Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 6 with the omicron variant hanging around us this Christmas the A-League is having to go through some rescheduling. We already have two matches postponed and one match to be played behind closed doors maybe more to come.

A-League Round 6

Thursday 23rd December
Adelaide United V Perth Glory (postponed)

Sunday 26th December
Newcastle Jets V Western Sydney Wanderers (postponed)
Melbourne Victory V Western United 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park (live on channel 10 check local guides)
Macarthur F.C V Sydney F.C 7:45pm ESDT, Campbelltown Stadium

Monday 27th December
Central Coast Mariners V Wellington Phoenix ( Postponed)
Brisbane Roar V Melbourne City (Postponed)

Predictions: New 2-1 Vic 2-1 Mac V Syd 2-2 CCM 2-0

Enjoy the football this weekend and Merry Christmas to all who contribute to the board. Stay safe!

Last edited:

Mariners have a case, ccm/nix is postponed.

Women's game will now be behind closed doors.

If it's omicron that turns into the squad pretty quickly.

Hence why EPL games are being cancelled and the NBA is a joke

if everyone else has tested negative I don’t see an issue.
at this rate mights as well pack up the season because it won’t get finished.

if everyone else has tested negative I don’t see an issue.
at this rate mights as well pack up the season because it won’t get finished.
Well yeah I think that's a real fear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they are wanting to have everyone tested and maybe a short isolation period before resuming. If they did play and one of the members of the squad is actually positive it easily could result in nix players testing positive which will make it more problematic.

Maybe stop testing asymptomatic players and things wont be so difficult?! I know for a fact the players think its a joke and are pissed off at missing games/training etc when not even sick.

Sense has to prevail... doesnt it? I know logic and rona dont coexist but christ itd be nice to make some logical decisions again

Maybe stop testing asymptomatic players and things wont be so difficult?! I know for a fact the players think its a joke and are pissed off at missing games/training etc when not even sick.

Sense has to prevail... doesnt it? I know logic and rona dont coexist but christ itd be nice to make some logical decisions again
I guess the thing is, we don't know what players have underlying health conditions or those in their families.

I think stopping a game based on 1 player is a bit much

So the rule now is that any club with more than 5 cases will be able to postpone their game, any less and it goes on unless you've got serious injuries.

I guess the thing is, we don't know what players have underlying health conditions or those in their families.

I think stopping a game based on 1 player is a bit much
Their family is vaxxed and we cant go on forever tip toeing around the minority of vulnerable people. At some point the world must go on, it is ridiculous as it stands. The cricket is farcical too with potentially moving a test next week. So dumb

Their family is vaxxed and we cant go on forever tip toeing around the minority of vulnerable people. At some point the world must go on, it is ridiculous as it stands. The cricket is farcical too with potentially moving a test next week. So dumb
Whilst I agree we need to go on, it is just sport.

Nix have 3 cases, including a staff member. Still plan to head to SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back