A-League Round 24 - Behind Closed Doors!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 24 and due to the CoronaVirus all matches will be played behind closed doors! we also have a couple rescheduled matches due to Wellington and Melbourne Victory being in quarantine as well as one match from round 26 brought forward.

A-league Round 24

Friday 20th March
Central Coast Mariners V Melbourne City, Central Coast Stadium, 5:30pm ESDT
Brisbane Roar V Newcastle Jets, CBUS Stadium, Gold Coast, 7:30pm ESDT 6:30pm EST

Saturday 21st March
Western Sydney Wanderers V SydneyFC, BankWest Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Monday 23rd March
Perth Glory V Western United, HBF Stadium, 9:30pm ESDT 6:30pm EST

A-league Round 26

Monday 23rd March
Newcastle Jets V Melbourne City, McDonald James Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT (*rescheduled match brought forward)

All matches to be played behind closed doors!

Bye: Adelaide United, Melbourne Victory (in quarantine) Wellington Phoenix (in quarantine)

Predictions: City 3-0 Roar V Jets 1-1 SyndeyFC 1-0 Perth 2-1 City 2-1

Enjoy watching sport on TV this weekend it's gonna look weird and stay safe!

Last edited:
City will put 4 or 5 past central coast, I think the roar should win 2 or 3-1 (but a close game), derby will be a multi goal affair (either 1 goal difference or a draw). All the other predictions seem about right.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to see how the Sydney Derby/battle of the harbour ? Goes behind closed doors ?

I can the Smurfs being a proud and understandably arrogant group of players wanting to get some payback on The Unicorns, could see them easily put 3 or 4 goals past time in a rout.

Calling it now, it's a Smurfs vs City Slickers Grand Final. Both teams are a tier above everyone else this season (with apologies to Welly and Perf)

City are Melbourne and Victoria's only hope to stop the Smurfs from establishing a dynasty, just remember that Victory Oompa Lumpas.

Calling it now, it's a Smurfs vs City Slickers Grand Final. Both teams are a tier above everyone else this season (with apologies to Welly and Perf)

City are Melbourne and Victoria's only hope to stop the Smurfs from establishing a dynasty, just remember that Victory Oompa Lumpas.

Whatever you are drinking I want some.

You belted the Mariners not the Nix, not Perth not Brisbane.

So calm down. Your club has a habit of not handling the limelight very well, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever you are drinking I want some.

You belted the Mariners not the Nix, not Perth not Brisbane.

So calm down. Your club has a habit of not handling the limelight very well, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t call 4-2 a belting (even though from the parts of the game I’ve seen it’s been easy). But your point does stand very well. Im not sure who will be in the gf, but I have a strange feeling the smurfs wont be there.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Yeah City were really good in the 2nd half against Perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Done!

What's happened mate?

Just came into close contact with a confirmed case earlier this week, so I'm now in lockdown for 14 days :(

The good news is that after dealing with anxiety for 20 years, I feel like I've been training for this my whole life :D

I'm seeing all these Americans tweeting about AFL because it's being shown on Fox Sports over there.

It got me thinking that if the A-League has any marketing budget yet, it should be looking to sling some high profile football personalities in Europe a few dollars to get them to live tweet A-League games in the absence of any other sport in the world. It could bring a lot of eyeballs, and could be significant in terms of attracting players as much as fans.

I'm seeing all these Americans tweeting about AFL because it's being shown on Fox Sports over there.

It got me thinking that if the A-League has any marketing budget yet, it should be looking to sling some high profile football personalities in Europe a few dollars to get them to live tweet A-League games in the absence of any other sport in the world. It could bring a lot of eyeballs, and could be significant in terms of attracting players as much as fans.
You'd hope so, SFC and WSW is a good game for the profile of the league as well in terms of quality.

The A-league twitter account has been encouraging it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back