A-League Round 20 - Back to A Full Round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Andonis1997 what was the reason the Nix wore blue and green today?
Blue and green should not be seen without a colour in between
Firstly, it was meant to be purple, if that makes it better or worse! Just was pissing down with rain to notice :p It grew on me, to be honest!

Secondly it was for the Mental Health Foundation of NZ as this is our Mental Health round. Match worn shirts are going to be auctioned off for charity and the retail shirts actually sold out at the game!
This is their logo so we were using their colours.
images (58).jpeg

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
watch every game on tv. But I no longer believe that we as a sport are a chance of breaking into the mainstream and becoming a competitive league on a global scale. We're just NSL 2.0. And we can't blame "the ethnics" for the league's failures, we can only blame those that we entrusted with running the game.
I guess we just have to wait and see with the clubs fully taking over from 2021(?). Sounds like they think they know best with marketing.

From my standpoint, my club is doing better than recent seasons with crowds, memberships, media etc. So we buck the trend of the rest of Australia. Clearly our great brand of football helps with bandwagoners but to have a team as an outlier from another country potentially means it's an Australia/FFA problem, not necessarily a League problem.

On the NSL, it seems like we don't have that "ethnics" tag, or that it's wogball (which is ironic because Kiwis are technically ethnics in this league) and sounds like it never did with the Nix, despite our first owner being Greek so it's definitely weird seeing a club so far attached from the NSL and FFA bullshit. It might have been different with the Kingz or Knights but never for the team that was quietly based on AEK Athens 😂

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Vocal online but haven’t seen a huge contingent in a very very very long time.

And this isn’t a veiled shot, I know the cove isn’t what it used to be either.
But we are drawing bigger crowds in our Gypsy state than them and they have the best football ground in the league.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't quite a few of the RBB ferals decide to stay away for good and or get banned by the club after they were told to clean up their act by the club and the FFA (similiar to what happened with the North Terrace at Melbourne Victory)

I cannot take a pop at other clubs crowd numbers being a City fan, but what i will say it is disheartening that crowd numbers overall in the HAL seem to be dwindling and the FFA Seem hellbent in scheduling games in timeslots for boosted TV ratings etx

Sunday Twilight Fixtures are a nightmare.

Once a few people got banned for no reason

It had nothing to do with the bans. Over time more and more people started migrating back into the shed because it is far better than the other end of the ground or the front of the shed. Eventually, most of the active support moved back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back