Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 17 and its back the Melbourne Derby this time at AAMI Park can Victory Bounce back or will City dish up another drubbing?
Also another big match is the Sydney FC V Adelaide United in context in the make up of the top 6.

A-League Round 17

Friday 16th April
Western Sydney Wanderers V Brisbane Roar, BankWest Stadium, 7:05pm EST

Saturday 17th April
Western United FC V Central Coast Mariners, UTAS Stadium Launceston, 5:05pm EST
Melbourne City V Melbourne Victory, AAMI Park, 7:10pm EST

Sunday 18th April
Sydney FC V Adelaide United, Leichardt Oval, 4:05pm EST
Macarthur FC V Newcastle United Jets, Campbelltown Stadium, 6:10pm EST
Perth Glory V Wellington Phoenix, NIB Stadium, 6:15pm WST, 8:15pm EST

Predictions: WSW V Bris 1-1 CM 2-1 City 3-0 Syd V Adel 2-2 Mac 2-0 Peth 2-1

looks like a normal fixture for a change so enjoy the football this weekend.

Re Tassie, just quickly:

- most of the crowd is in the main stand on the camera side. I only watched a bit, but I couldn’t get a good read on crowd

- no one in Melbourne gives a s**t about Western, I’m not sure why Tasmanians would be expected to. This dogshit franchise built on secrecy and lies is part of the reason tassie didn’t get a look in.

- nothing’s changed in the 13 years since I left Tassie! No one coordinates the major events down there, and when you’re relying on largely theatre-goer audiences, you can’t have NBLx3, A-Leaguex2, V8 Supercars and AFL all on in Launceston in the space of 2 weekends. People don’t have the money, and theatre goers don’t have the inclination.

craigos was it u who asked about this in the Victory thread?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Traore should get extra weeks if the A-League is in any way serious about respect for referees.

Traore should also never get the captains armband if Victory are in any way serious about player standards (though this is the club that not only employed Muscat as a player but also as a coach so I am not expecting much there).

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Traore should get extra weeks if the A-League is in any way serious about respect for referees.

Traore should also never get the captains armband if Victory are in any way serious about player standards (though this is the club that not only employed Muscat as a player but also as a coach so I am not expecting much there).

I agree with you on Traore absolutely pathetic what the did. But what the club is lacking atm is a Muscat type captain/coach!
I don't think Muscat disrespected the armband or the club like Traore did tonight. Say what you want about Muscats as a player but as a personality on and off the field he was a born leader!

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree with you on Traore absolutely pathetic what the did. But what the club is lacking atm is a Muscat type captain/coach!
I don't think Muscat disrespected the armband or the club like Traore did tonight. Say what you want about Muscats as a player but as a personality on and off the field he was a born leader!

The tackle on Zahra and his subsequent reaction told me all I ever needed to know about him.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The tackle on Zahra and his subsequent reaction told me all I ever needed to know about him.

Yeah that was bad I admit and I was disgusted with him at the time. But his leadership was a big reason the club was successful while he was captain and coach. No surprise the club has gone to s**t since he's left.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
No foresight with these buffons, everyone at the club should sack themselves!
The press conference hinted that Brebner may stay at the club, just not in the coaching role (might be a contract/payout related thing).

Who knows, maybe the popa deal is all but done, but can't name him yet officially.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The press conference hinted that Brebner may stay at the club, just not in the coaching role (might be a contract/payout related thing).

Who knows, maybe the popa deal is all but done, but can't name him yet officially.

Kind of hoping it's Harry Kewell for the melts:)

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix

I didn't read it like that, more like he is still going to be a part of Victory's history as a championship winning player.

Crazy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back