A-League Major Semi Final 1st Leg: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we bring more away fans than anyone else? Maybe we really are silly people? ********ed if i know.

It has to be the attitude of both fans or it wouldn't kick off! Perhaps we're all just a bunch of neadathal thugs who revert to caveman status when we're around each other.

It takes two to tango :)

I know it takes two to tango and that we have our own morons.

My question is though why is the common denominator always Melbourne? There is hardly any trouble involving fans of other clubs, when it does happen it's usually Melbourne & someone else.

That is most probably the reason why the finger is always being pointed at you lot ...

As for the trouble - once the silly people made their show out the front of the Joiners pre-game you just knew it would kick off at some stage. .

I really must take issue with this. As a Mod you should know of the use of this word as a perjorative is not allowed. There is no other way I can see it as such

This is not the first time you have used this shortened version either. Yes the people out the front were acting in a manner which leads one to indicate there may be some issues, but use another word

I know it takes two to tango and that we have our own morons.

My question is though why is the common denominator always Melbourne? There is hardly any trouble involving fans of other clubs, when it does happen it's usually Melbourne & someone else.

That is most probably the reason why the finger is always being pointed at you lot ...

I don't know. I'm not one of the ones that usually involved in any of it... I think it's a load of ******** and as much as i enjoy Green Street and Football Factory, it's an aspect of the game i think we can do without.

Using your point however, it's the same for us. It doesn't kick off against Qld, or CCM or Perth, and to be fair, nothing has ever really happened against Sydney either. It seems to be only our clubs.

Is there such an intense hatred between us? I never thought so, but perhaps i'm wrong. Perhaps deep down we all hate Milan Ivanovic and it just manifests at these games. I really don't know. Do we actually hate you that much? What did you do to us?

PC when will you stop crying mate ?? It is your mobs fault MOST of the time but what I will say is that you only do it because of the certain reaction you know you get from the moronic minority of our supporters. At least you werent picking on children this time.

I'd really love to know how it's our fault. Just being there?

Its pretty sad that it comes to this. Ive been reading some things and I reckon we would be the subject of some bloody scary stuff over in melbourne.

Stop reading the Advertiser! No one's going to hurt you.

Well not you personally PC but its the minority of your supporters who know that anything remotely offensive will be taken to heart by the same number of ours. Im not sure why it happens and we probably never will get to the bottom of it. But I do agree with you, no ones going to be hurt at TD this week or at any game anywhere in the league unless something really stupid does happen.

As for not happening elsewhere, do we take it that we are the most passionate supporters, or the most aggro ?? Or maybe both ?? Hatred is not a word I would use though, as in State of Origin footy, it it, or used to be, brutal on the pitch but really thats where it stays, for the most part

Well it probably doesn't happen with Sydney because you actually need to have a few fans for anything to happen! I think they brought about 15-20 for their Final last season, even the Mariners brought around 150.

As for why the dislike. Well, I guess we were always going to dislike Melbourne, it's just natural for us. I think you lot got a lot of your venom for us out of our continual 1-0 wins against you. I read your forums and there seems to be a lot of hate for us there because little ol' Adelaide has done you over a good number of times. I wouldn't say I have any like for MVFC, but I certainly wouldn't go looking for fights over it! Life's too short, eh!

Credit for your turnout yesterday, 700+ was very impressive.

We're both states that love our sporting teams. That probably has a lot to do with it. If i had known a few more of your guys names and that you'd be there, i'd have no hesitation going to the Joiners to say g'day, or even after the game, except for the obvious problems with that, but that's me, and not the ones that want to get it going.

The bottom line is and always will be - that it's the minority that cause this ******** and cause us to be on the front of the 'tiser. To be honest though, it's nice that we make news in your sleep little town! :)

And yes, our travelling turnout yesterday was stunning. Even i couldn't get over the numbers.

~PC~ I agree 100% with your first post in here. Everyone is always blaming us, and yes we have some morons but so does every team.

One of the major reasons behind it is the grog. People are so smashed that they probably have no idea what they are really doing.

But as Ray also pointed out, the security was a joke. Why did they let MVFC fans leave as soon as the whistle went? Surely you hold us back for 20mins or so. Security must take a big part of the blame for what happened after the game.

Credit for your turnout yesterday, 700+ was very impressive.
Don't sell us short :mad: :p

We had 5 full bays, and each bay fits around 250-300...so you're probably looking at 1000+ fans. Simon Hill said 1800 on FoxSports, but I don't think it was that many. I'd say between 1000-1200.

Great to be part of it too.

I'm not disappointed with the result. The main thing was not to concede an away goal and we did that. A goal for us would've been the cherry on top but a 0-0 draw was certainly not the end of the world for us. A win or score draw will see us through in Melbourne and given our performance I have every confidence that we can do it.

Spot on.

Not sure why Fox Sports ran with their "Melbourne carry the advantage going into the next leg" nonsense.

We have two and a half results that'll send us through now, they have one and a half.

Given their form I'm confident we can get at least a scoredraw over there.

Costanzo - My player of the match - was awesome in everything he did. Won the ball plenty of times in the air and came up with some very important tackles and interceptions. Class act - Shame he got booked.

I hereby declare we rename the city Angelaide.

But as Ray also pointed out, the security was a joke. Why did they let MVFC fans leave as soon as the whistle went? Surely you hold us back for 20mins or so. Security must take a big part of the blame for what happened after the game

Alright, I'm a regular at Hindmarsh but not part of The Gate or others. I rock up, enjoy the game with a mate or two and then walk to my car and drive home, so I may be missing something here.

But my question with the above is simply if PC and Dasher39 KNEW Victory supporters leaving straight after the game was a potential problem...why didn't you wait?

But great turnout - its always good to have your lot in the stadium.

Alright, I'm a regular at Hindmarsh but not part of The Gate or others. I rock up, enjoy the game with a mate or two and then walk to my car and drive home, so I may be missing something here.

But my question with the above is simply if PC and Dasher39 KNEW Victory supporters leaving straight after the game was a potential problem...why didn't you wait?

But great turnout - its always good to have your lot in the stadium.

I'm not God. I don't have the power to stop the morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were a joke for most of the match. We couldn't even keep the ball for 10 seconds for large parts and Adelaide definitely deserved the win.

You can say we defended well, but that's about the only positive thing. Our attack was nowhere.

It's also frustrating to see how we looked like scoring in the last 10 minutes. Why couldn't we do that earlier? We've played like that all season away from home. He could've brought in Caceres for at least 20 minutes or so.

It'll be a surprise if we beat Adelaide next week. You only need to have seen a couple of our last 7 or so home games to know we can't make the game unless our opponent gives us the space. Adelaide won't give us any, so how are we going to score? Another Muscat free kick straight into the wall? :rolleyes:

I thought we were a joke for most of the match. We couldn't even keep the ball for 10 seconds for large parts and Adelaide definitely deserved the win.

You can say we defended well, but that's about the only positive thing. Our attack was nowhere.

It's also frustrating to see how we looked like scoring in the last 10 minutes. Why couldn't we do that earlier? We've played like that all season away from home. He could've brought in Caceres for at least 20 minutes or so.

It'll be a surprise if we beat Adelaide next week. You only need to have seen a couple of our last 7 or so home games to know we can't make the game unless our opponent gives us the space. Adelaide won't give us any, so how are we going to score? Another Muscat free kick straight into the wall? :rolleyes:

Agree - our inability to maintain possession was embarrassing. But I think our counter attacking game has masked that away from home a bit. Quite often we would struggle then catch a side on the break.

And our set pieces are still very very poor. Why is Simon Storey taking corners? We worked a couple of nice free kicks early in the season, but lately we haven't looked like scoring. If I see a short corner next week I'll be furious.

And our set pieces are still very very poor. Why is Simon Storey taking corners? We worked a couple of nice free kicks early in the season, but lately we haven't looked like scoring. If I see a short corner next week I'll be furious.

I don't get the anger towards the short corner. You said yourself our set pieces are ordinary. We're ********e if we go long or ********e if we go short. What do we do?

I did the same, wearing all my MVFC gear (and a Storm shirt) and walked straight back to the car on Port Rd. It's not hard to stay out of trouble if you're not looking for it. Having said that I was a lot closer to the main grandstand than the majority of MVFC supporters, I was near the family that had the banner saying "Our Brazilians are smoother than yours"

All I can say is fair play to the Adelaide bloke that had a fair dinkum dip at one of his own at about the 75 min mark. This bloke (that looked like your usual wifebeating moron) had been sprouting sh*t all day from his mouth, every second word was a swear word, despite kids and children all around and had been doing his one man chant of "Same old Melbourne, always cheating" for the ENTIRE ********ING GAME BY HIMSELF.

Anyway he threw his beer on the ground because an Adelaide player was offside (Clearly too) and the convo went like this.

Normal bloke - Oi, don't f*cking throw sh*t on the ground
Wifebeater - Are you gonna f*cking stop me?
NB - Everyone around here has listened to your sh*t all day, just don't f*cking do it.

Hats off to him if he posts here. :thumbsu:

Anyway onto my analysis of the game, as this thread is going off-track very quickly.

We clearly went very defensive after about 15 minutes, but if anyone saw our formation and original selection, it is clear why.

Code:
                              Theokiltos
Storey      Leijer                           Vargas      Pantelidis
                                Byrnes
                     Brebner             Muscat
                                 Fred
            Allsopp                          Thompson

It was very narrow, no width. We play so much better with width.

Anyway Vargas was unbelievably good yesterday, his yellow was a joke too, 100% ball. Clear MOTM for us. Leijer and Storey were also great, and Brebner worked hard.

Pantelidis is a joke at left back, Dodd and Alagich spent the whole 90 running rings around him. I would have Byrnes there next week, bring Caceres into the midfield and have a normal 4-4-2 with Fred having a free role.

Watching The World Game yesterday, Fozzie, Branko and Andrew were really gunning for Melbourne to host the Grand Final so it could be played at the MCG. If Adelaide win next week, will the game be moved from Hindmarsh to Footy Park or the Adelaide Oval?

Was part of the travelling crew and it was fantastic to see such numbers (+1000) who made the trip across. Policing and security was a joke, I have no idea why they let us out at the same time. You can say what you want about the behaviour of some of our fans, but questions must be asked when (a very small minority) of Adelaide fans threw coins at us AGAIN during the match.

Anyway, we proved we are the best supporters in the league. The Gate should hang their heads as they only chanted and sang for about 50% of the match. We were non-stop for about two hours, from the moment we arrived until after the game. So many fans showed commitment to the team by travelling across the border and it really deserves an applause.

Anyway, we proved we are the best supporters in the league. The Gate should hang their heads as they only chanted and sang for about 50% of the match. We were non-stop for about two hours, from the moment we arrived until after the game. So many fans showed commitment to the team by travelling across the border and it really deserves an applause.

I noticed that as well, but i'm already hated enough here, so i didn't want to mention that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back