June 21 or 23"

During finals wonder how much City will priorities the ACL play-off? Would need to travel too?

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd never have predicted this moving to winter up against the countries 2 biggest sports /s

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I'd never have predicted this moving to winter up against the countries 2 biggest sports /s

Imagine if they played on a week day at a stadium in the middle of nowhere with no public transport access? No dispute this club is a big mistake all that its done is make the league look poorer and showed what fools ran this game in this country.

Back