A-League Round 1 - We Finally Have An Opening!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not that impressed with the Wanderers so far, long season yes but I expected more considering the noises they make during preseason. Looks like another season of all bark but no bite!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nabbout confirmed out for six week! Will be more like twelve weeks for him! Glade Victory got rid of him!

I have it on but I am just glancing at it every now and again.

In years gone by, I would have not bothered with this fizzer of a fixture, but cannot help but feel we need to support the A League more than ever (assuming that Kayo online stream on a Andriod TV counts in the ratings)

Fans have rightly or wrongly potted the FFA and Fox Sports (which is true), but it's also dependant in supporters of the HAL and game in general to keep watching it. Starting to think more midweek night fixtures should be the way to go in future in order to boost ratings and interest (lot of other stuff/sports happening on the weekends at the moment)

Really pisses me off how the Big Bash League (something I don't really care for at all) doing so well compared to the A League.

In years gone by, I would have not bothered with this fizzer of a fixture, but cannot help but feel we need to support the A League more than ever (assuming that Kayo online stream on a Andriod TV counts in the ratings)

Fans have rightly or wrongly potted the FFA and Fox Sports (which is true), but it's also dependant in supporters of the HAL and game in general to keep watching it. Starting to think more midweek night fixtures should be the way to go in future in order to boost ratings and interest (lot of other stuff/sports happening on the weekends at the moment)

Really pisses me off how the Big Bash League (something I don't really care for at all) doing so well compared to the A League.
Im not sure how well the bbl is really going since they changed to the home and away fixture and reduced the games on fta. I am curious as how the actual fan numbers are within the bbl, not just the casual observers (whats the merchandise sales and membership like?).

Fans should watch if they are interested in supporting the league, this season especially as it is essentially a reboot. I am also intereted how the APL construct and promote the league.

Kayo did refuse to give the streaming numbers to rugby Australia in order to deter nine from signing the deal. It will be interesting to see how the broadcast discussions end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back