A-League Round 20 - Back to A Full Round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-league Round 20, after postponements and byes due to the ACL the A-league is back to a full schedule.

Friday 21st February
Wellington Phoenix V Western United. Westpac Stadium, 5:15pm ESDT 7:15pm NZT
Western Sydney Wanderers V Adelaide United, BankWest Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 22nd February
Brisbane Roar V Perth Glory, Dolphin Stadium, 5:00pm ESDT 4:00pm EST (ABC TV Broadcast match, check local guides)
Newcastle Jets V Melbourne Victory, Hunter Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Sunday 23rd February
Central Coast Mariners V Sydney FC, Bluetongue Stadium, 6:00pm ESDT

Bye: Melbourne City

Predictions: Nix 2-0 WSW 2- BrisVRoar 2-2 Vic 2-1 Syd 3-1

Enjoy the football this weekend

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Central Coast Marinos 4 - Sydney FC 0

IMG_0147.gif

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ohh.. from a few days ago finally Rudan's true colours being shown for what he is, A Sh!t man!

Old mate loses dressing rooms like he loses USB sticks.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Was doomed to fail, and I'm.somewhat glad it has

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Nux should be grateul Rudan left, makes a douche of himself every week and under Talay they look like they have a pretty good base for years to come with high quality foreigners and young Kiwis coming through.
Western still haven't got their stadium stuff sorted, wonder if they will fold before they do. A few places would like their spot.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm incredibly glad it's failing. The team shouldn't exist to begin with.
I'm not super bothered about the team, it should've been South though.

But the way Rudan has gone about it is pathetic.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm not super bothered about the team, it should've been South though.

But the way Rudan has gone about it is pathetic.

Probably a good decision not to bring in South Melbourne in, if you believe the reports that they have not been paying their players lately.

Putting a team in the West was the right move. They have a great kit and colours..

Don't like the name though. Too generic.

West Melbourne/Victoria Athletic is what I would have gone with.

Don't get me started on MacArthur FC.

Reminds me of Troy McLure's agent on the Simpsons (played by Jeff Goldblum) 😆😆😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Probably a good decision not to bring in South Melbourne in, if you believe the reports that they have not been paying their players lately.

Putting a team in the West was the right move. They have a great kit and colours..

Don't like the name though. Too generic.

West Melbourne/Victoria Athletic is what I would have gone with.

Don't get me started on MacArthur FC.

Reminds me of Troy McLure's agent on the Simpsons (played by Jeff Goldblum)

Interesting I’ve only heard good things about Macarthur.

Will have members voting on 2 board members. (Any other club do this? Mine doesn’t and believe me I have asked the question)
Will be the main tenant of Campbelltown which is a great little stadium.
Colours look good and different to the other 2 Sydney teams.
Good membership from the get go considering they didn’t play a game this season.

Haven’t seen them screw up yet.

I won’t say much about Western (besides what a s**t name) as I know nothing about what would of been better down there.
With the info about South not paying coach’s or players, supposedly, looks like the League dodged a bullet there.

Maybe the Western licence should have gone to Canberra?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I was hoping the expansion teams wouldn't come from anywhere too close to existing teams, as bringing in old NSL and ethnic clubs whenever the league is ready for a second division would have been the perfect opportunity. I'd had loved to see Hellas, but with Western United (even though they represent a more western demographic) it will kind of spread everything too thin.

Agree that Canberra or even regional Vic (e.g Shepparton) would have been better.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I was hoping the expansion teams wouldn't come from anywhere too close to existing teams, as bringing in old NSL and ethnic clubs whenever the league is ready for a second division would have been the perfect opportunity. I'd had loved to see Hellas, but with Western United (even though they represent a more western demographic) it will kind of spread everything too thin.

Agree that Canberra or even regional Vic (e.g Shepparton) would have been better.
Would you get the support from a town like Shepparton though ??

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Would you get the support from a town like Shepparton though ??

I previously never thought so, but have had a few people through work from the area and most of my family around the north east/Murray say otherwise. Pretty active competition through there and I doubt would pull less than what WU are at the moment. Canberra imo would have still been the better option. I was more musing than anything in regards to possibly missing a future opportunity to bring in clubs like South Melbourne.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
MacArthur and western seem very similar types of regions in both are in expanding areas with decent football people in those areas. I would have preferred western to be either based out of Geelong or atleast wait a year or 2 in order to have a temporary stadium in the region. (But I dont know enough about that end of vic). As said above (for an area I know more about) the MacArthur team is in a region that neither of the current teams represent and has the stadium, money and sponsorship behind it to go far (with a pretty good name imo). I think another inner Melbourne side would have been a bad idea and the same for a kograh/sutherland based side, atleast for the moment.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back