A-League Men Round 14 - Fast and Furious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League men Round 14, A Big week with games coming in fast and furious to make up for all the postponements earlier in the season. The pick of the matches are on Saturday a few important matches that will shakeup the top six!

A-League Men Round 14

Wednesday 16th February
Wellington Phoenix V Brisbane Roar 5:25pm ESDT 4:25pm EST 8:25pm NZLT, Leichhardt Oval
Western Sydney Wanderers V Melbourne Victory 7:55pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium

Friday 18th February
Melbourne City V Newcastle Jets 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Saturday 19th February
Wellington Phoenix V Sydney F.C 5:05pm ESDT 8:05pm NZLT, Leichhardt Oval
Melbourne Victory V Central Coast Mariners 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park (Live on Channel10 Melb check local guides)
Macarthur F.C V Adelaide United 7:45pm ESDT 7:15pm CSDT, Campbelltown stadium (Live on Channel10 Syd/Adel check local guides)

Sunday 20th February
Perth Glory V Brisbane Roar 4:05pm ESDT 3:05pm EST 1:05pm WST, University Of Tasmania stadium
Western United V Western Sydney Wanderers 6:35pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Tuesday 22nd February
Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners 7:55pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Prediction: Nix 2-1 WSW V Vic 1-1 City 3-0 Syd 2-1 Vic 2-1 Adel 1-0 Bris 2-0 WU 1-0 City 2-0

Try to keep up and enjoy the football this week

Last edited:

A-League men Round 14, A Big week with games coming in fast and furious to make up for all the postponements earlier in the season. The pick of the matches are on Saturday a few important matches that will shakeup the top six!

A-League Men Round 14

Wednesday 16th February
Wellington Phoenix V Brisbane Roar 5:25pm ESDT 4:25pm EST 8:25pm NZLT, Leichhardt Oval
Western Sydney Wanderers V Melbourne Victory 7:55pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium

Friday 18th February
Melbourne City V Newcastle Jets 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Saturday 19th February
Wellington Phoenix V Sydney F.C 5:05pm ESDT 8:05pm NZLT, Leichhardt Oval
Melbourne Victory V Central Coast Mariners 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park (Live on Channel10 Melb check local guides)
Macarthur F.C V Adelaide United 7:45pm ESDT 7:15pm CSDT, Campbelltown stadium (Live on Channel10 Syd/Adel check local guides)

Sunday 20th February
Perth Glory V Brisbane Roar 4:05pm ESDT 3:05pm EST 1:05pm WST, University Of Tasmania stadium
Western United V Western Sydney Wanderers 6:35pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Tuesday 22nd February
Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners 7:55pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Prediction: Nix 2-1 WSW V Vic 1-1 City 3-0 Syd 2-1 Vic 2-1 Adel 1-0 Bris 2-0 WU 1-0 City 2-0

Try to keep up and enjoy the football this week
Rather than show AUFC in Adelaide, 10 in thejr infinite wisdom giving us the other game by the looks. This league just cant get anything right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being on a lap of the country I've not seen much A-League this year. But obviously the Garuccio goal is all over twitter.

I know people have been very critical of the technical side of Paramount+ - but damn the production following that goal was good. I love it when you get the series of replays where every replay makes the goal look better.

Goal of the year contender, full round of games, and less than a page of comments. The move to Paramount has been huge for the league...

League's on life support and quite frankly the convenient excuse of covid just doesn't cut it anymore for mine. we won't qualify for the wc, the domestic league is behind a paywall no one others with. In serious trouble imo

Goal of the year contender, full round of games, and less than a page of comments. The move to Paramount has been huge for the league...

League's on life support and quite frankly the convenient excuse of covid just doesn't cut it anymore for mine. we won't qualify for the wc, the domestic league is behind a paywall no one others with. In serious trouble imo

Agree it’s been a slow burn, not sure what else can be done the league is what it is. I guess it’s found it’s place in our sporting landscape for now. Say how good the league was in its early days as much as you like the truth is the novelty of the league was never gonna be sustainable. Sure it hurts losing that walk ups and casual fans viewership but as long as we can keep the hardcore fans and active support particularly in Melbourne and Sydney going the league can build up again on that base. worrying is WSW decline on and off field just like Victory in Melbourne a strong WSW in Sydney will do a lot to help the league get back on track to something more respectable. Sydney FC moving back to their home at the SFS also would help whenever that happens. Perth not playing at home hasn’t help either they had a great turnout for their first home game of the season and haven’t been back! hopefulily crowds will come out in the West in stronge numbers when they get back next month. So COVID aside there still are factors to consider why the league is where it currently is.

As for Paramount I think football fans are finding out how convenient FOX was.

Agree it’s been a slow burn, not sure what else can be done the league is what it is. I guess it’s found it’s place in our sporting landscape for now. Say how good the league was in its early days as much as you like the truth is the novelty of the league was never gonna be sustainable. Sure it hurts losing that walk ups and casual fans viewership but as long as we can keep the hardcore fans and active support particularly in Melbourne and Sydney going the league can build up again on that base. worrying is WSW decline on and off field just like Victory in Melbourne a strong WSW in Sydney will do a lot to help the league get back on track to something more respectable. Sydney FC moving back to their home at the SFS also would help whenever that happens. Perth not playing at home hasn’t help either they had a great turnout for their first home game of the season and haven’t been back! hopefulily crowds will come out in the West in stronge numbers when they get back next month. So COVID aside there still are factors to consider why the league is where it currently is.

As for Paramount I think football fans are finding out how convenient FOX was.
Similar to the BBL, I think the leagues have noticed that spending up on big-name players hasn't increased the TV deals so may as well play moneyball and tick along with decent players and higher profit margins. Of course, this hurts longer term and we're starting to see that now across both codes...

When we do spend up the players flop or are always injured but that's poor recruiting. Anyone could have said eternally injured players will get injured again so don't bother but we need another ADP (or 3) and it'll cost money to do that.

Not qualifying for the WC will be a real kick in the plums. We need that boost in casual viewing/interest

What covid has done is made people get new habits. No longer are we in the habit of going to the game, these leagues need to get people back somehow. Starts with quality on-field imo. Diabolical at times watching A-League where the first reaction is to go backwards, often back from the final 3rd to the keeper. Standards need to improve massively, spend on some players to get the fans full and have another crack at growth. Can't just tick along like this, won't won't survive beyond the Paramount deal

The AFL has just posted a massive loss last year. This season's been all over the shop with postponements and the like. Next season we'll have Paramount + built into TVs and foxtel boxes. We'll have a normal fixture - mid week games do not work in Australia (no choice really with all the catchup games).

The A League has just got a massive long term cash injection from silver lake. Long term it's a very attractive proposition - there will be some short term pain due covid but long term things are looking very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back