A-League Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing what difference supporters make.

Last night in the same stadium the away fans made all the noise.....

2-1, Victory do like a cliffhanger finish

7 point gap, not sure anyone will catch Perth.

Yep, this season's all over.

Not altogether surprising either. The Asian Champions League win, the Wanderers implosion after he left, and this season with Glory surely demonstrate that Popovic is the best coach in Australia.

When you add names like Lowry, Spiranovic, Djulbic, Franjic, Davidson, Kilkenny, Ikonomidis and even Neville... these are names that I was reading in "what will the Socceroos like like in 10 years time" threads on various websites years and years ago. Perth have done an outstanding job of achieving what, in my view, the A-League should've worked harder to achieve all along - they've brought back guys that we know have talent and potential, but for whatever reason weren't making it Europe or in the top tiers of Asia. To a lesser extent, that's what the Roarcelona team of a few years ago were doing a good job of achieving as well.

Obviously I desperately want my Vuck winning the title this season - but if we fall, I hope it's to Perth. Between Perth recruiting in the way that no one really has since season 1 (in offering opportunities to Australian guys playing in s**t leagues, or in good leagues but not getting game time), and Victory discovering guys like Kamsoba (and to a lesser extent King Kenny), that is how you rekindle interest in the league. Stop showing me Mitch Nichols, Scott Jamieson, Mitch Austin and a hundred other re-treads that just bounce around as squad players on 5 different A-League teams, and show me Elvis Kamsoba, Chris Ikonomidis and Jason Davidson.

Agree with all of that, however bit harsh on Jamo, hes been a very handy acquisition for the teams hes played for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back