A-League - Round 14: Gold Coast United v Melbourne Heart

Remove this Banner Ad

All discussion for the A-League Round 14 match between Gold Coast United & Melbourne Heart may be posted in this thread. It will be stickied until next Tuesday.

BROADCAST DETAILS:

Sunday 8th January 2012

LIVE - FOX SPORTS 1 - 6:30pm EDT, 6pm CDT, 5:30pm EST, 3:30pm WST

Starting 11: Bolton, Marrone, Hamill, Good, Behich, Fred, Thompson, Hoffman, Dugandzic, Babalj, Worm.
Bench: Mattei, Sarkies, Williams, Terra.

Changes to the starting lineup. Without Madaschi or Collosimo in the back line i think we'll be quite weak across the back, so hopefully the young boys step up today. Fred back into the mid field hopefully will relieve the pressure of the backline as well. Should be a very interesting game with GCU improved form of late.

Big game for the Heart today - seem to be saying that a lot of the last few weeks! A win takes us back to 2nd with a game in hand over the Roar, do its important to get the result today.

Fred is back, and Sarkies has been named on the bench.

Madaschi is out with an injury, so his stint with the club is over. Colosimo is also out, so Hamill and Good will start in defence.

Not overly confident going into this one, potential banana-skin for us (Heart), particularly with GC in reasonable form. Three points would lift us into a clear second with a game in hand on the Roar though, so there's massive incentive!

GCU unlucky not to be level, controlled most of the last 20-25 minutes. Fred is a shame, we need to give him a proper rest and stop rushing him back when he isn't ready (no matter what Fred says!).

GCU unlucky not to be level, controlled most of the last 20-25 minutes. Fred is a shame, we need to give him a proper rest and stop rushing him back when he isn't ready (no matter what Fred says!).

Yeah after the bright start we made, we have been poor the last 20 minutes or so. Just lazy passing, showboating and slack marking.

Really hold my breath with Good and Hammil together. Good gets lost, just too inexperienced. Great talent but needs time. Hammil not senior enough to keep him in check. Madashi going is gonna hurt.

Sarkies was the positive, actually moved the ball well, his passing was great and he got an all important goal.

Need to get Behich more involved, plus Dugandzic.

More goals in this one thats for sure.

Lucky not to concede, Bolton made some good saves to keep us in it. Disappointing but we're really missing Fred and Germano, need to get them back!

We were battered, very lucky to get away with a point in the end.

I certainly hope they didn't bring Fred back a game too early, or else we might have lost him for even longer now. Our next three games are at home, albeit tough fixtures against Perth, CCM and Brisbane, but if we pick up the lion's share of the points we'd be almost assured of a finals spot. Our defending of set pieces without an experienced centre back is ordinary, and that's where I'm most concerned.

Also, big rap for Clint Bolton. He's in brilliant form at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back