A-League Round 1 and season preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight will be an interesting game. Both sides missing a few players but will want to get off to good starts after indifferent off seasons.

The United Reserves are doing OK.

Garbage game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know what to think of City yet after that match two decent goals but also llarge part of just nothing! Hard to read.

Indeed. Brisbane were truly awful. NZ Knights bad. So a misleading score line, and a bad benchmark.

City look fitter/leaner than previous years but skill level upfront was poor. Look like they aren't sharp at all.

Tough test next week.

Shocking! the club is now seven years old and still can't pull crowds even with Timmy (show me the money) Cahil! It's concerning but not surprised. The franchise was always going to be pulling s**t up hill.

They don't exactly represent anything so it's no surprise. At least the wanderers immediately offered a clear divide in territory

Been watching A-League for long? The top level is basically never open for City home games, besides derbies. If you get the bottom level and both ends reasonably full, you're probably looking at a crowd of 13-15k which is excellent, by A-League standards. City was still fifth for average home crowds and third for memberships last year.

Probably didn't help that the Hurstbridge train line (i.e. the train line that pretty much runs next to City's base) was shut down for works from 8:30pm tonight.

Not a great spectacle but I'm just happy with a win and the clean sheet tbh. It was strange to see a City team look defensively competent. Shenkeveld looks a good signing in that area of the park.

Crowd of just under 10k is about average for City. Still a bit of work to be done on that front but improvement there is only going to come from winning. Positive to see 10k members already though which is what we had at the end of last season. Hopefully that number will improve as the season goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back