A League officiating thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
after seeing my side absolutely reamed three times this season against the same side (out of 3 games) and in countless other games am just absolutely sick of the pathetic and arguably corrupt state of officiating in this country. The amount of favouritism sides like Melbourne get is embarassing and it makes the whole idea of a contest kind of pointless.

Paying about $1200 for memberships (2) per season why the * should I bother wasting my money on a corrupt league? They build Adelaide and Melbourne up as the original rivalry but whats the point of a rivalry when officiating dictates that its not an even playing field and is anything but a contest.

If the same standards and rules were applied to the likes of MelbOurne as to other smaller city sides then perhaps the league wouldnt be in such a pathetic state.

A-league officiating is an embarassment but how involved are the ffa with the 'direction' of this officiating?

after seeing my side absolutely reamed three times this season against the same side (out of 3 games) and in countless other games am just absolutely sick of the pathetic and arguably corrupt state of officiating in this country. The amount of favouritism sides like Melbourne get is embarassing and it makes the whole idea of a contest kind of pointless.

Paying about $1200 for memberships (2) per season why the **** should I bother wasting my money on a corrupt league? They build Adelaide and Melbourne up as the original rivalry but whats the point of a rivalry when officiating dictates that its not an even playing field and is anything but a contest.

If the same standards and rules were applied to the likes of MelbOurne as to other smaller city sides then perhaps the league wouldnt be in such a pathetic state.

A-league officiating is an embarassment but how involved are the ffa with the 'direction' of this officiating?

I think you are the embarrassment! do us all a favor and ban yourself pal! talk about a sore loser boy you take the cake.

I think you are the embarrassment! do us all a favor and ban yourself pal! talk about a sore loser boy you take the cake.
Can give you and list all the incidents from all three games this season. Or do you just put your head in the sand? All three games all neutrals have said how hard done by we were. Yet its ok because its your team and it happened three times in one season?

Nice 13k crowd. Sporting city... your crowds are barely better than Adelaide's.

Can give you and list all the incidents from all three games this season. Or do you just put your head in the sand? All three games all neutrals have said how hard done by we were. Yet its ok because its your team and it happened three times in one season?

Nice 13k crowd. Sporting city... your crowds are barely better than Adelaide's.

Cry me a ******* river mate! Your upset I understand but I think you are going a little overboard with your conspiracy.

These a lot of reasons our crowds have been s**t this season and where not the only club to produce small crowds either. 13k isn't good for our standard but I bet it will still be the second biggest crowd this week. and until your pissant town can consistently produce what we have over the years in terms of crowds you have no right to start bagging ours.

Nothing against the club but the league. Many Adelaide fans feel the same way. Whats the point of pumping money into a league that is blatantly corrupt. I can only hope you guys cop three servings of incompently unfavourable bordering on corrupt officiating against the same side one season. You have had it three times against us... and could only beat us once.

Nothing against the club but the league. Many Adelaide fans feel the same way. Whats the point of pumping money into a league that is blatantly corrupt. I can only hope you guys cop three servings of incompently unfavourable bordering on corrupt officiating against the same side one season. You have had it three times against us... and could only beat us once.

We have against Sydney numinous times not just this season but last season too we have also had tight goals against us disallowed and decisions gone against us this season too, including red cards! have I been pissed about it sure but usually it almost always evens itself out over the course of the season. No point getting all sooky over it, it's not going to change anything. Next time it might go your teams way. Refs in this league are shithouse always have been it just comes with the territory.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walked out of a Glory game before half time earlier this year due to poor refereeing.

The OP has a valid point at the extremely poor standard of refereeing, it was bad last year but worse this year.
The officiating on Saturday night of what was deemed a foul, dangerous tackle or retaliation perpetrated by a Victory player as compared to a United Player was poles apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back