A-League Round 17 tips/crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Great match.
Dang it was hot, and no doubt the Nix found it difficult, but credit to both teams.

That was our chance to get ahead of the Jets, and especially the Roar before we play them another 2 times.. :neutral: Now we're one point out of the 6.. At least we didn't lose to them again.
Unbeaten against you this season, couldn't even beat 10 men :p

Good effort by both sides in trying conditions and some really good goals too. Wellington should go away happyish. Very good decision on the man of the match. The cheer-leading from the commentary team got a bit boring in the end, but oh well.
You have never heard *"Bert and Ernie" call a game from New Zealand they make the Pro Sydney fox team sound impartial.
*Fred De Jong and the other one (Being Harry Ngata )

Last edited:
Cirio could not score in a brothel with a voucher, had he taken half of his chances he would've deserved all of the votes such was his dominance. Had enough chances to win the game 5 times over. I'm staggered at Amor's tactics, why use all your subs 60 minutes in FFS !!! Was asking for trouble

Very much a tactical error given the conditions. Still, had enough chances to win the game 4 times over.

And credit to the Nix and their fans, they looked out on their feet for most of the 2nd half. Smeltz and Watson though..... they must eat all of the lollies !!! Durrante trying to ref the game again and Roly spent most of his time doing what his name suggests he would.

Thought Roly was good and still trying to figure out why Smeltz was brought back, and Watson seems to have cracked the shits since he's gone back to the bench. Was angry with Doyle more than anything. Given how easy some players go down I was shocked he even made contact in the lead up to the 2nd goal. Stand your bloody ground and it's play on.

I'm still absolutely flabbergasted the game went ahead when it did, Welly wouldn't be getting a flight home tonight so why not wait a couple hours ??

Not sure they'd want to go head to head with the tennis, although player welfare should always take precedence. That said, 4 breaks during the game and it was still of very good quality.

You have never heard *"Bert and Ernie" call a game from New Zealand they make the Pro Sydney fox team sound impartial.
*Fred De Jong and the other one

Completely understand the home town bias, this side of the ditch and the other. Have muted the tele many times over the years.

Not sure they'd want to go head to head with the tennis, although player welfare should always take precedence. That said, 4 breaks during the game and it was still of very good quality.
An Adelaide vs Wellington game isn't going to out rate the tennis anyway. The other thing is school starts here tomorrow so a Sunday night game may not have been great for the kids.

The W League game could've been played in the morning too. 4.30pm is generally the hottest part of the day during summer in Adelaide, player and fan welfare should be paramount.

An Adelaide vs Wellington game isn't going to out rate the tennis anyway. The other thing is school starts here tomorrow so a Sunday night game may not have been great for the kids.

The W League game could've been played in the morning too. 4.30pm is generally the hottest part of the day during summer in Adelaide, player and fan welfare should be paramount.

Fair call.

And credit to the Nix and their fans, they looked out on their feet for most of the 2nd half. Smeltz and Watson though..... they must eat all of the lollies !!! Durrante trying to ref the game again and Roly spent most of his time doing what his name suggests he would.
When the drinks breaks occurred, the Nix fans went as well. They all cleared out every break.
Smeltz had just come back from 3 months off, and Watson's just a big lad in general. Still pretty quick, and uses his "weight" well :p

Roly, well.. That's Roly unfortunately..

Increasingly I find that the Wellington commentators are no worse than Mike Cockerill or Robbie Slater.
Jason Pine is the best of the bunch, followed by daylight..... ... .... Then everyone else. But Fred De Jong and Harry Ngata are pretty shight.

And furthermore if Hindmarsh is going to be our home for the foreseeable future, then it's in drastic need of an upgrade. It doesn't have to be as big as NIB Stadium in Perth, indeed with the space available that's impossible. But you can't have 70% of the crowd sitting out in all elements

The owners are pushing for a new city based stadium near AO, I'm all for it personally but the rusted on fans don't want to leave Hindmarsh. I love the place, but for our club to grow we either need a massive upgrade which isn't really possible or we need a city stadium.

And furthermore if Hindmarsh is going to be our home for the foreseeable future, then it's in drastic need of an upgrade. It doesn't have to be as big as NIB Stadium in Perth, indeed with the space available that's impossible. But you can't have 70% of the crowd sitting out in all elements

The owners are pushing for a new city based stadium near AO, I'm all for it personally but the rusted on fans don't want to leave Hindmarsh. I love the place, but for our club to grow we either need a massive upgrade which isn't really possible or we need a city stadium.

When was it last upgraded? It wasn't that long ago was it?

While I'm a bit preferable to Sydney, the majority of Victory fans that I know and that I speak to online say that Adelaide is the next away trip that I must do (it won't be if Victory play in the A-League GF in Sydney.) But I watch games like todays and I just wonder how home fans want to go there, let alone away fans. It looked brutal sitting there in the sun today. When you consider that temperature is taken in the shade, sitting in the sun for 2 hours must go close to, if not top 50 degrees. That's inhumanely hot.

When was it last upgraded? It wasn't that long ago was it?

While I'm a bit preferable to Sydney, the majority of Victory fans that I know and that I speak to online say that Adelaide is the next away trip that I must do (it won't be if Victory play in the A-League GF in Sydney.) But I watch games like todays and I just wonder how home fans want to go there, let alone away fans. It looked brutal sitting there in the sun today. When you consider that temperature is taken in the shade, sitting in the sun for 2 hours must go close to, if not top 50 degrees. That's inhumanely hot.
Was upgraded in 2000 for the Olympics so it's a bit stale.

Today was by a margin the hottest sporting event I've ever been to and there's only shade on the western side, which was packed. I do love the place, if you moved it into the CBD it would be full every week IMO. But the rusted ons don't want to move. I can kinda understand but it's time to move forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you consider that temperature is taken in the shade, sitting in the sun for 2 hours must go close to, if not top 50 degrees. That's inhumanely hot.
To further prove how bad it was, there was a case of heatstroke right next to us.. That's what that shiny sheet in the stand facing the camera was. Reflected the heat away from the guy.. I think he was okay.

So its us vs mariners for the wooden spoon?
We deserve it this year IMO, mariners have tried their guts out.
Do us all a favour and draw :D

Eastern daylight time ?? My app says 4.45.

It was still 38 at 6pm, I'm not surprised players are struggling.
My app now says 4:30, but yesterday it said 5:15. It's always set to Central time, so.. Don't know.

Yeah, I heard that was the case. Jeez.

Great match.
Dang it was hot, and no doubt the Nix found it difficult, but credit to both teams.

That was our chance to get ahead of the Jets, and especially the Roar before we play them another 2 times.. :neutral: Now we're one point out of the 6.. At least we didn't lose to them again.

Do you mean get in front of Perth ? We're 8 points in front of Wellington

So its us vs mariners for the wooden spoon?
We deserve it this year IMO, mariners have tried their guts out.

Especially with the squad they have compared to everyone else.

I see now there's finally discussion on the heat after yesterday when it's been an annual occurance over here for years.

Especially with the squad they have compared to everyone else.

I see now there's finally discussion on the heat after yesterday when it's been an annual occurance over here for years.
And Adelaide too. I think scheduling in both Adelaide and Perth needs to be seriously looked at, and W League matches shouldn't be played mid afternoon in January.

Kids were being taken away by ambos yesterday, it has to be looked at.

Those last 2 spots in the top 6 are being hotly contested. At the moment, 4 vying teams slugging it out for 2 spots...:praying:

The foundation of Football Federation Australia's heat policy is outdated and "becoming obsolete".

That was the assessment of world's leading sports scientists in 2015 when examining the effectiveness of the Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) for measuring heat stress during sports.

The WBGT came into the spotlight on Sunday when the Wellington Phoenix played in 39 degrees Celsius heat in Adelaide because the WBGT reading - which takes in humidity, cloud cover, solar radiation, wind, shade, and the time of day - was 25.6C, below the 28C level required in the FFA's policy to delay a kickoff time.

Link

Should definitely have been put back a couple of hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back