A-League Round 10 - Will Babbel Survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-league Round ten and an important match for Markus Babbel. Will the Wanderers pull the trigger without a result against Perth?

Friday 13th December
Brisbane Roar V Western United, Suncorp Stadium, 6:30pm EST 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 14th December
Melbourne Victory V Wellington Phoenix, AAMI Park, 5:00pm ESDT (ABC Broadcast match, Check local guides)
Sydney FC V Central Coast Mariners, Jubilee Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT
Perth Glory V Western Sydney Wanderers, NIB Stadium, 6:45pm WST 9:45pm ESDT

Sunday 15th December
Newcastle Jets V Melbourne City, Hunter Stadium, 6:30pm ESDT

Bye: Adelaide United

Predictions: Roar 2-1, Victory 2-0 Syd 4-1 Perth 2-0 NEW V City 1-1

Enjoy your Football this weekend.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I'll always take a 1-0 win against Victory away. Still historically such a tough trip away but I feel like we're slowly not fearing you guys anymore.

No team is fearing us anymore, even the Lalor Utd under16’s will fancy their chance’s against us.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Victory have worst squad in the league (depth wise, front 3 is really good)
No team is fearing us anymore, even the Lalor Utd under16’s will fancy their chance’s against us.
I'm sure they have a deeper squad..
Any idea if Kurz was fully responsible for squad, seems they underspent this offseason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory have worst squad in the league (depth wise, front 3 is really good

I'm sure they have a deeper squad..
Any idea if Kurz was fully responsible for squad, seems they underspent this offseason?

Apparently the rumors is that Kurz wanted nothing to do with the recruiting of the squad, which I find hard to believe but who knows with the way the club is run these days.

Paul Trimboli is the head of the football department and recruiting, so alot of the blame is directed at him which he should cop. But its not the whole picture as they say the rot starts from the head. Trent Jacobs, Anthony DiPietro and his board have a lot more to answer for imo too. Not just on the recruiting but on our release players from last season. Why wasn't Troisi resigned? why was Kosta allowed to just walk to Sydney? why did Antonis leave straight for Korea on the eve of the season did we get a Transfer fee for him? If so it wasn't disclosed. The lazy procedure to find a new coach, All the s**t with the Footscray Park debacle.
The way the club is run something doesn't feel right a lot of poor decisions.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Disgraceful' - Fowler fumes at Rudan after post-match snub | The World Game

Rudan had an angry confrontation with Roar officials including chief executive David Pourre on the Suncorp Stadium pitch after Friday night's match, believing Fowler and his coaching staff had disrespected him.
"I went over to shake hands with the opposition coach or coaches and they weren't around," Rudan said.
"I asked the CEO post-game and he quite surprisingly had a crack as well. I think David's a good guy but for him to come out and swear the way he did ... I know he's under pressure. I know Robbie Fowler's under pressure but I've lost games too ... you go and still respect the opposition coach.
"I know it's a pressure situation and you want to do well but at the same time I was very, very disappointed."
Fowler said he didn't mean to cause offence but wasn't going to wait on the pitch after a defeat while Rudan celebrated with his players.
"I'll say this to anyone in the league, if you are celebrating, I'm not going to wait around, especially when we've just got beat," the Liverpool legend said.
Fowler felt United employed gamesmanship and time-wasting throughout the match, which the visitors won despite Roar having 71 per cent possession.
"I'm disappointed with a lot of things he did as well," Fowler said.
"He's gone up to my CEO and instigated an argument, saying that we're an effing disgrace. For him to be saying that is disgraceful. I think he needs to look at himself.
"He wants to look at the performance of some of his players, going down. You can call it experience if you want - it's cheating. The game doesn't need it."
An unfazed Rudan, whose team is now up to third on the ladder ahead of next Friday's trip to take on Western Sydney at Bankwest Stadium, couldn't have been happier with how his team kept the Roar at bay after establishing their two-goal advantage.
"I thought we were smoking cigars in the second half to be honest with you," Rudan said.
"I thought we were really in control the whole time without the ball.
"The last two games we've controlled the opposition without the ball and I believe it's a fine art being able to play without the ball."

Rudan being an arrogant c*nt as usual. "Smoking Cigars" ha! WU couldn't even score against any of the top teams! Try and beat a team that isn't bottom two with that dyer game plan you prick! oh and shake hands first than celebrate! Don't expect the losing coach to hang around to greed your arrogant ass.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The annual Melbourne Fart/City implosion around Christmas will continue with a loss to the Jest on Sunday. I fully expect us to lose the Derby at Seagull Park next week too, it's what we do at Real Mel-bourne 🥴🥴🥴

What do you think the crowd will be in next week derby? with Victory not doing so well and City gorging the prices in the Victory away bay again! I ain't going. I think it's gonna be one of the lowest Derby crowds in years!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
What do you think the crowd will be in next week derby? with Victory not doing so well and City gorging the prices in the Victory away bay again! I ain't going. I think it's gonna be one of the lowest Derby crowds in years!

Yeah looks like it and btw, I am not happy with the City Footy Group's decision to hike the away bay prices. It's both petty and unnecessary. I never go to away Derby games on principal (don't like giving Victory money) but we (Melbourne City) can't really afford to be pricks about the entry for MVFC fans, we need all the big crowds we can get.

I would understanding the reasoning if they thought having more Victory than City fans there would be a bad look, but this always seems like pure greed by the club to me, and it's not the club's philosophy that I so embraced when I signed up for Melbourne Heart from day one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Don't really have any sympathy for Fowler.
Rudan has sussed out the league bringing in genuine stars and sitting back against garbage teams which lack quality to break them down.

Then you've got fowler who's filled his squad with league 1 and league 2 players who are average at best in the A league, no other decent imports. Then he's complaining about the salary cap.
His squad is awful and he better hope their contracts expire soon else Roar are gonna be bad for a while more.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't really have any sympathy for Fowler.
Rudan has sussed out the league bringing in genuine stars and sitting back against garbage teams which lack quality to break them down.

Then you've got fowler who's filled his squad with league 1 and league 2 players who are average at best in the A league, no other decent imports. Then he's complaining about the salary cap.
His squad is awful and he better hope their contracts expire soon else Roar are gonna be bad for a while more.

It did seem that Fowler left quite quickly after the final siren, which I get why Rudan would be upset by it. Rudans side has been helped by having a larger salary cap (focusing on a very old squad) and starting from zero, rather than attempting to build a side on shaky foundations (and attempting to rebuild those foundations), Fowler has also said that he is still getting use to how the salary cap works and the little rules that he can extort to get those better players in.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
It did seem that Fowler left quite quickly after the final siren, which I get why Rudan would be upset by it. Rudans side has been helped by having a larger salary cap (focusing on a very old squad) and starting from zero, rather than attempting to build a side on shaky foundations (and attempting to rebuild those foundations), Fowler has also said that he is still getting use to how the salary cap works and the little rules that he can extort to get those better players in.
All of Roar's internationals from last year were out of contract, he had a clean slate from that regard.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
went last night, missed majority of the first half because storms cut power and trains were stuck. Then what I saw on the field was enough to pull the pin for the rest of the season. seriously average players in the squad.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Horrendous. And blatant cheating from the Wellington player as well with the legs up and down and clutching the face in agony. If there was any contact it was very very minimal. For the third week in a row referees winning games for the Phoenix and their players playacting going unpunished. An absolute disgrace to the league they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back