• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SMFC
Il be doing the GF preview, Thanks TheKanga for letting me do it.....

The two best teams of the 2016/17 A-League season will collid in a massive Grand Final. Will Sydney FC cap off the most dominate season in A-League history with a win when it really matters or will Melbourne Victory spoil the party and claim there 4th A-League title.
MATCH DETAILS

Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Kick-Off: 5:00pm (AEST)

Referee: Jarred Gillett

Assistant Referee 1: David Walsh

Assistant Referee 2: Matthew Cream

Fourth Official: Peter Green

Fifth Official: Owen Goldrick

After their record breaking season it would only be fair for Sydney to come away with the Chocolates but i'm sure Melbourne Victory have other ideas.
Victory have faced off with Sydney 3 times this season with the sky blues winning every one of those meetings. In two out of the three times they have played each other this season the Victory have lead at some stage in the match, this proves that we have found a way to get past their unstoppable defence and there is no reason why we can't do it tomorow.
Both teams have world class attacker such as Rojas, Berisha, Troisi and Khalfala for Melbourne and Bobo, Ninkovic, Broque and Holosko for Sydney. Sydney have also scored 8 more goals (58) this season than Victory (50). IMO the game will be decided on how well each defence plays, Sydney have been the best defensive team this season by a mile, they only conceded 12 goals in 42 hours of Football. Victory had a poor defensive season in comparaison to that letting in 31 goals. 9 players in the Victory starting line up have played in an A-league GF before so Victory certainly don't lack experience. Victory's star striker Besart Berisha will play in his 4 GF and he will be looking to make it 4/4 in grand finals.
Over the week there has been outrage over the FFA's in ability to forward plan and get the Rugby game schuduled for saturday night to move, this will result in a poor pitch becoming even poorer which will possibly add an unwanted factor to the game.
My prediction: 3-1 Sydney.... Sydney have been incredible all season and have set a new standard in the A-league. I can't see them slipping up on Grand final day and I think the match will be very similar to the last time these two sides met, Sydney will manage to shut us out completely like they have done so often this season.
That said we all know what happened last time we played Sydney in a Grand final;)

I'm an Optimist tho and I still believe we can win, if we do manage to get over the line what a day it will be!

you're welcome tigersfan brah, lookin sharp, full on goin at the dogs so far.. its early but im not sure if the dogs can turn this 32pt margin already. impressive

guys we should just cut the goss on who will win until.. theres been way too much of over confidence from both sides in the lead up. anything could go down but i say we're gonna crush melb :p

We Are Sydney <3

you're welcome tigersfan brah, lookin sharp, full on goin at the dogs so far.. its early but im not sure if the dogs can turn this 32pt margin already. impressive
Dogs are horrible starters but i'm loving it so far. If we can win this one il be stoked....
Dogs could run over us at anytime tho and Nick Vlastuin out it will be hard in the last Q

Dogs are horrible starters but i'm loving it so far. If we can win this one il be stoked....
Dogs could run over us at anytime tho and Nick Vlastuin out it will be hard in the last Q

true.. the pressure naturally would still be on the Tigers but this one will be a tight contest til the end i tell ya

redstarforever_
That was the biggest load of bullshit i've seen all season. How the bloody hell was that deliberate, Proud of the effort and performance tho.

not taking anything from dogs they really had to battle to clinch that win but that is simply pathetic umpiring. shame it had to end with a disappointing call in a cracking game. unlucky for tigers but at least proved their quality is there capable of beating anyone. heads up, that was a great team display in all 4 quarters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant pick this game.
Sydney have been the best overall but Victory can win on their day.
Wouldn't be suprised to see this go extra time.

For me this Grand Final is more about the fans today! win or lose I hope we make as much noise as possible and bring just as much colour to show why we are the biggest and the best!
It's something we pride ourselves on and I have no doubt the fans have been waiting for this day, an away Grand Final just to show it all off especially too those Sydney muppets!

As for the game like I've mentioned my Heart wants Victory to win obviously, But reality says Sydney are far to good and clinical and will score no doubt about it!

my prediction is 3-1 Sydney! but if Victory can hang in there not allow Sydney to score early well nerves and pressure my get to them and well... strange things can happen...
But I think for us to win we need to score at least two which I can't see happening.

Last edited:
4a2ef6b6df541ad98cded24ad5ce5240.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I hate how anytime there is a contentious decision players crowd the ref. They need to bring in a rule that if any player rushes up to talk to the ref, unless the ref calls them over or they are the captain its a yellow card.
I guess it's because every tom, dick and harry wants thier say. But the video shows the truth 9 times out of 10.

Back