A-League Men Round 2 - Will Paramount Get It Right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League men round two and hopefully the gremlins that effected the paramount coverage last week can be sorted out. We have a couple of big games notably on Saturday night with Adelaide United against Melbourne City and another local derby between Sydney FC and Macarthur FC.

Round 2 Fixture

Friday 26th November
Western United V Perth Glory, AAMI Park, 7:45pm ESDT 4:45pm WST

Saturday 27th November
Wellington Phoenix V Central Coast Mariners, Wollongong Showgrounds, 5:05pm ESDT, 7:05pm NZLT
Adelaide United V Melbourne City, Hindmarsh Stadium, 7:45pm ESDT 7:15pm CSDT ( live Channel 10, check local guides )
Sydney FC V Macarthur FC, Jubilee Stadium, 7:45pm ESDT

Sunday 28th November
Melbourne Victory V Brisbane Roar, AAMI Park, 4:05pm ESDT 3:05pm EST
Western Sydney Wanderers V Newcastle United, BankWest Stadium, 6:15pm ESDT

Predictions: WUVPerth 1-1 Nix 2-1 City 2-0 Syd 2-1 Vic 1-0 WSW 3-1

Enjoy the football this weekend, hopefully with a more stable framerate.

Didn’t have an issue all weekend. Must of been one of the lucky ones.

Perth 2 0
Nix/CCM 1-1
City 3 0
Sydney 2 0
vic 1 0
Wanderers 1 0

Saturday nights WU V Victory was horrible quality so poor I could hardly workout who the players were. Through admittedly I had no issue on the Friday nights coverage.

As I said last week, we played no pre-season games so this is only the 2nd game for these players. They are all rusty as hell and the cohesion isn't there yet.

You guys also have a pretty brutal fixture coming up, no home games for 6 weeks or so.

I don't know the reasoning for that, but it's pretty rough for the Glory.

You guys also have a pretty brutal fixture coming up, no home games for 6 weeks or so.

I don't know the reasoning for that, but it's pretty rough for the Glory.

The reason is the borders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I say scrap it? I said give us a proper replay of the only big moment of the game. I don't think that's in any way unreasonable. That zoomed in view is literally the only one we got of it.

Who ******* cares. Take the joy out of the game with your microscopic replays if you want.

Who ******* cares. Take the joy out of the game with your microscopic replays if you want.

Isn't this thread about the coverage? Seems a massive oversight to not replay the one big moment of the game.

Fwiw VAR can get in the bin, happy for the goal to stand if the refs called it that way. I hate it and it shouldn't be in any sport.

I have no idea because they didn't show any decent angle of it

Which was the point of my post despite the sooking about what I wrote
Your point is a dumb one. Move on.

Your point is a dumb one. Move on.

His point is a good one. It is the most contentious moment of the match and yet we get no clear (or even semi-clear) replay. That should not be happening in this day and age. You can't tell me they don't have at least one camera along the byline.

His point is a good one. It is the most contentious moment of the match and yet we get no clear (or even semi-clear) replay. That should not be happening in this day and age. You can't tell me they don't have at least one camera along the byline.

Considering an almost identical moment happened in a Hull game during the week with similar angles, I don't really think it can be expected that camera crews are sat on the by line for the one in a hundred games that have an incident needing review down that line. It's just bitching for the sake of it.

Considering an almost identical moment happened in a Hull game during the week with similar angles, I don't really think it can be expected that camera crews are sat on the by line for the one in a hundred games that have an incident needing review down that line. It's just bitching for the sake of it.

Maybe you can point that out in the Hull games coverage thread.

I didn't even ask for camera crews on the byline. Just one replay of the goal from the angles they had slowed down. Didn't even get that. That still shot I posted is from Twitter, paused and zoomed in. I only posted it to show it may have been contentious and maybe should've been discussed. They literally only mentioned it when they interviewed Jones (Glory keeper who said he thought it was out)

If u cant admit that's poor coverage u have some sort of invested interest somewhere

Maybe you can point that out in the Hull games coverage thread.

I didn't even ask for camera crews on the byline. Just one replay of the goal from the angles they had slowed down. Didn't even get that. That still shot I posted is from Twitter, paused and zoomed in. I only posted it to show it may have been contentious and maybe should've been discussed. They literally only mentioned it when interview Jones (Glory keeper who said he thought it was out)

If u cant admit that's poor coverage u have some sort of invested interest somewhere

My point about bringing up that game is it's a common issue of not having a camera on that line, and not unique to Paramount, and not worth whinging about.

I just feel like the sooking about the coverage is tiresome when it's only been one week. Get over it. It's like people are looking for things to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back