A-League A-League Men Round 3 - Big Melbourne Derby!!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And the rats get something like the next 3 of 4 Saturday night games. I hope they get annihilated in each one!

Got the right decision in the end but a shocking call wrecked the game, and we were up in the game and up to our eyeballs in it until this shocker. Likely robbed us of the W. I understand the refs makes mistakes they see it in real speed but how did the VAR uphold the shocker of a call?

Last edited:
Got the right decision in the end but a shocking call wrecked the game, and we were up in the game and up to our eyeballs in it until this shocker. Likely robbed us of the W. I understand the refs makes mistakes the see it in real speed but how did the VAR uphold the shocker of a call?

This is all fine but this crap decision cost us two points, all refs involved with this game need a few weeks off.

I don’t blame the ref in this. He had a split second and can understand how it would of looked to him.

It’s wholly on VAR.

They had all the angles and should of overturned the red.
The problem is (some goes with penalty reviews) the VAR has been instructed that if there is any contact the on field decision stands no matter how slight the contact is. They are only looking if there is contact that's it! Some thing happen Saturday night in the Derby with the bulshit penalty awarded to City on the slightest of touches which the ref waved away initially but the ref was instructed to change his decision because the VAR found contact in the box. (which imo wasn't in the box but that's another issue..)

Last edited:
The problem is (some goes with penalty reviews) the VAR has been instructed that if there is any contact the on field decision stands no matter how slight the contact is. They are only looking if there is contact that's it! Some thing happen Saturday night in the Derby with the bulshit penalty awarded to City on the slightest of touches which the ref waved away initially but the ref was instructed to change his decision because the VAR found contact in the box. (which imo wasn't in the box but that's another issue..)
Rule needs to be fixed.

Haha yes the derby penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back