Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Maybe, still reckon it's tinpot though and a lack of ambition from AUFC's part to want to build and move to a bigger and more modern stadium
Ambition is all well and good until you average about 6,000 in a 30,000 venue, outside of derbies, as opposed to a more comfortable 7,000 in a 16,500 venue.

Let's put things into perspective here.
Adelaide, a metropolitan population of 1.3mil, average 7,000, not including the Victory game.
Melbourne, with a population of 5mil approx average 6,000, not including the Victory game. If the city is split into "half" to account for both teams, let's use 2.5mil instead.

Adelaide get 0.53% of our population to normal games. Melbourne City get 0.24%. Ambition is filling out a 16,500 venue week-in week-out, which for years the club averaged near 10k. Ambition is not just being graced with a 30,000 person venue just because you can rent it comfortably.

I may be a Nix member, but don't talk s**t about my pissant town ;)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ambition is all well and good until you average about 6,000 in a 30,000 venue, outside of derbies, as opposed to a more comfortable 7,000 in a 16,500 venue.

Let's put things into perspective here.
Adelaide, a metropolitan population of 1.3mil, average 7,000, not including the Victory game.
Melbourne, with a population of 5mil approx average 6,000, not including the Victory game. If the city is split into "half" to account for both teams, let's use 2.5mil instead.

Adelaide get 0.53% of our population to normal games. Melbourne City get 0.24%. Ambition is filling out a 16,500 venue week-in week-out, which for years the club averaged near 10k. Ambition is not just being graced with a 30,000 person venue just because you can rent it comfortably.

I may be a Nix member, but don't talk s**t about my pissant town ;)

I think Adelaide need a 2nd A League team, it's a proud football state that could easily sustain a 2nd team and a local derby would be fantastic.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I think Adelaide need a 2nd A League team, it's a proud football state that could easily sustain a 2nd team and a local derby would be fantastic.

I can only see Adelaide City that would work they have history and still have enough fans and will create an awesome rivalry with United. Can't see a new club attracting much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back