A-League Round 17 - The 'Real' Melbourne Derby Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington and the Breakers winning in Perth. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

What's the Breakers plans this season? I only ask cos I know that they were in my old home town of Launceston last week. Are they based in Tassie ahead of the Jack Jumpers coming in or are they COVID nomads this season?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Popa told them to get flipped eh ?

tenor.gif

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't think he was even seriously in the frame, All a media beat up!
He wouldn't be able to get started for atleast 2 weeks. So ... maybe just a practical thing of starting fresh next season.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
What's the Breakers plans this season? I only ask cos I know that they were in my old home town of Launceston last week. Are they based in Tassie ahead of the Jack Jumpers coming in or are they COVID nomads this season?

They're heading back to NZ for a stretch of 9 to 10 games last I read.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
They're heading back to NZ for a stretch of 9 to 10 games last I read.
Didn't realise it was that many games back in nz. I think they were playing home games in Melbourne, acouple in country Vic and some in tassie

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Didn't realise it was that many games back in nz. I think they were playing home games in Melbourne, acouple in country Vic and some in tassie

"But as coach Dan Shamir revealed afterwards, it was a performance not without its challenges as his players picked up the pieces from an agonising overtime defeat to the Perth Wildcats at the same venue on Tuesday. That had been quickly followed by news they would not return to New Zealand until mid-May for seven straight home games – a month after the opening of the trans-Tasman bubble."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He built the Wanderers.

Yeah, but the overwhelming majority of that squad (at least the ones that played regularly) were all established players and in the 25+ age bracket. You can't rebuild a squad with old players. He showed at the Glory that he was against playing young players that were not his kids and or transfers in were all guys around the 30+ age bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back