A-LEAGUE ROUND 23 DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that was f@cking pathetic! we are so predictable its not funny anymore sick of us just pass out wide then a cross in to nobody we never go direct or take shots outside the box all a team has to do is pack the defence in the 18 yard box and get us on the counter just like Brisbane did tonight and it happens every bloody week its annoying as F@ck!

tbh i'm not even angry Brisbane was far to good and could have score 7 or 8 goals! and our season went to s**t long ago!

Time to focus on a rebuild of the squad for next season. Cut some of trash

Pain
Maka
Georgie
Mahazi
Finkler
all have to go

Archie to retire.
Kosta already gone

Makouranus too or is he so unbelievably s**t that he doesn't even register. Some Glory fans I know cried a river when he was cut loose by Glory. The next Kaka they said!

Are Central Coast going anywhere? Clearly this season is a write-off and you can't read much into tonight's game given they played half it with 9 but they don't seem to be making a lot of progress. Newcastle seem to be turning in the right direction, Perth and Adelaide have really turned things around and Wellington are trying even though their players keep getting injured but the Mariners look like they're getting worse. Like Sydney FC. I've never understood how Graham Arnold has a good record anywhere, he strikes me as clueless. They get very little value for money from their squad too.

I'd like to see the top 6 teams stay as is, preferably with Perth higher. Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne City are the best teams to watch at the moment. Could be an exciting finals series.

They obviously didnt give a * tonight. That early penalty. The tackles. Izzo time wasting in the second half when 3 or 4 down. An awful awful team.

Going to be a crazy last 4 rounds and finals. Still can't go past WSW as premiers. Amazing form revival by Brisbane since losing to Adelaide.

Are Central Coast going anywhere? Clearly this season is a write-off and you can't read much into tonight's game given they played half it with 9 but they don't seem to be making a lot of progress. Newcastle seem to be turning in the right direction, Perth and Adelaide have really turned things around and Wellington are trying even though their players keep getting injured but the Mariners look like they're getting worse. Like Sydney FC. I've never understood how Graham Arnold has a good record anywhere, he strikes me as clueless. They get very little value for money from their squad too.

I'd like to see the top 6 teams stay as is, preferably with Perth higher. Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne City are the best teams to watch at the moment. Could be an exciting finals series.

Time to fold them and make way for the mighty Joondalup United

Maybe a question to post in the General Chat thread but seriously what do the CCM bring to the league anymore? they have a very small support base not much corporate support being from Gosford and are god awful on the fields. I don't want to see them fold because I don't like any teams folding but I thinks its only a matter a time before they replaced or are relocated in to North Sydney where they can find access to more corporate support and fans. I guess the only positive is they've now opened an academy but that could be utilised even if they relocate.

thoughts...

Last edited:
Ugh. Newcastle almost did the unthinkable at the death.

Wanderers v Adelaide next week is probably our last chance for top two. We lose top two is gone plain and simple.

Ugh. Newcastle almost did the unthinkable at the death.

Wanderers v Adelaide next week is probably our last chance for top two. We lose top two is gone plain and simple.
The chance of premiers went Friday night in all reality. WSW have an easier ride home and in reasonable form, Brisbane in great form, City looking very dangerous and Perth are pushing strong from a fair way back.
We at least needed a point from Friday to be in realistic contention.
Will take a miracle for us to be premiers now and probably top two also.

Brisbane are in good form every other week, but if they play like they did yesterday they'll be very hard to stop.

Despite keeping a clean sheet on the weekend their defence is a mess. Both Adelaide and Glory have shown that. Young is better than Theo though and I thought I'd never say that.

Despite keeping a clean sheet on the weekend their defence is a mess. Both Adelaide and Glory have shown that. Young is better than Theo though and I thought I'd never say that.
I know he's had injuries but how far has he fallen ?!?!

And that was mainly in the first part of the season when Dino was injured and he had a spud like Golec playing at the back of Warren as a central defender. Since we identified the issues and got Lowry in and someone to screen the back four it's improved dramatically. Roar need to address it to, that's my point Stefanutto needs to be punted now even if he has ditched that s**t haircut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steffanutto and Theo are gone, Donachie did his Medial ligament against your mob during the first half and should be back soon, Devere I don't even know whats going on.

I like the idea of sending mckay to LB

---------------------------Young---------------------
Hingert-------Donachie---------North--------McKay
Petratos----------------Corona---------------Broich
Borrello----------------McLaren---------------Oar

Seems odd to get a guy like Devere back and not play him.

I asked that somewhere on here (or was it twitter) and he's only just coming back from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back