Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Instead of weekly finals threads like previous seasons I will make the elimination finals and the two legs Semis all under one thread to help traffic. The Grand Final thread will still be a separate thread. Looks like an open finals series will City go back to back? can Victory be the first team to go from wooden spoon to Champions in one season? Can Adelaide continue their impressive form and go all the way? Will CCM be the outside dark horse? Can the Nix go all the way from sixth? Whatever the outcome it promises to be an entertaining finals series.

A-League Finals Week one The Elimination Finals

Saturday 14th May
Western United V Wellington Phoenix
7:45pm EST 9:45pm NZLT, AAMI Park (live on Channel 10, check local guides)

Sunday 15th May
Adelaide United V Central Coast Mariners
4:05pm EST 3:35pm CST, Coopers Stadium (live on Ten Bold, check local guides)

Predictions: WU 2-1 Adel 3-2

enjoy the finals series everyone.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I’m sure you do, but something tells me a few teams won’t let City get the dunny seat as easily as they did last season.

Probably. Still it's nice we are starting to add to our growing cabinet and tbh, the Vuck are the team that does worry me the most mate.

Probably. Still it's nice we are starting to add to our growing cabinet and tbh, the Vuck are the team that does worry me the most mate.

Anything can happen mate that’s the beauty of a finals series! To me the team to worry about is Adelaide United currently on a five game winning streak and looking very impressive.

I’m sure you do, but something tells me a few teams won’t let City get the dunny seat as easily as they did last season.

Easy last season? No Maclaren, Metcalf, Good due to Socceroos duty. Nabbout tore his adductor weeks out and Noone didn't play finals due to a hammy.

Home semi final moved to Sydney to play Macarthur due to Covid. We had to play Tilio and Colakovski up front.

Anything can happen mate that’s the beauty of a finals series! To me the team to worry about is Adelaide United currently on a five game winning streak and looking very impressive.

You can make a case for any team in the 6.

CCM also on a 5 game winning streak too 4v5 is a clinker of 2 red hot teams.

A Rundown on how the Finals series will work

A rundown of the top six finals teams

Not a huge fan of the 2 leg semis (that opinion might change depending how it impacts City 😂). But I'm all for more football.

I really like our chances this week at least.
Shame it's not at Ballarat!

There was a crazy stat mentioned on Monday night, not sure how factually correct it is, but Wellington have 0 points in games where they've conceded first which was 10 or 11 from memory.

So the key for the Phoenix is don't concede first.

Shame it's not at Ballarat!

There was a crazy stat mentioned on Monday night, not sure how factually correct it is, but Wellington have 0 points in games where they've conceded first which was 10 or 11 from memory.

So the key for the Phoenix is don't concede first.

Yea, I heard them mention that. Pretty amazing stat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here is a simple run down of the finals structure

280652652_10160165099047728_4364367455915921523_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back