Not open for further replies.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 14 and we have the traditional Australia Day Big Blue clash but this season its important from the wrong end of the table. With both teams struggling it will be a clash to avoid the bottom of the table. In other matches we have the 'Distance Derby' between the Nix V Perth with both teams in form it should be a cracking match. We also have a top four clash between CCM V Wanderers a win for either will cement their top four prospects.

A-League Round 14

Thursday 26th January
Melbourne Victory V Sydney F.C 6:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Friday 27th January
Newcastle Jets V Brisbane Roar 7:45pm ESDT, 6:45pm EST, McDonald Jones Stadium

Saturday 28th January
Wellington Phoenix V Perth Glory 1:00pm ESDT 3:00pm NZLT, Sky Stadium
Macarthur F.C V Western United 5:0pm ESDT, Campbelltown Stadium
Central Coast Mariners V Western Sydney Wanderers 7:45pm ESDT, Industree Group Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Sunday 28th January
Melbourne City V Adelaide United 3:00pm ESDT, 2:30pm CSDT, AAMI Park (Live on 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Predictions: VIC 2-1, NEW V Bris 1-1 MAC 1-0 CCM 2-2 City 3-1

Enjoy the football this unofficial long long weekend.

Last edited:

royboy2

Average Old Bastard
Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Might go tomorrow, now that I'm allowed back

Elmer_Judd

Everyone's favourite grouch
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have the feeling will be the final time The Big Blue on Australia Day (least in its current date)

Many players like Luke Brattan have spoken out saying they feel very uncomfortable playing on this contentious and controversial day, and I can honestly understand why.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Suspended
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
I have the feeling will be the final time The Big Blue on Australia Day (least in its current date)

Many players like Luke Brattan have spoken out saying they feel very uncomfortable playing on this contentious and controversial day, and I can honestly understand why.
Sounds like the little pommy brat needs a good talking to, and perhaps a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

It’s not going anywhere mate, having attended this match in the past it’s a coming together of all cultures hence Unite, which is what Australia Day should be about imo. As long as there is an Australia Day public holiday The match will be played on Australian Day. If rat face Brattan doesn’t like it he can chose not to play.

Last edited:

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
It’s not going anywhere mate, having attended this match in the past it’s a coming together of all cultures hence Unite, which is what Australia Day should be about imo. As long as there is an Australia Day public holiday The match will be played on Australian Day. If rat face Brattan doesn’t like it he can chose not to play.

It's not a coming together of cultures, which is the entire point.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Suspended
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
I'm barricking for MV tonight, Syd the weak campaigners you can score goals from the centre line against them!

Greenery

🐉
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
What a hit brimmer!
Redmayne exposing his goal a bit too much there.

Elmer_Judd

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Good goal by Brimmer but I feel like Redmayne could have comfortably stopped it if he positioning was right.

He has been terribly out of form for most of the season, probably needs to considering hanging up the gloves at season's end

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Been a decent game so far both teams have missed reasonable chances.

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
Who tf is this sideline commentator.

"It's been end to end. It's been a good contest. I think Sydney have been better. Yeah, it's been end to end, a good contest, Sydney have probably had the better of it. The action has been quite end to end..."

Come on mate.

Elmer_Judd

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Happy to see Bimbi smiling at the end.

He is a class act.

Unfortunately the Vuck are in the box seat to win another wooden spoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AussieHool

Senior List
Nov 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Yet their club's active supporter group is called "The Cove", and I'm guessing it's not because they also like to sail boats in their spare time. It's named after the landing spot of the invasion, to celebrate it for that very reason.

Greenery

🐉
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
wow what a result wasn’t expecting that Go Jets!

I do hope they can keep it up. A lot of quality there.

As for Brisbane, probably time to sack Moon or at least abandon the Brexit ball that Fowler started.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pub league defending my the Roar. 😂

Last edited:

gaskin

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2009
Gator Hater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks, UGA
Absolutely ridiculous red card for Payne. I have not seen one person say it should have been red. This league is a joke at times.

Elmer_Judd

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Pretty good header from David Williams, can't believe he is still in the A League, only inaugural Melbourne Heart squad member still kicking around AFAIK

gaskin

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2009
Gator Hater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The last 3 games Dowse has come on and put in numerous brilliant crosses that have turned into goals in each game. The fact that Reuben still refuses to start him is mind boggling.

gaskin

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2009
Gator Hater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
2 of my mates are trying to argue that the red card for Payne was correct. Both are refs so of course they are going to side with the ref. They are the only 2 people I have seen say it was the correct decision.

Aucklander

The Ultimate Warrior
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I got Paramount specifically to watch Wellington play, but I'm about 1 more call away from giving it away completely. I never thought any comp could match the incompetence of the NRL and its refs.

Andonis1997

All-Round Good Guy
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
2 of my mates are trying to argue that the red card for Payne was correct. Both are refs so of course they are going to side with the ref. They are the only 2 people I have seen say it was the correct decision.
That's ridiculous that they're trying to justify that call 😒 Amateurs, the lot of them.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
Drew is such a gun, second winner for Macarthur. Hope he keeps this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad