A-League A-League Men Round 13 - Unexpected Match Of The Round

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mother*er thinks he should walk into a top tier league to coach?

Good luck getting an opportunity in anything on par with the A League

He played for United, he'd have contacts in England.

He played for United, he'd have contacts in England.

Management career​

Early career​

On 21 April 2019, Yorke was interviewed for the vacant role at National league side Sutton United, Sutton would appoint Matt Gray Instead.[41]

On 12 November 2021, Aston Villa appointed Steven Gerrard as their new manager. Yorke said he was disappointed not to be hired instead.[42]

On 21 April 2022 it was revealed that Yorke was being considered for the vacant manager's position at Perth Glory in the Australian A-League Men. Yorke responded to the speculation by stating "I don't want to be just handed the job on the back of my playing achievements. I want to earn the job the traditional Perth Glory way - by being hired as an assistant then taking over once the head coach gets sacked and the club has carried out a worldwide search."[43]

On 25 May 2022, Yorke managed the A-Leagues All Stars in their 3–2 loss against FC Barcelona.[44]

Macarthur FC​

On 1 July 2022, Yorke became the new manager of A-League Men side Macarthur FC, replacing Ante Milicic to become the club’s second ever manager.[45] Exactly three months later, he led the club towards its first ever trophy after winning the 2022 Australia Cup Final.

Following a meeting with club chairman Gino Marra, Yorke parted ways with the Bulls in January 2023, one day after a 1-0 loss to Adelaide United.[46]

Management career​

Early career​

On 21 April 2019, Yorke was interviewed for the vacant role at National league side Sutton United, Sutton would appoint Matt Gray Instead.[41]

On 12 November 2021, Aston Villa appointed Steven Gerrard as their new manager. Yorke said he was disappointed not to be hired instead.[42]

On 21 April 2022 it was revealed that Yorke was being considered for the vacant manager's position at Perth Glory in the Australian A-League Men. Yorke responded to the speculation by stating "I don't want to be just handed the job on the back of my playing achievements. I want to earn the job the traditional Perth Glory way - by being hired as an assistant then taking over once the head coach gets sacked and the club has carried out a worldwide search."[43]

On 25 May 2022, Yorke managed the A-Leagues All Stars in their 3–2 loss against FC Barcelona.[44]

Macarthur FC​

On 1 July 2022, Yorke became the new manager of A-League Men side Macarthur FC, replacing Ante Milicic to become the club’s second ever manager.[45] Exactly three months later, he led the club towards its first ever trophy after winning the 2022 Australia Cup Final.

Following a meeting with club chairman Gino Marra, Yorke parted ways with the Bulls in January 2023, one day after a 1-0 loss to Adelaide United.[46]
Ok? Just pointing out plenty have been handed top jobs based on their playing career.

Ok? Just pointing out plenty have been handed top jobs based on their playing career.
It's usually straight out of their playing days though. He hasn't played for over a decade and can't see many clubs wanting someone who belittles players coming into the club.

Management career​

Early career​

Macarthur FC​

Doesn't want to be handed the top job without working for it despite being upset he wasn't given the top job at a club in one of the best leagues in the world, and then gets handed a job, without doing enough research on what the club is and where Campletown is. He seems like a smart cookie.

Doesn't want to be handed the top job without working for it despite being upset he wasn't given the top job at a club in one of the best leagues in the world, and then gets handed a job, without doing enough research on what the club is and where Campletown is. He seems like a smart cookie.
Probably got all his info from Bozza.

It's usually straight out of their playing days though. He hasn't played for over a decade and can't see many clubs wanting someone who belittles players coming into the club.

To be honest, seems like the Macarthur players are a bit soft if they couldn't handle being called pub league players.

Fancy them playing under someone like Jock Stein or Don Revie (or even SAF) ?

To be honest, seems like the Macarthur players are a bit soft if they couldn't handle being called pub league players.

Where was the suggestion they 'couldn't handle' that label? it was a conversation with senior management of the club.

The players didn't even know he was gone.

It seems like it was an attack on the whole competition and the clubs management. If the talk was on the players not playing well then it's more likely seen as acceptable by the clubs owners. The articles I've seen suggest what was said "shocked" staff and players which to me means it was pretty bad.
Also appears to have been the straw that broke the camels back.

If what has been mentioned is true, he won't be at Sydney and he will be on the next plane out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back