jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Here the current update on the stadium :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Still not even a proper established suburb in place let alone a stadium being built. How they got the licence over Team 11 is beyond me. Worse decision than the NQ Fury licence.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Fury wasn’t a farce, they just worst patient.

Should of been Canberra over West Melbourne
Fury was rushed and didn't have great numbers to get a licence financially or with local participation in the game or eyeballs on Fox Sports. Would have been okay as a future expansion with work put into the area pre going there by the FFA. But as a first shot at expansion it wasn't a good idea at all.

But that pales in comparison to this s**t show Tarneit/Geelong/Tasmania homeless mob. All of Canberra, SE Melbourne, Tasmania and Woollongong would have been a better shout than Tarneit. s**t even a properly done Auckland side (without border closures) would be better than Western United

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Fury wasn’t a farce, they just werent patient.

Should of been Canberra over West Melbourne

Fury was rushed and didn't have great numbers to get a licence financially or with local participation in the game or eyeballs on Fox Sports. Would have been okay as a future expansion with work put into the area pre going there by the FFA. But as a first shot at expansion it wasn't a good idea at all.

But that pales in comparison to this sh*t show Tarneit/Geelong/Tasmania homeless mob. All of Canberra, SE Melbourne, Tasmania and Woollongong would have been a better shout than Tarneit. sh*t even a properly done Auckland side (without border closures) would be better than Western United

The only reason the Fury was created was for the World Cup bid to show how far and wide football has spread in Australia. Ben Buckley admitted this to be the case. The Club still could have been salvaged, a community model was in process of being implemented but the FFA took the lazy option and pulled the pin.

Agree pretty much any other option would have been better then WU, the ‘Western Football Group’ bid was the worse bid assessed at the time and yet it got the gig on a false promise that a self funded stadium will be built in the middle of nowhere.

The FFA was sold on gold but brought a lemon!

Last edited:

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Anyone she'd some light on how many rounds there is for the H&A season? I can't seem to find any formal announcement on season length/finals. They're really going Agile....

It was 22, but now more games are starting to appear.

Anyone she'd some light on how many rounds there is for the H&A season? I can't seem to find any formal announcement on season length/finals. They're really going Agile....

It was 22, but now more games are starting to appear.

From what I can see, it is 24.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Just LOL at this league. That VAR (and VAR in general) is so dumb. It has not improved the game ine iota, do away with it ffs
Unfortunately it's out of the A Leagues hands, IFAB set the rules around the use of technology and we're bound by them.

They should have a too close to call for these moments, where the tolerance is anything less than a foot either side goes with the original decision.

The tech might be right, but they need better camera angles/quality to support their answers as looking at a grainy off centered image with lines drawn on top of each other is pretty hard to trust.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you ever said anything positive about the A-League?
Followed the league for years, member for about 5-6. Many away trips. It isnt as though i never gave it a chance. Its run by morons making obvious mistake after obvious mistake to slowly kill it. I dont want it to fail but its inevitable. The deadshits running this league wont get my money anymore

Commentary last night even said the clubs like VAR so it isnt going anywhere. They deserve failure. Aleague isnt the afl where mistakes every year (like they do with rule changes) dont matter because its too big to fail. Mistakes matter yet they refuse to listen to fans. * them

Then we recycle the same players every year who try going overseas, fail and come back then leave asap if offers come in. No loyalty there, none of them want to be here. Who would support that?!

Unfortunately it's out of the A Leagues hands, IFAB set the rules around the use of technology and we're bound by them.

Not necessarily. We could always go rogue like the Dutch league.

2gkWm3y.jpg

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trent Jacobs steps down Victory have a new Managing director.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can we get some Jamie MacLaren Love here..

Fastest player to 100 goals in Australian Professional League history (including A League and NSL)

Absolutely gone past Bruno as the Melbourne City GOAT.

Actually think him being Aussie Born and Bred does help build up City's Brand and supporter base here in Victoria too (Victory being trash helps too)

images

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Can we get some Jamie MacLaren Love here..

Fastest player to 100 goals in Australian Professional League history (including A League and NSL)

Absolutely gone past Bruno as the Melbourne City GOAT.

Actually think him being Aussie Born and Bred does help build up City's Brand and supporter base here in Victoria too (Victory being trash helps too)

images

How much has City’s support base actually grown during the last couple of years? Not being a prick or anything genuine question. Do You think it’s grown significantly enough? has Jamie actually helped if so? Or should and can the club grow bigger considering the clubs on field position?

personally I think City should be doing better support wise. I can’t help wonder through if City was still Heart and on top of the the table they‘ll be attracting a lot more support.

Back