North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
The round that was...

upload_2017-1-24_2-3-43.png

upload_2017-1-24_2-4-21.png

-----

Tips:

Melbourne Victory vs. Sydney FC - 2-1 (33k)

The Big Blue! and also first vs. second.
Should be a great game with a healthy crowd.
Predicting Victory to hand Sydney their first loss of the season.

Newcastle vs. Melbourne City - 1-3 (12k)

Tentatively predicting us to get all 3pts.
Still it's a danger game and the Jets aren't a bad outfit this season.
Need to take our chances and not play like that 2nd half against CCM!

Central Coast vs. Perth Glory - 1-3 (9k)

Sadly for CCM i'm expecting them to struggle with Perth.
Who despite being inconsistent have plenty of goals in them.
CCM are defensively not very good already conceding 34 against for the season.
Not much worse than Perth's defensive record though, could be a shootout with BTTS!

Brisbane Roar vs. WSW - 1-1 (13K)

Hard to get a read on these sides.
Both got a win last week finally.
I can see this being a draw, possibly very low scoring or no goals at all.

Adelaide Utd vs. Wellington Phoenix - 2-2 (10k)

Can't split these sides tbh.
Adelaide beat them at home earlier in the season.
They also held on for a 0-0 draw in NZ as well.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Big Blue will be a cracking game. Sydney wins and the Premiership is there's, Melbourne win and we don't have to hear Sydney talk about invincibility anymore and there will be some doubt in their minds.

We need a win, and we should win.

4-0 to the Nix I say.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Pretty pumped for tonights match actually.
No EPL this weekend so i'm looking forward to the HAL more than usual this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Great finish but a rare poor bit of defending by Sydney.

How will the walking egos respond ??

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Barely had a shot yet they are still level.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Dear oh dear that was horrid.

Gosh tonight was awful. For the first 25-30 minutes or so it was a really fun game to watch, and the Victory were looking really good.

The fact that we turned to s**t after that, and the fact that it got a lot more boring and scrappy probably suggests that Sydney were just able to make some adjustments on the run and play it on their terms (to their immense credit.)

I think they're getable - despite being unbeaten in the league, I think they can be beaten by sides who are fluent and precise through midfield, and sides who have very quick, skillful wingers. But if their opponents continue to get sucked in these quite boring scraps, they'll win everything this season.

I will say though, I think it's kind of disappointing that Sydney are thriving by turning their matches into shitty, boring ones. I know Arnold's mandate is to win games and to win trophies - but especially when we're still trying to become mainstream and trying to milk money from a FTA network, I still don't think we're quite in a position where we can allow the dominant team in the league to be playing dull, shitty football. At this point in football's development in Australia, we really need more entertaining games than the slop that Sydney have put up more often than not this season.

Mar 5, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saw a comparison of Sydney now to Brisbane in 10/11. There is none. I enjoyed watching Brisbane during their run and wont forget the night they put like 5 on us in 10 mins. Even if Sydney match it or go better you can't look past their boring style.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Brisbane played the best football by far in those years, Sydney would be about 4th on the list.

What they are is well drilled and clinical. When they get a chance they usually take it, and they defend VERY well. Pretty much like the Swans of 05/06 who were God awful to watch but got the job done.

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brisbane played the best football by far in those years, Sydney would be about 4th on the list.

What they are is well drilled and clinical. When they get a chance they usually take it, and they defend VERY well. Pretty much like the Swans of 05/06 who were God awful to watch but got the job done.

Sydney have good players all over the field, the only thing the starting 11 lacks is a bit of pace up front, that problem goes away when ibini comes on.

I've said all season the standard of the competition has somehow managed to go downhill, Sydney aren't great but what does that tell you about the rest of the comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back